Massey - Bearkats by 5
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: QF - #8 Montana St. @ #1 Sam Houston

Post by SeattleGriz »

All the Bobcat fans need to quit filling this thread up with junk posts.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

Am I crazy or do the Cats cover
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

DuckDuckGriz wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:09 pm Am I crazy or do the Cats cover
The Kitties will NOT cover....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

A lot of people seem to be thinking upset here or that Sam Houston is weak, but I don't really see it. The Bearkats have basically the same team that won the title in the Spring, they have a coach that's won 20-something postseason games, and they're 17-0 at home all-time in the playoffs. SHSU should also have some real film on Tommy Mellott, an advantage UTM likely didn't have. The Bobcats are gonna have to find some way to throw the ball effectively or they're toast. Their defense is good, but they can't win this game by themselves. I think the Bearkats will have an easier time here than they did against Incarnate Word.

I'm taking Sam Houston 27-10
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:24 am A lot of people seem to be thinking upset here or that Sam Houston is weak, but I don't really see it. The Bearkats have basically the same team that won the title in the Spring, they have a coach that's won 20-something postseason games, and they're 17-0 at home all-time in the playoffs. SHSU should also have some real film on Tommy Mellott, an advantage UTM likely didn't have. The Bobcats are gonna have to find some way to throw the ball effectively or they're toast. Their defense is good, but they can't win this game by themselves. I think the Bearkats will have an easier time here than they did against Incarnate Word.

Its a shame that McKay the QB for Montana St put himself into the transfer portal he could have used the playoffs as a NFL AUDITION.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:24 am A lot of people seem to be thinking upset here or that Sam Houston is weak, but I don't really see it. The Bearkats have basically the same team that won the title in the Spring, they have a coach that's won 20-something postseason games, and they're 17-0 at home all-time in the playoffs. SHSU should also have some real film on Tommy Mellott, an advantage UTM likely didn't have. The Bobcats are gonna have to find some way to throw the ball effectively or they're toast. Their defense is good, but they can't win this game by themselves. I think the Bearkats will have an easier time here than they did against Incarnate Word.

Mellott is just barely over 6'0 so he will have problems seeing over opposing defensive linemen trying to find McCutcheon.Somebody said Casey Bouman is hurt too bad he has obvious NFL SIZE at 6'6 230 he can see over opposing players as its the case with Rovig at 6'5 and McKay 6'4.
Last edited by dal4018 on Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dal4018 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:28 am

Its a shame that McKay the QB for Montana St put himself into the transfer portal he could have used the playoffs as a NFL AUDITION.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Spoken like someone who has zero clue as to what actually happened.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:39 am
dal4018 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:28 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Spoken like someone who has zero clue as to what actually happened.
He cried over the lack of playing time he should have fought for this right to play he was playing horribly.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SHSU losing their OC is giving me nausea. I'm certain they won't win the Natty, but now they have a distraction, and they could lose earlier than I thought. Perhaps even here. This game is now a coin flip for me....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Grizzlies1982
Level1
Level1

Post by Grizzlies1982 »

Mvenj, summed it up fairly well. Bobcats have a good defense (in particular run defense) which could cause Sam Houston more trouble than expected. MSU also has a very good running back (Ifanse) and now a running QB. Though if the QB can't effectively throw the ball the bobcats are toast. At the moment I am of the opinion he (Tommy Merlot, aka the "French Lad") won't be able to do much passing. If it transpires that way, a relatively close game in the first half becomes a SHSU blowout by the end.

In full disclosure I'd love the bobcats to win. Hope they do. They have a shot if they have a balanced attack. Just does not look likely.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Grizzlies1982 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:14 pm Mvenj, summed it up fairly well. Bobcats have a good defense (in particular run defense) which could cause Sam Houston more trouble than expected. MSU also has a very good running back (Ifanse) and now a running QB. Though if the QB can't effectively throw the ball the bobcats are toast. At the moment I am of the opinion he (Tommy Merlot, aka the "French Lad") won't be able to do much passing. If it transpires that way, a relatively close game in the first half becomes a SHSU blowout by the end.

In full disclosure I'd love the bobcats to win. Hope they do. They have a shot if they have a balanced attack. Just does not look likely.
How is the defense for Sam Houston if I'm their DC I would go straight at Merlot due to this lack of height he is 6'0 and cut off his passing lanes.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

dal4018 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:32 am

Mellott is just barely over 6'0 so he will have problems seeing over opposing defensive linemen trying to find McCutcheon.Somebody said Casey Bouman is hurt too bad he has obvious NFL SIZE at 6'6 230 he can see over opposing players as its the case with Rovig at 6'5 and McKay 6'4.
I don't buy the height argument, and I never have. My Cowboys' own first-ever quarterback, Eddie LeBaron, is a perfect example. (And it doesn't hurt that he led the COP Tigers to a win over undefeated Cal in the Money Game and the first undefeated season in school history. He was 5'7" 168 lb QB who did VERY well at both the college and professional levels. Of course, ME being a former 5'7" QB (in my case, I had nowhere near the skill of LeBaron, and if you ever saw me, you'd agree with that), I'm fairly biased for "short" QBs. It's not the QB's job to see over the line. Rather, it's the line's job to create passing lanes. Additionally, if the "short" QB is at all mobile, his lack of height is actually an asset because the defense can't see him (and all his movement and fakes behind the line). You get a guy as tall as Dan McGwire, and the defense can see EVERYTHING he's doing....

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Cats looking good on the field, helmets not so good looking.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Did Sam Houston replace their roster with Dixie State's? :?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

28-0 Bobcats, and counting.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Schmid with a 1-yard TD run. 2PC ( :suspicious: ) no good.

28-6 Bobcats, late-2Q
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

28-6 Bobcats at the half
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Adeyi with a 61-yard TD on a screen. 2PC again no good.

28-12 Bobcats, early-3Q
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Up the middle was one of the reasons Bison fans got so frustrated with Vigens play calling.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

McCutcheon with a 68-yard TD catch

35-12 Bobcats, mid-3Q
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Still 35-12, end-3Q
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Schmid has just been terrible tonight.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Getting close to calling this game for the Bobbies.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Adeyi with another 61-yard TD catch on a bizarre trick play.

35-19 Bobcats, 7:33 4Q