Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Trump vs. Biden Part 2

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:51 am Word is “Operation 6 Million Dollar Man” is still in progress, as a team of Chinese AI surgeons have been painstakingly working around the clock to put broken Biden back together again….. we can rebuild him they said

Trump should throw this programmed cornball lying Commy a haymaker right off the bat and ask Joey Vergüenza Biden if he would like to apologize to the American people for lying to them about his Crackpipe son Hunters laptop… or simply, just ask the president what day it is…

Jake the snake Trapper modifying this debate is the same as Tucker Carlson modifying one, but those are the rules of the fourth estate….

Let’s not forget Dana Bash was married to one of the 51 Intel liars that helped rig the 2020 election resulting in the disaster that we see today…. Both of these modifiers have severe TDS…. Just look into their hysterical eyes.

The 81 million elitist assholes pat themselves on the back for putting the United States on a downward spiral…. Mission accomplished
The luckiest thing that ever happened in your life was to be born inro a world where stupidity is not physically painful. :nod:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:08 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:51 am Word is “Operation 6 Million Dollar Man” is still in progress, as a team of Chinese AI surgeons have been painstakingly working around the clock to put broken Biden back together again….. we can rebuild him they said

Trump should throw this programmed cornball lying Commy a haymaker right off the bat and ask Joey Vergüenza Biden if he would like to apologize to the American people for lying to them about his Crackpipe son Hunters laptop… or simply, just ask the president what day it is…

Jake the snake Trapper modifying this debate is the same as Tucker Carlson modifying one, but those are the rules of the fourth estate….

Let’s not forget Dana Bash was married to one of the 51 Intel liars that helped rig the 2020 election resulting in the disaster that we see today…. Both of these modifiers have severe TDS…. Just look into their hysterical eyes.

The 81 million elitist assholes pat themselves on the back for putting the United States on a downward spiral…. Mission accomplished
The luckiest thing that ever happened in your life was to be born inro a world where stupidity is not physically painful. :nod:
Great line!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:57 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:08 am

Great line!

Noooo dumb line

only a few months ago it was You bozos that were saying Trump was the senile one…. Hilarious 😂

My post was right on the money
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:45 am

Great line!

Noooo dumb line

only a few months ago it was You bozos that were saying Trump was the senile one…. Hilarious 😂

so was mine :coffee:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Great line!

Noooo dumb line

They’re both in decline.

Joe and/or Jill and/or his inside circle are too full of ego to do what’s right and step down. Joe is a lifelong politician with all of the dishonesty that goes with it.

Trump was never smart to begin with, suffers from narcissistic personality disorder /sociopathy, and is also in mental decline.

Trump is still able to perform decently when kept in check by debate rules.

The difference between you and us is we are able to see the flaws of both candidates. We are not members of a cult.

:thumb:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:42 am

Noooo dumb line

They’re both in decline.

Joe and/or Jill and/or his inside circle are too full of ego to do what’s right and step down. Joe is a lifelong politician with all of the dishonesty that goes with it.

Trump was never smart to begin with, suffers from narcissistic personality disorder /sociopathy, and is also in mental decline.

The difference between you and us is we are able to see the flaws of both candidates. We are not members of a cult.

:rofl: Says the guy who bought Russia collusion, Nazis are very fine people and that Trump said to inject bleach. :rofl:

Can't make this stuff up.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Noooo dumb line

They’re both in decline.

Joe's decline was highlighted by the fact that he let Trump bump him off his script and try to respond to the torrent of bullshit on the spot. He's been on the scene for over 50 years and he lets that weak shit throw him off his game in the most important debate of his career? He didn't think Trump would open his mouth and let loose the same verbal feces he always does when he's conning the rubes? :ohno:

The most amazing thing about the whole event is that while Biden was clearly the loser, Trump didn't win - for the simple fact that he didn't answer a single question he was asked and that didn't go unnoticed although it was overshadowed by Bidens weak performance. It should have been a stake in the heart but instead Dark Brandon will live to fight another day. And this is how he'll do it: (America I hope you're listening)... the only punch Biden landed was a good one although it was quickly swept away in the drama. That punch was the fact that nobody who worked with him supports him.

The Democrats should do exactly what the J6 committee did and let the story be told in the words of those who were there. They have enough money to flood the airwaves with his former cabinet members and every time they do the background picture should be of the Capitol seen through the gallows the Trumplicunts built for the occasion. :coffee:

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:09 am

They’re both in decline.

Joe's decline was highlighted by the fact that he let Trump bump him off his script and try to respond to the torrent of bullshit on the spot. He's been on the scene for over 50 years and he lets that weak shit throw him off his game in the most important debate of his career? He didn't think Trump would open his mouth and let loose the same verbal feces he always does when he's conning the rubes? :ohno:

The most amazing thing about the whole event is that while Biden was clearly the loser, Trump didn't win - for the simple fact that he didn't answer a single question he was asked and that didn't go unnoticed although it was overshadowed by Bidens weak performance. It should have been a stake in the heart but instead Dark Brandon will live to fight another day. And this is how he'll do it: (America I hope you're listening)... the only punch Biden landed was a good one although it was quickly swept away in the drama. That punch was the fact that nobody who worked with him supports him.

