Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

I am shocked there won't be any apologies.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:54 am I am shocked there won't be any apologies.

One of many reasons Biden is rotten
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Another Joey Bozo lie proven false and he was vindictive about his false belief. Biden is a clueless hack and he can go fuck himself

“A report the Department of Defense commissioned to study extremism in the United States military found that there is little evidence it's a disproportionate problem among service members, findings that throw cold water on Biden administration officials' claims of significant radicalism within the military.”
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:19 pm Another Joey Bozo lie proven false and he was vindictive about his false belief. Biden is a clueless hack and he can go fuck himself

“A report the Department of Defense commissioned to study extremism in the United States military found that there is little evidence it's a disproportionate problem among service members, findings that throw cold water on Biden administration officials' claims of significant radicalism within the military.”
Link?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:39 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:19 pm Another Joey Bozo lie proven false and he was vindictive about his false belief. Biden is a clueless hack and he can go fuck himself

Link?
In order to skip over MAGAt yahoo echo chamber interpretations, let's go straight to the report:
Report on Countering Extremist Activity Within the Department of Defense
Conclusion
Extremist activity within the Department of Defense is rare, but even the actions of a few can have an outsized impact on unit cohesion, morale and readiness – and the physical harm some of these activities can engender can undermine the safety of the Total Force. The Department will continue to address insider threats and other activities that might undermine unit cohesion, including extremist activity. These efforts will improve the readiness of our Total Force, ensuring that the United States continues to have the finest, most disciplined military in the world.
It's good that it's rare but Vivek was taking liberties (i.e. lying) when he posted that extremism was nonexistent.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:43 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:39 pm

Link?
In order to skip over MAGAt yahoo echo chamber interpretations, let's go straight to the report:
Conclusion
Extremist activity within the Department of Defense is rare, but even the actions of a few can have an outsized impact on unit cohesion, morale and readiness – and the physical harm some of these activities can engender can undermine the safety of the Total Force. The Department will continue to address insider threats and other activities that might undermine unit cohesion, including extremist activity. These efforts will improve the readiness of our Total Force, ensuring that the United States continues to have the finest, most disciplined military in the world.
It's good that it's rare but Vivek was taking liberties (i.e. lying) when he posted that extremism was nonexistent.
Thanks.

I was thinking of Michael Flynn, the AF two survival instructors that were arrested in Spokane for stealing and hiding weapons and ammo, the J6 military retired participants, etc.

I mean some had to exist…
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:37 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:43 pm

Thanks.

I was thinking of Michael Flynn, the AF two survival instructors that were arrested in Spokane for stealing and hiding weapons and ammo, the J6 military retired participants, etc.

I'm still waiting for CH and SG to criticize vivek lying. They're quick to point it out when biden does it but it's crickets when a MAGAt yahoo lies.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:45 pm

Thanks.

I'm still waiting for CH and SG to criticize vivek lying. They're quick to point it out when biden does it but it's crickets when a MAGAt yahoo lies.
:rofl: What a drama queen.

What is rare? How many is that?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

I'm not very familiar with Bill Ackman, but I know he's got a shit ton of money and now a huge chip on his shoulder.

Looks as if he's going to start checking for plagiarism at MIT and various reporters. This ought to be good.

Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Conclusion
Extremist activity within the Department of Defense is rare,

Next
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:50 pm

Rare > nonexistent thus vivek lied.

You're free to explain the standard we should be following that justifies criticizing biden and illiberals for lying but gives trump and other MAGAt yahoos a pass.

I'm still a rank amateur when it comes to drama when compared to the innocent victim of a witch hunt / lawfare. That poor diva.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:52 pm I'm not very familiar with Bill Ackman, but I know he's got a shit ton of money and now a huge chip on his shoulder.

Looks as if he's going to start checking for plagiarism at MIT and various reporters. This ought to be good.

Me thinks someone hasn’t really read up much on the plagiarism charges at Harvard.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:52 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:52 pm I'm not very familiar with Bill Ackman, but I know he's got a shit ton of money and now a huge chip on his shoulder.

Me thinks someone hasn’t really read up much on the plagiarism charges at Harvard.
I'm very familiar that Gay was held to a much lower standard than students and other faculty in regards to her plagiarism.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:22 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:50 pm

You're free to explain the standard we should be following that justifies criticizing biden and illiberals for lying but gives trump and other MAGAt yahoos a pass.

I'm still a rank amateur when it comes to drama when compared to the innocent victim of a witch hunt / lawfare. That poor diva.
So you don't know how many instances they found?

