Coronavirus COVID-19

Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I'm actually stunned considering our management is pretty damn conservative, but we just fired the lone unvaccinated holdout. They had until September 1 to get the first shot, did not, and were given a one week extension.

Just fired.

Upper management didn't list any consequence when they required the vaccination, so to go as far as letting someone go took me by surprise. Our firm is 100% vaccinated now.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:14 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:03 am

Obesity is a serious problem and I don't think we'll ever overcome it. Too many processed foods, fast foods and inactivity among other reasons that our population won't go with out (I know it's difficult for me.)

And i'll give you a, "hell yes!" to the vaping. :mrgreen:
We also need to consider how we define obesity. The CDC considers me obese (6'1"' & 250-260 lbs). I am overweight but I'm in decent shape and I don't think I'm obese.
t It has me as "Overweight" however i'm 9 pounds away from healthy.

BMI isn't a really good indicator. If you're 6'1, 250 but all muscle - you clearly aren't obese. I'm 6', 192 lbs. If It was muscle instead of this stubborn beer gut - then I really wouldn't have a BMI of 26.2. The CDC even acknowledges this.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:25 am I'm actually stunned considering our management is pretty damn conservative, but we just fired the lone unvaccinated holdout. They had until September 1 to get the first shot, did not, and were given a one week extension.

Just fired.

Upper management didn't list any consequence when they required the vaccination, so to go as far as letting someone go took me by surprise. Our firm is 100% vaccinated now.
Pretty stupid reason to lose your job.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:29 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:25 am I'm actually stunned considering our management is pretty damn conservative, but we just fired the lone unvaccinated holdout. They had until September 1 to get the first shot, did not, and were given a one week extension.

Just fired.

It really is. I'm kinda glad cause she sat next to me in our two-person work areas. I was wearing a mask all day and now I don't have to, plus I've got some more space to myself lol.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:35 am
Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:29 am

It really is. I'm kinda glad cause she sat next to me in our two-person work areas. I was wearing a mask all day and now I don't have to, plus I've got some more space to myself lol.
Eh, rules are rules. You follow them or you go away. Plenty of places to work in this world, if you don't want to follow that place's rules then move on. People can still make that choice, but obviously there are repercussions to some choices.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:57 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:35 am

Eh, rules are rules. You follow them or you go away. Plenty of places to work in this world, if you don't want to follow that place's rules then move on. People can still make that choice, but obviously there are repercussions to some choices.
She should have claimed she was a they/it that liked girls and was handicapped and part Indian. They never could have fired her then.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:00 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:57 am

She should have claimed she was a they/it that liked girls and was handicapped and part Indian. They never could have fired her then.
Probably would've been promoted.

I went through harassments training yesterday. In one example a man was told he was rude for referring to a woman as a man b/c they don't identify that way. He was told he can have his beliefs on science but to keep it quiet when at work. :dunce:

So - Person A can express their belief that they are a man when they're biologically a female but Person B cannot express their belief that you can't change genders. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:03 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:00 am

Probably would've been promoted.

I went through harassments training yesterday. In one example a man was told he was rude for referring to a woman as a man b/c they don't identify that way. He was told he can have his beliefs on science but to keep it quiet when at work. :dunce:

So - Person A can express their belief that they are a man when they're biologically a female but Person B cannot express their belief that you can't change genders. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
Your own truth only extends as far as yourself - you can't project your truth onto someone else. It's like a truth bubble if you will. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:51 pm More data that reaffirms why I'm not putting this shit in my kid. :coffee:

Officials confirmed that the 4-year-old had no underlying health issues.

https://kesq.com/news/coronavirus/2021/ ... ls-report/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/5- ... e-n1274671

Mitchell and Summey described Wyatt as having been healthy before he became sick with the coronavirus.

"He was so healthy and happy," Summey said. "I mean, he's had the sniffles here and there, but nothing ever. It just got a hold of him, and it just took him. It's crazy."

Proof of what? Marina was just a google away from realizing she didn't know jack about what she was tweeting.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:25 pm
SDHornet wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:51 pm More data that reaffirms why I'm not putting this shit in my kid. :coffee:

Mitchell and Summey described Wyatt as having been healthy before he became sick with the coronavirus.

"He was so healthy and happy," Summey said. "I mean, he's had the sniffles here and there, but nothing ever. It just got a hold of him, and it just took him. It's crazy."

Proof of what? Marina was just a google away from realizing she didn't know jack about what she was tweeting.
Sooooo…..ONE?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:26 pm

Sooooo…..ONE?
But the meme with no links by a Criminal Defense Lawyer who is defending Jan 6th rioters ................
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Sooooo…..ONE?
ONE > zero. And if there's one there might be more. Marina chizzied those numbers, she's is full of shit.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Sooooo…..ONE?
ONE > zero. And if there's one there might be more. Marina chizzied those numbers, she's is full of shit.
I don’t doubt there’s more than one. The post specifically said they analyzed 48,000 children. They didn’t say they analyzed them ALL.

