Biden’s Scorecard

Political discussions
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by Caribbean Hen »

As a founding member of The Beatles and an accomplished solo artist, Paul McCartney arguably stands as one of the most influential figures in popular music. His incredible talent, both as a singer and songwriter, has earned him critical and commercial success across several decades. From his numerous timeless hits to his undeniable impact on the development of pop and rock music, it's fair to say that Paul McCartney is synonymous with the term "legend."

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-pop-mu ... nker-music
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

You made the hyperbolic statement that ...
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:41 amPaul ditched Lennon and threw his old lady on keyboards and backing vocals and dominated the Seventies with Wings
And I called you on it by responding with ...
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:12 am :rofl:

Top 100 Artists Of The 70s
Then you followed up with a bunch of irrelevant posts that weren't limited to the Wings or the 70's.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:52 pm You made the hyperbolic statement that ...
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:41 amPaul ditched Lennon and threw his old lady on keyboards and backing vocals and dominated the Seventies with Wings

Then you followed up with a bunch of irrelevant posts that weren't limited to the Wings or the 70's.
Wings was “ mid “ as todays kids say.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:11 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:52 pm You made the hyperbolic statement that ...

Wings were “midling“ as today's kids say.
I didn't realize kids used that word but they're on point. :coffee:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:38 pm

Wings were “midling“ as today's kids say.
Our kids are close in age. Liar!

:)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:15 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:13 am

The irony here is that BDKKKaren is mocking biden for copying trump's idea when it was trump that copied an idea that in the recent past has been mostly supported by Democrats.

IS THE GOP STILL THE PARTY OF FREE TRADE?

Just another example of trump and the MAQA yahoos being the real RINOs. :coffee:
Heck, kalmie is loving this trade war/tariff stuff. Like I said, it was like Trump was lurking on these boards and stole kalmie's ideas!

On a related note, my wife was buying paint today as we're repainting the inside of the house. Said she was shocked the price of a gallon of paint was $70. Granted, she was probably buying a better quality paint and at a local, independent store. But that was crazy versus what it was 10 years ago - same paint and same store. She's certainly voting for Biden in November, no doubt about that, but even she blamed Biden for the inflation that led to paint costing so much more. Worst economic President in our lifetimes. :ohno:

If only Biden hadn't invented inflation and the White House didn't control our economy. :sleep:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Wings was “ mid “ as todays kids say.
Lol no
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:27 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:15 pm

Heck, kalmie is loving this trade war/tariff stuff. Like I said, it was like Trump was lurking on these boards and stole kalmie's ideas!

On a related note, my wife was buying paint today as we're repainting the inside of the house. Said she was shocked the price of a gallon of paint was $70. Granted, she was probably buying a better quality paint and at a local, independent store. But that was crazy versus what it was 10 years ago - same paint and same store. She's certainly voting for Biden in November, no doubt about that, but even she blamed Biden for the inflation that led to paint costing so much more. Worst economic President in our lifetimes. :ohno:

If only Biden hadn't invented inflation and the White House didn't control our economy. :sleep:
Word is when he heard inflation was sky high he wanted to take credit for it, but somebody had to remind him

Hey Joe bozo …. inflation ain’t good.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

“Timeless Melodies Of Paul McCartney & Wings
The songs of Paul McCartney & Wings are a testament to the enduring genius of one of rock ‘n’ roll’s most legendary figures. Their songs are more than just melodies; they are the embodiment of a musical journey that has spanned decades.”

“Wings had twelve top-10 singles (including one number one) in the UK and fourteen top 10 singles (including six number ones) in the US. All 23 singles released by Wings reached the US top 40”

If you weren’t born or weren’t paying attention or just saying, oh yeah, that’s Paul of the Beatles …..then Wings wasn’t dominating the Seventies …. Ha

That’s a lot of hits for a band in the 70s
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:41 am
houndawg wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:22 am

Gospel singer from New Orleans who sang the background vocal on Gimmee Shelter and turned a good song into one of rock's high-water marks
I like the song

Paul ditched Lennon and threw his old lady on keyboards and backing vocals and dominated the Seventies with Wings
One out of three; for you, not bad.

Wings doesn't sniff the Top 10 for the 70s rock. I know this first hand. :coffee:

Little Feat, Mothers of Invention, The Band, Ten Years After, The Who, Talking Heads, Jethro Tull, Spirit, Crazy Horse, Manassas.......

