Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:55 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:50 pm

I can't prove it but I think you'd have to be a complete and utter buffoon to really believe that humankind hasn't had a measurable impact on the planet's climate starting with the second industrial revolution.
Nobody knows. The science is that immature. In regards to actually doing something, rather than virtue signaling, I've got a pretty light carbon footprint, regardless of your baseless ad hominem.

It was all those cars back in the day that caused the ice age too, right. That's how big a swing natural cycles can be.
I think he was suggesting that you'd have be an idiot if you really believed what you type.

:)
Last edited by kalm on Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:58 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:55 pm

Nobody knows. The science is that immature. In regards to actually doing something, rather than virtue signaling, I've got a pretty light carbon footprint, regardless of your baseless ad hominem.

It was all those cars back in the day that caused the ice age too, right. That's how big a swing natural cycles can be.
I think he was suggesting that you you be an idiot if you really believed what you type.

Show me the proof? You can't. All you've got are flawed models and assumptions the authors refuse to open up to scrutiny and more importantly, debate.

I will say one thing, it sure does pay for grad student research and faculty bonuses to be sucking up climate change research funding. Drives psuedoscience.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:04 pm

I think he was suggesting that you you be an idiot if you really believed what you type.

Show me the proof? You can't. All you've got are flawed models and assumptions the authors refuse to open up to scrutiny and more importantly, debate.

I will say one thing, it sure does pay for grad student research and faculty bonuses to be sucking up climate change research funding. Drives psuedoscience.
What strain are you smoking?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:19 pm

Let's see it chief! You must have reams of research that has stood up to scrutiny and debate. This isn't COVID you know, where people claimed they were right and shut down opposing opinions only to show they were full of shit.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:23 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:19 pm

Let's see it chief! You must have reams of research that has stood up to scrutiny and debate. This isn't COVID you know, where people claimed they were right and shut down opposing opinions only to show they were full of shit.
:rofl:

...you do have your peevish on these days
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:50 pm I can't prove it but I think you'd have to be a complete and utter buffoon to really believe that humankind hasn't had a measurable impact on the planet's climate starting with the second industrial revolution.

Anyone with a lick of sense would realize that all of the stuff we’ve put in the air and sea plus all the changes we’ve made to the land will have had a measurable impact on our climate.

It’s like knowing not to piss on an electric fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

It’s literally everywhere. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Yep. All the left has is blah blah blah no proof.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Re: The Official

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:01 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

Anyone with a lick of sense would realize that all of the stuff we’ve put in the air and sea plus all the changes we’ve made to the land will have had a measurable impact on our climate.

No they wouldn’t.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:55 am

No they wouldn’t.
Case in point. ;)

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Garth Brooks is woke!

Matt Gaetz & John Rich React to Garth Brooks’ Decision to Sell Bud Light at His Bar
“I know this sounds corny,” the country superstar said of his upcoming Friends In Low Places Bar & Honky Tonk in Nashville. “I want it to be the Chick-fil-A of honky-tonks … I want it to be a place you feel safe in, I want it to be a place where you feel like there are manners and people like one another. And yes, we’re going to serve every brand of beer. We just are. It’s not our decision to make. Our thing is this, if you [are let] into this house, love one another. If you’re an a–hole, there are plenty of other places on lower Broadway.”

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:58 am Garth Brooks is woke!