Point being. You analyze 48,000 of ANYTHING and don’t find ONE instance of something, it’s pretty fucking rare. Like “unicorn” rare.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:15 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:54 pm
I don’t doubt there’s more than one. The post specifically said they analyzed 48,000 children. They didn’t say they analyzed them ALL.

Point being. You analyze 48,000 of ANYTHING and don’t find ONE instance of something, it’s pretty fucking rare. Like “unicorn” rare.
I have about as much faith in the writer of that opinion piece as I do in Dr. Fauci. They both seem to have made up their mind and are focusing on presenting information that supports their pre-determined positions.
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

Sooooo…..ONE?
That's two, and it was pulled from the first three links that came up. the point being, she is full of shit and now it kills healthy kids as well. I'll concede it's rare, but it happens.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:38 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:15 pm

I have about as much faith in the writer of that opinion piece as I do in Dr. Fauci. They both seem to have made up their mind and are focusing on presenting information that supports their pre-determined positions.
Did Johns Hopkins or did NOT Johns Hopkins analyze 48,000 cases? Did they or did they not find ZERO deaths in otherwise healthy kids? Is there something flawed about the study?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:25 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:38 pm
Did Johns Hopkins or did NOT Johns Hopkins analyze 48,000 cases? Did they or did they not find ZERO deaths in otherwise healthy kids? Is there something flawed about the study?
I don't know - did they? Was it a formal study that was published (linky, linky please)? Or did the writer of the opinion piece focus on 48,000 cases without a fatality while ignoring cases with fatalities to prove a point he wanted to make? Does the writer of the opinion piece have an agenda (much like Fauci has an agenda)? Sorry, but I'm skeptical of his intentions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:51 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:25 pm

I don't know - did they? Was it a formal study that was published (linky, linky please)? Or did the writer of the opinion piece focus on 48,000 cases without a fatality while ignoring cases with fatalities to prove a point he wanted to make? Does the writer of the opinion piece have an agenda (much like Fauci has an agenda)? Sorry, but I'm skeptical of his intentions.
I see. So now we can’t trust Johns Hopkins either. Gotcha. :thumb: :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:52 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:51 pm
That isn't what I said. I asked for a link to a formal Johns Hopkins study not an opinion piece by a single doctor who works at Johns Hopkins and mentions the numbers without a link to a formal study that I saw (i was limited by a paywall).

Why should we trust this one doctor at Johns Hopkins more than the CDC, Mayo, etc.?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:52 pm

That isn't what I said. I asked for a link to a formal Johns Hopkins study not an opinion piece by a single doctor who works at Johns Hopkins and mentions the numbers without a link to a formal study that I saw (i was limited by a paywall).

Why should we trust this one doctor at Johns Hopkins more than the CDC, Mayo, etc.?
She's a Defense Lawyer, not a Doctor, and a link would be nice AZ. Even a crappy BDKKK looking link.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:39 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:36 pm

She's a Defense Lawyer, not a Doctor, and a link would be nice AZ. Even a crappy BDKKK looking link.
Gil, I was talking about the person who wrote the opinion piece in the WSJ not the twitter twit.

The Flimsy Evidence Behind the CDC’s Push to Vaccinate Children

Martin Adel Makary, M.D., M.P.H.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:45 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:39 pm

Gil, I was talking about the person who wrote the opinion piece in the WSJ not the twitter twit.

Ok, and you do know how to post a link. :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:49 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:45 pm

Ok, and you do know how to post a link. :thumb:
:nod: I've tried to teach Kalm how to post a link but he's a Luddite and it's beyond his ability to comprehend ... :coffee: ;)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:34 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:39 pm

Meh, Ivermectin narrative is all conflation with the animal usage. It's approved for human use. If a doctor prescribes it, more power to them. The idiots consuming the drug intended for animal use, yeah good luck.
Regardless of the human or animal variety, it's for the same problem - parasites. Not a virus. Unless you have worms in your lungs, the science isn't there to back up any claim that it'll effectively treat a respiratory virus.

They won't take the FDA approved drug to treat COVID but they'll take the FDA approved drug to treat intestinal parasites. It defied common sense and logic.

Logic would tell you that BigPharma would jump at the chance to push another treatment out there in an effort to make more money but given that Merc says this is not its intended use and there's zero science to sustain any claim has to count for something.
Why would they jump on a narrative to push a drug that isn't going to need a booster every (fill in the blank) months?

Regarding Ivermectin, I haven't checked up on its usefulness fighting the China Virus. I don't care, more focused on the narratives against a drug already on the market that is approved for human use. If doctors want to prescribe it to treat the China Virus then so be it. They know what they're doing, right?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:37 am

So she for sure caught it from her class? Or is this just more Coronabro fear porn.

And are vaccinated folks not able to transmit the China Virus anymore? Because when did that happen?