NFL 2021 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: NFL 2021 Season

Post by dal4018 »

Cardinals vs.Packers once again I expect a obvious shootout Murray vs.Rodgers tonight on NFL NETWORK!!!!!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dal4018 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:44 pm Cardinals vs.Packers once again I expect a obvious shootout Murray vs.Rodgers tonight on NFL NETWORK!!!!!
Cardinals play some D, might not be as high scoring as you think. Packers may even want to slow down the game and keep the Cards offense off the field.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:44 pm Cardinals vs.Packers once again I expect a obvious shootout Murray vs.Rodgers tonight on NFL NETWORK!!!!!
No Davante Adams or Lazard for Rodgers to throw to tonight, Covid scratches.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:52 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:53 pm Carson Wentz
Team: Indianapolis Colts (#2)
NFL Season: 6th
Week 7: Led the Colts to a 30-18 road win over the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday Night Football … Completed 17-of-26 passes for 150 yards, 2 touchdowns, and no interceptions … Improved his TD-to-INT ratio to 11-to-1 this season.
Only important stat to me is that he took 100% of the snaps. Stay healthy, Carson, stay healthy. :thumb:
I think 93 and every other Eagles fan wants 75%+ snaps.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Third in my Fantasy Football league without watching more than 5 minutes of a game.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:53 pm Third in my Fantasy Football league without watching more than 5 minutes of a game.
Third place is just the second loser ... ;)

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:56 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:52 am

Only important stat to me is that he took 100% of the snaps. Stay healthy, Carson, stay healthy. :thumb:
I think 93 and every other Eagles fan wants 75%+ snaps.
Yup. Keep that glass-jawed stiff healthy. He's only made it through a whole NFL season twice.

I can almost guarantee a concussion or vaginitis flare-up by week 12. He's way overdue.

It'd be nice to pick up that third first-rounder so Howie can package them for seven 2nd round picks. Then he can pass on guys like Justin Jefferson and Tee Higgins and take sleepers like Jalen Reagor instead.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:06 pm
Packers pull off a walk-off int, and then victory formation.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Yes I knew along with their D-Co-ordinator as well.Marcedes Lewis nearly made a GREAT ONE HAND GRAB in the end zone!!!!!!!!!!
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:09 pm

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:50 pm
Cardinals play some D, might not be as high scoring as you think. Packers may even want to slow down the game and keep the Cards offense off the field.
AJ GREEN WAS CAUGHT NAPPING ON THAT END ZONE PLAY HE THOUGHT THE REFS WAS GOING TO BAIL HIM OUT!!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

No Hail Mary to Jeff Janis last night to bail him out but they still won.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Good call, kept Murray off the field with some long drives
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:06 pm No Davante Adams or Lazard for Rodgers to throw to tonight, Covid scratches.
Nice game by A-Ron.

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:08 am

Good call, kept Murray off the field with some long drives
Green was napping on that potential TD pass
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I was concerned with Buck's gross over-statement on LaFleur's coaching performance in this game, labeling it "masterful." It was anything but. It was LaFleur's goal line play-calling that should have cost Green Bay the game, and WOULD have were it not for Green's short "nap." Rodgers did everything humanly possible given the handicap of a horribly inappropriate formation and play call that close to the goal line, but he didn't get much help from either LaFleur or the OL, which had otherwise done wonders blocking for the backs in the middle of the field. I "get" this modern idea of spreading out the field in order to open up the middle for a draw, but that generally doesn't work at the goal line very much. In most cases, if you bring the ball into the backfield, either from under center or in the Gun, you're bound to get stuffed. The only play appropriate at the one and in is 10 Wedge. If you can't get one yard from the simple expedient of having your quarterback fall across his center's butt (yes, I'm exaggerating, because most QBs look for the hole before the snap and before they go), you don't deserve to win. About the only caveat to that would be to resurrect the Notre Dame Box, because BY FORMATION that puts extra blockers in the gaps. But I'd still prefer to go with sneak at the one. The options are a bit more open at the three; there, I'd prefer I Formation triple option out of a 3-TE wing set, perhaps with the wing back in back-and-forth motion. This throwing it into a compact box (the end zone) as close as inside the one is for the birds....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

A pic of Rodgers after drawing a roughing the passer call on a TD pass has pretty much broken the Internet. Before I saw what they were talking about, I thought it was his request for a horse-collar call on a previous sack. (He was right about THAT one, too, but the zebras blew it.)

https://sports.yahoo.com/aaron-rodgers- ... 06676.html

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SuperHornet wrote:A pic of Rodgers after drawing a roughing the passer call on a TD pass has pretty much broken the Internet. Before I saw what they were talking about, I thought it was his request for a horse-collar call on a previous sack. (He was right about THAT one, too, but the zebras blew it.)

How? He grabbed him near the waist, nowhere near high enough for a horse collar.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Meh. It was about half-way up, and the yank made it come DOWN to the waist....

Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:23 pm
Winterborn wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:53 pm Third in my Fantasy Football league without watching more than 5 minutes of a game.
Third place is just the second loser ... ;)
But the payout is enough for me to earn my money back with a bit of interest. :poke:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:01 am I was concerned with Buck's gross over-statement on LaFleur's coaching performance in this game, labeling it "masterful." It was anything but. It was LaFleur's goal line play-calling that should have cost Green Bay the game, and WOULD have were it not for Green's short "nap." Rodgers did everything humanly possible given the handicap of a horribly inappropriate formation and play call that close to the goal line, but he didn't get much help from either LaFleur or the OL, which had otherwise done wonders blocking for the backs in the middle of the field. I "get" this modern idea of spreading out the field in order to open up the middle for a draw, but that generally doesn't work at the goal line very much. In most cases, if you bring the ball into the backfield, either from under center or in the Gun, you're bound to get stuffed. The only play appropriate at the one and in is 10 Wedge. If you can't get one yard from the simple expedient of having your quarterback fall across his center's butt (yes, I'm exaggerating, because most QBs look for the hole before the snap and before they go), you don't deserve to win. About the only caveat to that would be to resurrect the Notre Dame Box, because BY FORMATION that puts extra blockers in the gaps. But I'd still prefer to go with sneak at the one. The options are a bit more open at the three; there, I'd prefer I Formation triple option out of a 3-TE wing set, perhaps with the wing back in back-and-forth motion. This throwing it into a compact box (the end zone) as close as inside the one is for the birds....
Packer fans were calling Lafleur an idiot for kicking a FG against Tampa last year in the NFC Championship, instead of letting Rodgers go for it on 4th down. Guess he can't please everyone. FG only would have put them up by 6, so he did the best he could we inexperienced receivers getting confused and causing a delay penalty.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:14 am
Nice game by A-Ron.
Mr Rodgerz to you. :)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:57 pm
SuperHornet wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:01 am I was concerned with Buck's gross over-statement on LaFleur's coaching performance in this game, labeling it "masterful." It was anything but. It was LaFleur's goal line play-calling that should have cost Green Bay the game, and WOULD have were it not for Green's short "nap." Rodgers did everything humanly possible given the handicap of a horribly inappropriate formation and play call that close to the goal line, but he didn't get much help from either LaFleur or the OL, which had otherwise done wonders blocking for the backs in the middle of the field. I "get" this modern idea of spreading out the field in order to open up the middle for a draw, but that generally doesn't work at the goal line very much. In most cases, if you bring the ball into the backfield, either from under center or in the Gun, you're bound to get stuffed. The only play appropriate at the one and in is 10 Wedge. If you can't get one yard from the simple expedient of having your quarterback fall across his center's butt (yes, I'm exaggerating, because most QBs look for the hole before the snap and before they go), you don't deserve to win. About the only caveat to that would be to resurrect the Notre Dame Box, because BY FORMATION that puts extra blockers in the gaps. But I'd still prefer to go with sneak at the one. The options are a bit more open at the three; there, I'd prefer I Formation triple option out of a 3-TE wing set, perhaps with the wing back in back-and-forth motion. This throwing it into a compact box (the end zone) as close as inside the one is for the birds....
Packer fans were calling Lafleur an idiot for kicking a FG against Tampa last year in the NFC Championship, instead of letting Rodgers go for it on 4th down. Guess he can't please everyone. FG only would have put them up by 6, so he did the best he could we inexperienced receivers getting confused and causing a delay penalty.
I had no problem with him going for it on 4th down and IMO rolling A-Ron out was a good call. I didn't like the pass he tried to force into tight coverage but the play call was solid.

dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:56 am
SuperHornet wrote:A pic of Rodgers after drawing a roughing the passer call on a TD pass has pretty much broken the Internet. Before I saw what they were talking about, I thought it was his request for a horse-collar call on a previous sack. (He was right about THAT one, too, but the zebras blew it.)

How? He grabbed him near the waist, nowhere near high enough for a horse collar.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Yes that was a horrible call against the Cards on defense that was not a horse collar!!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

SuperHornet wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:01 pm Well, not exactly, but the news is coming during preps for the 2021 Season.

The NFL is reversing an old rule banning alternate helmets starting in 2022. Because of this, we could see Tom Brady in the Doug Williams creamsicle Buccaneers helmet, Russell Wilson in the Jim Zorn Seahawks helmet, and Mac Jones in the Steve Grogan Patriots helmet.

No official word on what took the NFL so long. The original rationale was "player safety," but if the alternate helmet were made to the same standards as the primary helmet, then a safety issue doesn't really make sense. No word on why they're making us wait until next year, either. Perhaps just more Roger Goodell stupidity....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tom-brady- ... 57958.html
I personally like the old school uniforms as opposed to the current editions.