Compared to what the media and Dems like you were saying about how rampant it was, "rare" can pretty much be exchanged with nonexistent, especially as the report wouldn't tell you how many. That's an indicator they really struggled to find instances.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Thanks.

Biden is our National Clown … not sure what Lloyd Austin is all about but these words are for vindictive JoblowZo

“During his confirmation hearing for the role of Joe Biden’s secretary of Defense, Lloyd Austin vowed to root out white supremacy and right-wing radicalism in the ranks, though he provided little detail as to how that would be accomplished. “The job of the Department of Defense is to keep America safe from our enemies,” he said. “But we can’t do that if some of those enemies lie within our own ranks.”
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:07 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:22 pm

So you don't know how many instances they found?

Compared to what the media and Dems like you were saying about how rampant it was, "rare" can pretty much be exchanged with nonexistent, especially as the report wouldn't tell you how many. That's an indicator they really struggled to find instances.
Dems like me ... :rofl:

Rare means there were some, nonexistent means there were absolutely none. You're reaching, they are not exchangeable or interchangeable.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:54 am I am shocked there won't be any apologies.

Vivek "my pillow" Ramasmarmy :roll:

There are lots of Oath Keepers and Proud Boy types in the in the ranks, in about the same proportion that you'll find them in the civilian world.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:04 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:52 pm

I'm very familiar that Gay was held to a much lower standard than students and other faculty in regards to her plagiarism.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:09 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:04 pm

He should tell that to Dr Carol Swain. I'm sure it will make it all better.

On a separate but similar subject, do you think Elizabeth Warren did anything wrong when she said she was Native American to gain employment with Harvard?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:35 am

On a separate but similar subject, do you think Elizabeth Warren did anything wrong when she said she was Native American to gain employment with Harvard?
Is that how she got hired? Wasn’t just listed as a minority on
some faculty list to improve the diversity look?

The whole thing was dumb. DNA testing proved she had a small amount of ancestry but if Warren used it gain employment or boost her standing, then yes it’s wrong.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:21 pm Probably should be put in the Gorillas thread. This guy clearly should have been shackled, why he wasn’t is inexplicable.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lthus.html

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

US military academies focus on oaths and loyalty to Constitution as political divisions intensify
For 75 minutes, Maj. Joe Amoroso quizzed his students in SS202, American Politics, about civilian leadership of the military, the trust between the armed forces and the public, and how the military must not become a partisan tool.

There was one answer, he said, that would always be acceptable in his class filled with second-year students at the U.S. Military Academy. Hesitantly, one cadet offered a response: “The Constitution.”

“Yes,” Amoroso said emphatically.

His message to the students, known as yearlings, was simple: Their loyalty is “not about particular candidates. It’s not a particular person or personality that occupies these positions. It’s about the Constitution.”

The emphasis for the next generation of military officers that their loyalty must be focused on the nation’s democratic underpinnings rather than on any individual is a reflection of how the armed forces are being forced to deal with America's deep political polarization at a time when trust in traditional institutions is eroding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:53 am

Vivek "my pillow" Ramasmarmy :roll:

There are lots of Oath Keepers and Proud Boy types in the in the ranks, in about the same proportion that you'll find them in the civilian world.
So 1/1000th of 1 % …. The point is the idiot vindictive Biden sent his DOD secretary to “root them out” making a fool of himself in the process. Gee, I wonder why nobody wants to join.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:35 am

Good question, why don't you start a thread about it rather than using it to change the subject? :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:47 pm US military academies focus on oaths and loyalty to Constitution as political divisions intensify
For 75 minutes, Maj. Joe Amoroso quizzed his students in SS202, American Politics, about civilian leadership of the military, the trust between the armed forces and the public, and how the military must not become a partisan tool.

There was one answer, he said, that would always be acceptable in his class filled with second-year students at the U.S. Military Academy. Hesitantly, one cadet offered a response: “The Constitution.”

“Yes,” Amoroso said emphatically.

His message to the students, known as yearlings, was simple: Their loyalty is “not about particular candidates. It’s not a particular person or personality that occupies these positions. It’s about the Constitution.”

The emphasis for the next generation of military officers that their loyalty must be focused on the nation’s democratic underpinnings rather than on any individual is a reflection of how the armed forces are being forced to deal with America's deep political polarization at a time when trust in traditional institutions is eroding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we come out of the trump years with our republic intact we're going to look back and see that an educated officer corps was a key reason that we made it and that West Point and Annapolis were maybe the best use of taxpayer money ever.