....CH....please..... :ohno:

Pink Floyd, Buffalo Springfield, Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Santana, Moby Grape, Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Doors, Tower of Power, War, Queen......

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:42 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:38 pm

Our kids are close in age. Liar!

:)
My kids are middle-age :grizo1:

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:22 am

I like the song

Paul ditched Lennon and threw his old lady on keyboards and backing vocals and dominated the Seventies with Wings

Wings doesn't sniff the Top 10 for the 70s rock. I know this first hand. :coffee:

Little Feat, Mothers of Invention, The Band, Ten Years After, The Who, Talking Heads, Jethro Tull, Spirit, Crazy Horse, Manassas.......

Pink Floyd, Buffalo Springfield, Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Santana, Moby Grape, Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Doors, Tower of Power, War, Queen......
Mostly Sixties bands

Just admit it, Lennon was replaced by Linda and Paul didn’t miss a beat
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:46 am “Timeless Melodies Of Paul McCartney & Wings
The songs of Paul McCartney & Wings are a testament to the enduring genius of one of rock ‘n’ roll’s most legendary figures. Their songs are more than just melodies; they are the embodiment of a musical journey that has spanned decades.”

“Wings had twelve top-10 singles (including one number one) in the UK and fourteen top 10 singles (including six number ones) in the US. All 23 singles released by Wings reached the US top 40”

If you weren’t born or weren’t paying attention or just saying, oh yeah, that’s Paul of the Beatles …..then Wings wasn’t dominating the Seventies …. Ha

That’s a lot of hits for a band in the 70s

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Fleetwood Mac
Queen
Supertramp
AC\DC
Allman Brothers
The Kinks
ELO
Bowie
The Clash
The Ramones

All equally as good if not better than Wings. You can list chart toppers all you want as the only definition of what’s great. I grew up in the 80’s. Michael Jackson was a world wide superstar. He was awful IMO. That drove me to college radio and classic rock.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

I saw that bogus list you posted and I’m still laughing

Here are the facts: only The Bee Gees and Elton John had more #1 hits

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _by_decade

By artist

The following artists achieved four or more number-one hits during the 1970s.
Artist Number-one hits
Bee Gees 9
Elton John 6
Stevie Wonder 5
Paul McCartney and Wings 5
Eagles 5
The Jackson 5 4
Diana Ross 4
John Denver 4
KC and the Sunshine Band 4
Barbra Streisand 4
Donna Summer 4

Artists by total number of weeks at number-one

The following artists were featured in top of the chart for the highest total number of weeks during the 1970s.
Artist Weeks at number one
Bee Gees 27
Rod Stewart 17
Elton John 15
Paul McCartney and Wings 13
Andy Gibb 13
Donna Summer 13
Roberta Flack 12
The Jackson 5 10
Tony Orlando and Dawn 10
Barbra Streisand 10
Debby Boone 10
Three Dog Night 9
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:39 am

By artist

Artist Number-one hits
Bee Gees 9
Elton John 6
Stevie Wonder 5
Eagles 5
The Jackson 5 4
Diana Ross 4
John Denver 4
Barbra Streisand 4
Donna Summer 4

The following artists were featured in top of the chart for the highest total number of weeks during the 1970s.
Bee Gees 27
Rod Stewart 17
Elton John 15
Andy Gibb 13
Donna Summer 13
Roberta Flack 12
The Jackson 5 10
Tony Orlando and Dawn 10
Barbra Streisand 10
Debby Boone 10
Three Dog Night 9
Paul McCartney is a Biden fan.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I like the song

I’m gonna create a playlist from this. Some of it I’ve never listened to. Uncle Houndy delivers! :clap:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:56 am

I’m gonna create a playlist from this. Some of it I’ve never listened to. Uncle Houndy delivers! :clap:
Moby Grape - Omaha was years ahead of its time and their bass player could sing better and play better than Paul, and thats not to slam Paul, Bob Moseley was that good

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:59 am

Moby Grape - Omaha was years ahead of its time and their bass player could sing better and play better than Paul, and thats not to slam Paul, Bob Moseley was that good
:thumb:
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/ ... -in-music/

Best Bass players of all time

2: Paul McCartney
Paul McCartney made a trademark out of the supple, lyrical bassline more than any rock player before or since, and that’s on “Paperback Writer” alone. As one of the best bass players in history, he played both lead and rhythm, and did it all ridiculously well – a trademark of everything The Beatles did.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:11 am