Matt Gaetz & John Rich React to Garth Brooks’ Decision to Sell Bud Light at His Bar
“I know this sounds corny,” the country superstar said of his upcoming Friends In Low Places Bar & Honky Tonk in Nashville. “I want it to be the Chick-fil-A of honky-tonks … I want it to be a place you feel safe in, I want it to be a place where you feel like there are manners and people like one another. And yes, we’re going to serve every brand of beer. We just are. It’s not our decision to make. Our thing is this, if you [are let] into this house, love one another. If you’re an a–hole, there are plenty of other places on lower Broadway.”
Garth Brooks is woke? Did you hear Bill Clinton was elected in 1992? Welcome to the 1990s.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:10 pm
Garth Brooks is woke? Did you hear Bill Clinton was elected in 1992? Welcome to the 1990s.
Time from post to MAGAt deflection: 12 minutes. :coffee:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:12 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:10 pm
Time from post to MAGAt deflection: 12 minutes. :coffee:
A known for the last 30 years as a lib country (using that term loosely) singer having his bar sell Bud Lite isn’t news.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:21 pm
If real, that is wrong and should be corrected immediately.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SeattleGriz wrote:

But yet you can't quantify it can you?

For the record, I don't doubt we've put numerous amounts of shit into the environment. I said many times my biggest fear is that we've poisoned ourselves and don't realize it.

But with that being said, how come the warming models are so off?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:15 pm

It’s literally everywhere. :lol:
Climate change yes, the climate always changes. Now show me what is causing the issue and it what quantities. Should be super easy shouldn't it?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:43 pm

For the record, I don't doubt we've put numerous amounts of shit into the environment. I said many times my biggest fear is that we've poisoned ourselves and don't realize it.

No I can't quantify it. We're along way from having the technology and knowledge to prove humankind's impact on the environment.

I don't know why the models are so off. Models are never perfect. It could be that the people inputting data are allowing their bias to influence what they input. Who knows? My opinion isn't based on models, it's based on common sense which IMO is sorely lacking on both sides of the debate.

I believe humankind is impacting the environment and that we need to take steps to reduce our impact. We are poisoning our planet. The long-term solution is going to come from innovation not from from ending modern manufacturing and returning to an agrarian society like some seem to desire. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't take common sense steps to reduce our impact while we encourage innovation.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:54 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:43 pm

No I can't quantify it. We're along way from having the technology and knowledge to prove humankind's impact on the environment.

I don't know why the models are so off. Models are never perfect. It could be that the people inputting data are allowing their bias to influence what they input. Who knows? My opinion isn't based on models, it's based on common sense which IMO is sorely lacking on both sides of the debate.

I believe humankind is impacting the environment and that we need to take steps to reduce our impact. We are poisoning our planet. The long-term solution is going to come from innovation not from from ending modern manufacturing and returning to an agrarian society like some seem to desire. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't take common sense steps to reduce our impact while we encourage innovation.
I have a very light carbon footprint, and have for years. I can pretty much guarantee I provide far more action than talk on the subject. I have always been a good steward of the Earth.

For fucks sake, I get bent out of shape when people put compostables in the trash at work. Ain't fucking hard to divvy up your shit into garbage, recyclables and compostables. Even worked two hours at work to help people understand sorting.

It's hilarious when I ask someone who usually yells the loudest about climate change, what we can do to help. Have yet to hear anything thought provoking or innovative. Just virtue signaling.

In regards to you innovation, I've said the way to approach the topic is to start putting out common sense talking points that everyone can do at home, and to support companies that are trying to reduce waste with government dollars. Eventually we'll meet in the middle and then the newer technologies can take it from there.

What I won't put up with are statements that are not based on fact, which are then used to try and limit freedoms.

I know this is directed towards the ill informed nut jobs, and not you, but look what happened with covid. They wanted to deny people medical care, restrict access to public domain, censor and vilify...they even invoked the name of God so you would "do the right thing". If you don't think the environmental nut jobs wouldn't go that far, I've got ocean front property in Montana to sell you.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:45 pm
If real, that is wrong and should be corrected immediately.
Par for the course for the Bidem WH.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Congrats on your anti-trans anti-woke agenda.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

No, the White House pride flag display did not violate flag code
A wider photo of the White House’s pride month festivities from the Associated Press shows that an American flag on a staff remained at the top of the White House, far higher than the pride flag and two American flags seen in the photos posted by the congresspeople.

faux outrage.