The Democrats should do exactly what the J6 committee did and let the story be told in the words of those who were there. They have enough money to flood the airwaves with his former cabinet members and every time they do the background picture should be of the Capitol seen through the gallows the Trumplicunts built for the occasion. :coffee:
Still don't understand hyperbole from lies. :ohno:

In regards to Trump, he apparently doesn't prep. For example, when Biden said that Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate agreement, Trump should have clobbered him with the fact the US didn't need the agreement as they had already surpassed the goals through fracking and an increased usage of much cleaner natural gas. In essence, America was able to innovate current technologies to beat those goals.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

They’re both in decline.

Trump had ample opportunities to knock Joey down for sure, I could of done better than Donny up there

For starters, after Biden was brain buffering on live TV, Trump should have just asked Jojo who the President actually is because if it’s you were all in big trouble
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:16 am

In regards to Trump, he apparently doesn't prep. For example, when Biden said that Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate agreement, Trump should have clobbered him with the fact the US didn't need the agreement as they had already surpassed the goals through fracking and an increased usage of much cleaner natural gas. In essence, America was able to innovate current technologies to beat those goals.
shoulda woulda coulda.... my point stands - Trump missed a golden opportunity and JB lives to fight another day

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:07 am

They’re both in decline.

:rofl: Says the guy who bought Russia collusion, Nazis are very fine people and that Trump said to inject bleach. :rofl:

Nah…just very fine people on both sides later supported in his debate comments about the Proud Boys.

And you’re right, he never said to inject bleach…

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

And of course, Trump, Manafort, Giuliani, and those golf loving Russians never touched base…
He said something else last night in his slurry of words that jumped out. Somewhere in his discussion of Putin’s invasion of eastern Ukraine in February 2022, Trump said: “Putin saw that, he said, you know what, I think we’re going to go in and maybe take my—this was his dream. I talked to him about it, his dream.”

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s 2019 report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election explained that Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager and then conduit to Russian operatives, in summer 2016 “discussed a plan to resolve the ongoing political problems in Ukraine by creating an autonomous republic in its more industrialized eastern region of Donbas, and having [Viktor] Yanukovych, the Ukrainian President ousted in 2014, elected to head that republic.”

Manafort had helped to get the pro-Russian oligarch Yanukovych into office, and when Yanukovych fled to Russia after the Ukrainian people threw him out, Manafort was left unemployed and in debt to other oligarchs. When he went to work for Trump, for free, he promptly wrote to his partner Konstantin Kilimnik, whom the Republican-dominated Senate Intelligence Committee identified in 2020 as a Russian operative, asking how “we” could use the appointment “to get whole,” and made sure that the Russian oligarch to whom he owed the most money knew about his close connection with the Trump campaign (p. 135).

The Mueller Report continued: “That plan, Manafort later acknowledged, constituted a ‘backdoor’ means for Russia to control eastern Ukraine” (p. 140). The region that Putin wanted was the country’s industrial heartland. He was offering a “peace” plan that carved off much of Ukraine and made it subservient to him. This was the dead opposite of U.S. policy for a free and united Ukraine, and there was no chance that former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, who was running for the presidency against Trump, would stand for it. But if only Trump were elected….

And, in November 2016, he was.

According to the Republican-dominated Senate Intelligence Committee, Manafort’s partner and Russian operative Kilimnick wrote that "[a]ll that is required to start the process is a very minor 'wink' (or slight push) from D[onald] T[rump] saying 'he wants peace in Ukraine and Donbass back in Ukraine' and a decision to be a 'special representative' and manage this process." Following that, Kilimnik suggested that Manafort ‘could start the process and within 10 days visit Russia ([Yanukovych] guarantees your reception at the very top level, cutting through all the bullsh*t and getting down to business), Ukraine, and key EU capitals.’ The email also suggested that once then–Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko understood this ‘message’ from the United States, the process ‘will go very fast and DT could have peace in Ukraine basically within a few months after inauguration’” (p. 99).

According to the Senate Intelligence Committee, the men continued to work on what they called the “Mariupol Plan” at least until 2018.

In last night’s debate, Trump insisted that Putin never would have invaded Ukraine on his watch (although Putin in fact continued his 2014 assault during Trump’s term, and Trump tried to withhold support for Ukraine).
https://open.substack.com/pub/heatherco ... medium=ios

Poor Donnie…constantly misunderstood.

:lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:40 am

Trump had ample opportunities to knock Joey down for sure, I could of done better than Donny up there

For starters, after Biden was brain buffering on live TV, Trump should have just asked Jojo who the President actually is because if it’s you were all in big trouble
well....probably not you but almost anybody else.....yes

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:40 am

shoulda woulda coulda.... my point stands - Trump missed a golden opportunity and JB lives to fight another day
Oh, I'm in total agreeance with you on Trump not so much winning, as Biden losing. My post was an example of an easy opportunity Trump missed when he rambled on about another topic. I've got a long history on this board saying I can't stand to listen to Trump.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

This is tone deaf denial from his campaign.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Noooo dumb line

They’re both in decline.

