Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2022 SCOTUS rulings

Post by JohnStOnge »

Baldy wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:44 am
kalm wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:02 pm

:nod:

It certainly won’t hurt Democratic enthusiasm. It will move done moderates left and the far left to the right.
Not really.

According to Gallup, it's basically a toss-up between pro life and pro choice generally. However, only about 30% believe abortion should be legal under any circumstance. This decision will paint the Donks into a corner to the point that they will have to define when life begins and how to frame any law regarding abortion. I see lots of teeth gnashing and tap dancing ahead. :lol:
Yes i had looked at the Gallup polling on pro-life vs. pro-choice at https://news.gallup.com/poll/244709/pro ... ables.aspx before i posted. it's an interesting thing to look at. The overall numbers are close for the four years but the "pro-choice" side is a little higher for 3 of the 4 years and the other year is a tie.

Google "polls should roe vs. wade be overturned?" It's clear that a more people say "no than yes." I'm looking at some hits that say stuff like "Poll: Half of voters support maintaining Roe v. Wade." But they're citing a poll where 50% said they oppose that while only 28% say they are for it.

The left is not the side that has painted itself into a corner on this one. Will it translate into changing the situation with respect to what's expected for the 2022 mid-terms? If I had to bet I'd bet that if it has any effect it won't be enough to keep the Democrats from losing control. But I would also bet that, if Republicans strategists were completely honest, they would say they'd rather this would not happen right now. This is a dog chasing car thing. Now it looks like the dog has caught the car.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

kalm wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:39 pm Image
Yet another example of where the Left's narrative is filled with lies. They would have you believe that part of their posited "War on Women" being foisted on us by the Right (which doesn't exist except in the minds of the Left) is that the ONLY people out there who believe that abortion is murder are men. Nothing could be further from the truth. Even Norma McCorvey, the "Jane Roe" behind the Roe v. Wade decision, is now against abortion.

And as far as that goes, who the heck is Gavin Newsom to presume to speak for ALL women?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:15 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:33 pm

:popcorn:

BTW this leak was to meant to encourage violence. The Left knows this, hence why it was leaked. :coffee:
:crybaby:

what happened to watering the tree of liberty wit the blood of tyrants... :rofl:

(Do you think they'll storm the SCOTUS and shit on the floor? :shock: )
Don't know, but the Leftists have trespassed on Fed property before so wouldn't put it past them to do it again.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 6:13 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:36 am

If I have learned one thing over the past couple years is that Leftists will straight up lie to promote their narrative. I see it elsewhere, but Leftist rage is a different level on mentally instability.
wibewuls are such meanies :crybaby:

I think they're more likely to do something symbolic like pour red paint down the steps and litter the site with coat hangers. Check with SD to see how the brand new liberals feel.....reek 2 calling reek 3 do you read, over....
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:18 pm
Baldy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:07 pm
Speaking of mentally unstable... :lol:

Has anyone outside of JSO or a Klan meeting (assuming they still have those) mentioned or brought up interracial marriage as something to ban? Is that even a thing?

And on a completely irreverent note, when people have an interracial marriage, are they both now guilty of cultural appropriation? Talk about intersectionality. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:17 am Now that men can have babies the SC may overturn Roe? That's some bullshit! Why does the SC hate men?

:roll:
:nod: Funny now how all of a sudden people can define what a woman is. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Winterborn wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:22 am
It certainly won’t hurt Democratic enthusiasm. It will move done moderates left and the far left to the right.
I actually think it will hurt the Democrats (their base enthusiasm will go up, but only among the hard core) as they are going to take a even further left stance (see some blue governors, Senators, and Representatives recent public comments on the matter) than the middle sees how it should be and are going to be seen by the independents as just as extreme as some of the Republicans who want to impose a national ban.
I agree with this. The Leftists are framing this is an all or nothing, however polling has indicated that the majority of Americans don't agree with abortion after the first trimester.

Also US is one of 7 countries world wide that allows abortion after the 1st trimester. Maybe it's time we "trust the science" on this issue. :coffee:

Also as the Leftist go smash up more businesses and burn cars over this issue, I don't think that will help their stance with moderates.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:44 am

:nod:

Not really.

According to Gallup, it's basically a toss-up between pro life and pro choice generally. However, only about 30% believe abortion should be legal under any circumstance. This decision will paint the Donks into a corner to the point that they will have to define when life begins and how to frame any law regarding abortion. I see lots of teeth gnashing and tap dancing ahead. :lol:
:nod: :popcorn:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SD on mop up duty.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Needed some Seattle hotness to get this thread back on track.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

The treatment for an ectopic pregnancy is abortion.

The treatment for a septic uterus is abortion.

The treatment for a miscarriage that your body won’t release is abortion.

If you can’t get those abortions, you die.

You. Die.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:13 pm
Yet another example of where the Left's narrative is filled with lies. They would have you believe that part of their posited "War on Women" being foisted on us by the Right (which doesn't exist except in the minds of the Left) is that the ONLY people out there who believe that abortion is murder are men. Nothing could be further from the truth. Even Norma McCorvey, the "Jane Roe" behind the Roe v. Wade decision, is now against abortion.

And as far as that goes, who the heck is Gavin Newsom to presume to speak for ALL women?
Men can’t get pregnant. The majority of politicians and justices approving this are men.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 6:47 am

Men can’t get pregnant. The majority of politicians and justices approving this are men.
Not according to the left and Apple. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:10 am

Birthing people......
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:10 am

Shall we get into what the right and right oriented media believes?

Or just be adults and accept clear reality?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

A line that keeps popping up that I see a lot from my friends from the collegiate ranks or other progressive slants is that "Anti-abortion has its roots in White Supremacy". I gotta say, the irony in that is rich. Considering that legalized abortion itself, and the predecessors to Planned Parenthood, had their roots in the eugenics movements of the early 20th century with the specific goal of suppressing or even reducing the minority population (i.e. less Black babies), that's quite the leap to make.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

You clearly aren’t up to date on your fellow leftists’ jargon.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:08 am

Correct…I’m not. I’m glad you are though. :thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:19 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:08 am
Only enough to point out what is wong.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:26 am
kalm wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:19 am

Only enough to point out what is wong.
Lol
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I try to focus on what is light.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Yikes…
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:36 am

Yikes…
Hard to say how they'll be able to verify any of that. You'll never be able to know if an egg had been fertilized or not. Lots of eggs get fertilized but then don't implant in the uterus. It's no sure thing that a fertilized egg gets to the next step even naturally. No doubt a fertilized egg is certainly the start of a life, but that's the issue we have right now - science tells us life begins at conception, but we don't have anyway to move that out of a woman's body and allow the life to continue, before a certain point. Until we can create artificial wombs we'll have this issue. And once we have artificial wombs we'll have a new problem of too many orphans.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:48 am
kalm wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:36 am

Yikes…
Hard to say how they'll be able to verify any of that. You'll never be able to know if an egg had been fertilized or not. Lots of eggs get fertilized but then don't implant in the uterus. It's no sure thing that a fertilized egg gets to the next step even naturally. No doubt a fertilized egg is certainly the start of a life, but that's the issue we have right now - science tells us life begins at conception, but we don't have anyway to move that out of a woman's body and allow the life to continue, before a certain point. Until we can create artificial wombs we'll have this issue. And once we have artificial wombs we'll have a new problem of too many orphans.
Ejaculation clearly needs to be regulated…

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Sorry. Doesn't work that way. When a life is on the line, the experts get to decide.