100 Greatest Singers of All Time

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... e-4-35089/

Paul McCartney
Born
June 18th, 1942

Key Tracks
"Yesterday," "Hey Jude," "Maybe I'm Amazed"

Influenced
Elton John, Rod Stewart, Elvis Costello

"Paul is like an impressionist painter," says James Taylor, who had the privilege of watching the Beatles record the White Album in 1968. "The pieces of his music are so elementary, yet the overall thing is so sophisticated. He's such a precise and controlled singer." On songs from the Beatles' frenzied "I'm Down" to his own "Maybe I'm Amazed," McCartney revealed himself as one of rock's most agile and melodic screamers. But McCartney, who learned vocal harmonies from his musician father, is at least as gifted as a balladeer, drawing on British music-hall sounds from his childhood as much as Elvis Presley and the Everly Brothers for songs such as "Yesterday" and "Michelle." "People chose Lennon or McCartney," says Taylor. "I was definitely on the McCartney side. He makes a beautiful sound."
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:12 am

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/ ... -in-music/

Best Bass players of all time

2: Paul McCartney
Paul McCartney made a trademark out of the supple, lyrical bassline more than any rock player before or since, and that’s on “Paperback Writer” alone. As one of the best bass players in history, he played both lead and rhythm, and did it all ridiculously well – a trademark of everything The Beatles did.
John Entwhistle was lead guitar for the Who and he could play rings around McCartney ..... :coffee:

McCartney is a great musician especially at songwriting and deserves his spot on Mt Rushmore

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Paul does live music better than all of those guys so maybe I’ll slip one of these into your play list …

Check out “maybe I’m amazed” from his 1976 wings over America tour…..

Or “ I’m Down” where Paul shows off his rock ‘n’ inspired roots with a live stunning performance .. this was about the time Lennon handed the Beatles over to Paul

https://www.popmatters.com/182645-paul- ... 51377.html
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:24 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:11 am

Paul McCartney
Born
June 18th, 1942

Key Tracks

Influenced

"Paul is like an impressionist painter," says James Taylor, who had the privilege of watching the Beatles record the White Album in 1968. "The pieces of his music are so elementary, yet the overall thing is so sophisticated. He's such a precise and controlled singer." On songs from the Beatles' frenzied "I'm Down" to his own "Maybe I'm Amazed," McCartney revealed himself as one of rock's most agile and melodic screamers. But McCartney, who learned vocal harmonies from his musician father, is at least as gifted as a balladeer, drawing on British music-hall sounds from his childhood as much as Elvis Presley and the Everly Brothers for songs such as "Yesterday" and "Michelle." "People chose Lennon or McCartney," says Taylor. "I was definitely on the McCartney side. He makes a beautiful sound."
Post the top 10.

Off the top of my head:

Grace Slick
Anne Wilson
Eddie Vedder
Simon LeBon
Linda Ronstadt
Iris Dement
Bonnie Raitt
Layne Staley
Mark Lanegan
Dan Smith
Debbie Harry
James Mercer
Alison Moyet
Daryl Hall
Elliot Smith
Robert Plant
John Lennon
Brandon Flowers
Neko Case
Kurt Cobain
Jeff Lynne
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:06 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:24 am

Paul McCartney
Born
June 18th, 1942

Key Tracks

Influenced

Post the top 10.

Off the top of my head:

Grace Slick
Anne Wilson
Eddie Vedder
Simon LeBon
Linda Ronstadt
Iris Dement
Bonnie Raitt
Layne Staley
Mark Lanegan
Dan Smith
Debbie Harry
James Mercer
Alison Moyet
Daryl Hall
Elliot Smith
Robert Plant
John Lennon
Brandon Flowers
Neko Case
Kurt Cobain
Jeff Lynne
Paul’s greatness his his unmatched versatility and all those you mention lap Paul’s balls at any opportunity

A crooner that kicked off Heavy Metal … Helter Skelter
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:39 am

By artist

Artist Number-one hits
Bee Gees 9
Elton John 6
Stevie Wonder 5
Eagles 5
The Jackson 5 4
Diana Ross 4
John Denver 4
Barbra Streisand 4
Donna Summer 4

Bee Gees 27
Rod Stewart 17
Elton John 15
Andy Gibb 13
Donna Summer 13
Roberta Flack 12
The Jackson 5 10
Tony Orlando and Dawn 10
Barbra Streisand 10
Debby Boone 10
Three Dog Night 9
A 3-way tie for third most #1's is dominating? :suspicious: