German Soccer to Return

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

German Soccer to Return

Post by Gil Dobie »

A couple countries ready to open sports. Germany thru it's extensive testing, is down to 800 new cases a day, compared to 18,000 cases, 1800+ deaths for good ole USA. They will be playing to empty stadiums. But hey, they are back. It will be a long time before the U.S. gets down to 800 new cases per day.

Link

The coronavirus pandemic has created a lot of uncertainty in the sports world. The Olympics have been pushed back to 2021. The same goes for the Euros and Copa America. -- both previously slated for this summer. We even saw our first major league called off when Ligue 1 ended its season last week after France banned sporting events for the summer.

The pandemic has impacted every major professional soccer league around the world, forcing the postponement of hundreds of matches. The Belarusian Premier League is still playing, though the league isn't part of World Association of Professional Football Leagues, otherwise known as World Leagues Forum. Nicaragua is playing as well.

Germany's Bundesliga could return as soon as next week, while South Korea's K League is set to resume on Friday.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: German Soccer to Return

Post by Ivytalk »

I hate Bundesliga Nazis.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:32 am I hate Bundesliga Nazis.
They play an uninteresting game in the Bundesliga.

Bring back La Liga!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JoltinJoe wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:01 am
Ivytalk wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:32 am I hate Bundesliga Nazis.

Bring back La Liga!
The ‘98 Yankees would beat those pussies.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:29 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:01 am

Bring back La Liga!
And cleanly too.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:04 am
Ivytalk wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:29 am

And cleanly too.
Nah, Germans are pretty good at testing, they would catch them. The '98 Yanks were lucky to avoid the lens of steroid testing when they did, only ended up getting caught at the tail end as testing got better and more frequent. But get caught they did. Cheaters. :nod:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:57 pm
JoltinJoe wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:04 am

And cleanly too.
Nah, Germans are pretty good at testing, they would catch them. The '98 Yanks were lucky to avoid the lens of steroid testing when they did, only ended up getting caught at the tail end as testing got better and more frequent. But get caught they did. Cheaters. :nod:
Waiting on lengthy rebuttal from JoltinJoe in 3..2..1..
:thumb:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

dbackjon wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:06 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:57 pm

And yet still not one member of the 1998 Yankees credibly linked to PED use.

GanNoFacts is in his No Facts Zone.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Whenever I think of German soccer, I think about the way the German team was serenaded by Swedish fans, in English, after the Germans beat Sweden at the 2018 World Cup:

“Go home to your ugly wives! Go home to your ugly wives!” :lol:

Epic. And the Krauts didn’t make it out of group play, losing to Mexico and South Korea.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JoltinJoe wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 pm
dbackjon wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:06 pm

JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

89Hen wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:03 am

The stuff you post when you can't answer a simple question. :roll:

Who among the 1998 Yankees was linked to PED use during or before the season?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:06 pm Waiting on lengthy rebuttal from JoltinJoe in 3..2..1..

Are you intentionally missing the point? Ganny said ...
GannonFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:57 pm The '98 Yanks were lucky to avoid the lens of steroid testing when they did, only ended up getting caught at the tail end as testing got better and more frequent. But get caught they did. Cheaters. :nod:
He isn't arguing that there are credible links to the 98 team, he's arguing that they were lucky but ended up getting caught later.

And are you sure that "not one member of the 1998 Yankees credibly linked to PED use." Weren't Andy Pettitte, Mike Stanton and Darren Holmes on the 98 team? Weren't they linked to PED use later in their careers? Your statement doesn't limit the PED use to the 1998 season.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

UNI88 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:01 pm

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:57 pm The '98 Yanks were lucky to avoid the lens of steroid testing when they did, only ended up getting caught at the tail end as testing got better and more frequent. But get caught they did. Cheaters. :nod:
He isn't arguing that there are credible links to the 98 team, he's arguing that they were lucky but ended up getting caught later.

And are you sure that "not one member of the 1998 Yankees credibly linked to PED use." Weren't Andy Pettitte, Mike Stanton and Darren Holmes on the 98 team? Weren't they linked to PED use later in their careers? Your statement doesn't limit the PED use to the 1998 season.
Not missing his point. He's just making shit up. And no one got "caught later" for use in 1998 or any time prior.

According to the Mitchell Report, Pettitte only used HGH twice, in 2004, while rehabbing from an injury. Obviously use in 2004 had no effect on the 1998 season. Duh!

It's absolute nonsense his name is even in the PED discussion over such an inconsequential use, and he was only included because Jeffrey Epstein pal, Pedo George Mitchell -- a conflicted member of the Red Sox front office -- was trying to make the Yankees look bad.

Actually what is amazing is that even though Pedo George was going out of his way to get the Yankees -- using only two sources for the report, both insiders in New York clubhouses (gee, what teams do you think is he trying to nail?) -- he could not nail the 1998 Yankees at all. That is telling in itself.

Pedo George knew that David Ortiz's trainer was detained at a Canadian airport trying to smuggle anabolic steroids out of Canada, and he made zero effort to get his testimony!

Darren Holmes was a seldom used relief pitcher who pitched 51 unremarkable innings and made no post-season appearances. Holmes subsequently used steroids in 2003, while a member of the Atlanta Braves. Again, use in 2003 had no effect on the 1998 season.

Mike Stanton has never been accused of PED use.

Again, to be clear, no member of the 1998 Yankees has ever been implicated in PED use during that season or any time prior to that season.

Why are guys just being stupid about this?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:46 pm

Not missing his point. He's just making shit up.

because Jeffrey Epstein pal, Pedo George Mitchell -- a conflicted member of the Red Sox front office -- was trying to make the Yankees look bad.

Actually what is amazing is that even though Pedo George was going out of his way to get the Yankees

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Talk about making "shit" up!!! The Yanks were victims in all of this!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You might be passing JSO now with these kinds of rants. Gold, Jerry, it's gold!!! :rofl: :rofl:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Not missing his point. He's just making shit up. And no one got "caught later" for use in 1998 or any time prior.

According to the Mitchell Report, Pettitte only used HGH twice, in 2004, while rehabbing from an injury. Obviously use in 2004 had no effect on the 1998 season. Duh!

It's absolute nonsense his name is even in the PED discussion over such an inconsequential use, and he was only included because Jeffrey Epstein pal, Pedo George Mitchell -- a conflicted member of the Red Sox front office -- was trying to make the Yankees look bad.

Actually what is amazing is that even though Pedo George was going out of his way to get the Yankees -- using only two sources for the report, both insiders in New York clubhouses (gee, what teams do you think is he trying to nail?) -- he could not nail the 1998 Yankees at all. That is telling in itself.

Pedo George knew that David Ortiz's trainer was detained at a Canadian airport trying to smuggle anabolic steroids out of Canada, and he made zero effort to get his testimony!

Darren Holmes was a seldom used relief pitcher who pitched 51 unremarkable innings and made no post-season appearances. Holmes subsequently used steroids in 2003, while a member of the Atlanta Braves. Again, use in 2003 had no effect on the 1998 season.

Mike Stanton has never been accused of PED use.

Again, to be clear, no member of the 1998 Yankees has ever been implicated in PED use during that season or any time prior to that season.

Why are guys just being stupid about this?
Why are you moving the goalposts on this?

You originally stated "yet still not one member of the 1998 Yankees credibly linked to PED use." and then you just added "during that season or any time prior to that season." I anticipated that defense and preempted it when I included "Your statement doesn't limit the PED use to the 1998 season."

Mike Stanton was linked to PEDs when he was with the Mets.

A staunch defender of the catholic church should probably avoid using pedophelia to bolster their arguments.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:13 pm

Not missing his point. He's just making shit up.

because Jeffrey Epstein pal, Pedo George Mitchell -- a conflicted member of the Red Sox front office -- was trying to make the Yankees look bad.

Actually what is amazing is that even though Pedo George was going out of his way to get the Yankees

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Talk about making "shit" up!!! The Yanks were victims in all of this!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You might be passing JSO now with these kinds of rants. Gold, Jerry, it's gold!!! :rofl: :rofl:
He interviewed ONLY two New York based sources. Are you dense?

Stop making an ass of yourself. You keep repeating the same inanities.

Name a member of the 1998 Yankees credibly linked to PED use during 1998 or earlier -- or just shaddup already.

How can keep re-posting the same things while just ignoring the question?

Do you think people are stupid? Do you think people are missing that you aren't answering the question?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Can we get German soccer on cable over here? Is there an ESPN Deutschland?
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:30 am Can we get German soccer on cable over here? Is there an ESPN Deutschland?
beIN Sports and Fox Sports both televise the Bundesliga.

beIn is the world's best network for premier league soccer. It televises the Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1 -- pretty much every premier European league except the English Premier League, which is contracted to NBC. It also televises first division soccer from Central & South America.

Here's a list of Americans playing in the Bundesliga. Probably the best of the group is Julian Green, but he's been hurt. Faabian Johnson is an established vet. I started pulling for Dortmund when Christian Pulisic was playing for them, and have remained loyal even after Pulisic was transferred to Chelsea.
https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundeslig ... s-usa-5874

[Actually, I just looked the listings for this weekend, and all games are on Fox Sports, FX1, or Fox Soccer Channel. Maybe the Bundesliga isn't televied by beIN at all. I have to confess that I just TIVO the game and really don't pay that much attention to which station or network it is on]
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Thanks, Joe! I’ll check it out. :thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:27 am [

Here's a list of Americans playing in the Bundesliga. Probably the best of the group is Julian Green, but he's been hurt. Faabian Johnson is an established vet. I started pulling for Dortmund when Christian Pulisic was playing for them, and have remained loyal even after Pulisic was transferred to Chelsea.
Huh? Julian Green? Does he have some tie to the Yankees or to BALCO that would prompt that weird shout out of support? Gio Reyna is clearly the US player to watch in Germany - he's the next Pulisic.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

GannonFan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:01 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:27 am [

Huh? Julian Green? Does he have some tie to the Yankees or to BALCO that would prompt that weird shout out of support? Gio Reyna is clearly the US player to watch in Germany - he's the next Pulisic.
Reyna is 17 years old. He's made a handful of first club appearances, played limited minutes, and has never started a match. He's got amazing potential, but it you're tuning in right now to see Reyna, you will be sorely disappointed.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

I had a very good client based in Dortmund. That’s my basis to root for that side.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:38 am Thanks, Joe! I’ll check it out. :thumb:
Dortmund plays Schalke at 9:20 a.m. (EDT), broadcast live on FS1. Reyna will hopefully get some time, although Schalke is a pretty tough oppoent, and Dortmund needs a win badly, because they trail Bayern Munich by four points for the top of the table; meanwhile, two teams can leapfrog Dortmund in the table if Dortmund were to lose tomorrow. Here's a match preview:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundeslig ... nnie-10453
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:00 am I had a very good client based in Dortmund. That’s my basis to root for that side.
The best soccer coach my son ever had got a deal with Dusseldorf, and is currently on its third roster. Broke my heart when he signed. My kid never played better than when he was playing for him.

I keep telling him, via FB, that I am pulling for Dusseldorf because he's with them.

He reminds me that I should be rooting against Dusseldorf so that they will see fit to promote him. :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JoltinJoe wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:06 am
Ivytalk wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:38 am Thanks, Joe! I’ll check it out. :thumb:
Dortmund plays Schalke at 9:20 a.m. (EDT), broadcast live on FS1. Reyna will hopefully get some time, although Schalke is a pretty tough oppoent, and Dortmund needs a win badly, because they trail Bayern Munich by four points for the top of the table; meanwhile, two teams can leapfrog Dortmund in the table if Dortmund were to lose tomorrow. Here's a match preview:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundeslig ... nnie-10453
Thanks for this! I will tune in.