Well now, let C H splash some truth serum on you

Let’s never forget that Joey was dumb long before he was senile.

Jill? As soon as you see anybody that insist on being called a “Dr.” Jill… that right there tells me almost everything I need to know about this disgusting wench… she may want to remove that Dr. title because if she was really a doctor, she should’ve known long ago that Joey rotten is not mentally fit to be the president but she, the bitch that she is, keeps running that old fool out there. She should sued for elder abuse and putting 350 million Americans at risk.

And you still don’t get it about why I’m here. I didn’t come here to defend Trump. I came here to tell you the truth about Joey Jobozo Rotten Bananas Biden.

Are these two candidates running for president just to stay out of jail? both of them should just retire and go play golf

They can make more money doing a reality show…

Come on man .. don’t piss down my neck and tell me it’s raining
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

....neither does the Hang Mike Pence crowd. :coffee: ....just sayin....

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:42 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:07 am

Nah…just very fine people on both sides later supported in his debate comments about the Proud Boys.

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

And of course, Trump, Manafort, Giuliani, and those golf loving Russians never touched base…
He said something else last night in his slurry of words that jumped out. Somewhere in his discussion of Putin’s invasion of eastern Ukraine in February 2022, Trump said: “Putin saw that, he said, you know what, I think we’re going to go in and maybe take my—this was his dream. I talked to him about it, his dream.”

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s 2019 report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election explained that Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager and then conduit to Russian operatives, in summer 2016 “discussed a plan to resolve the ongoing political problems in Ukraine by creating an autonomous republic in its more industrialized eastern region of Donbas, and having [Viktor] Yanukovych, the Ukrainian President ousted in 2014, elected to head that republic.”

Manafort had helped to get the pro-Russian oligarch Yanukovych into office, and when Yanukovych fled to Russia after the Ukrainian people threw him out, Manafort was left unemployed and in debt to other oligarchs. When he went to work for Trump, for free, he promptly wrote to his partner Konstantin Kilimnik, whom the Republican-dominated Senate Intelligence Committee identified in 2020 as a Russian operative, asking how “we” could use the appointment “to get whole,” and made sure that the Russian oligarch to whom he owed the most money knew about his close connection with the Trump campaign (p. 135).

The Mueller Report continued: “That plan, Manafort later acknowledged, constituted a ‘backdoor’ means for Russia to control eastern Ukraine” (p. 140). The region that Putin wanted was the country’s industrial heartland. He was offering a “peace” plan that carved off much of Ukraine and made it subservient to him. This was the dead opposite of U.S. policy for a free and united Ukraine, and there was no chance that former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, who was running for the presidency against Trump, would stand for it. But if only Trump were elected….

And, in November 2016, he was.

According to the Republican-dominated Senate Intelligence Committee, Manafort’s partner and Russian operative Kilimnick wrote that "[a]ll that is required to start the process is a very minor 'wink' (or slight push) from D[onald] T[rump] saying 'he wants peace in Ukraine and Donbass back in Ukraine' and a decision to be a 'special representative' and manage this process." Following that, Kilimnik suggested that Manafort ‘could start the process and within 10 days visit Russia ([Yanukovych] guarantees your reception at the very top level, cutting through all the bullsh*t and getting down to business), Ukraine, and key EU capitals.’ The email also suggested that once then–Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko understood this ‘message’ from the United States, the process ‘will go very fast and DT could have peace in Ukraine basically within a few months after inauguration’” (p. 99).

According to the Senate Intelligence Committee, the men continued to work on what they called the “Mariupol Plan” at least until 2018.

In last night’s debate, Trump insisted that Putin never would have invaded Ukraine on his watch (although Putin in fact continued his 2014 assault during Trump’s term, and Trump tried to withhold support for Ukraine).

...and this is why you are 0-16. Terrible instincts.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:42 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:42 am

...and this is why you are 0-16. Terrible instincts.
Terrible instincts to post facts. Facts are scary! Make ear balls hurt!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:24 am

They’re both in decline.

Well now, let C H splash some truth serum on you

Let’s never forget that Joey was dumb long before he was senile.

Jill? As soon as you see anybody that insist on being called a “Dr.” Jill… that right there tells me almost everything I need to know about this disgusting wench… she may want to remove that Dr. title because if she was really a doctor, she should’ve known long ago that Joey rotten is not mentally fit to be the president but she, the bitch that she is, keeps running that old fool out there. She should sued for elder abuse and putting 350 million Americans at risk.

And you still don’t get it about why I’m here. I didn’t come here to defend Trump. I came here to tell you the truth about Joey Jobozo Rotten Bananas Biden.

Are these two candidates running for president just to stay out of jail? both of them should just retire and go play golf

They can make more money doing a reality show…

Come on man .. don’t piss down my neck and tell me it’s raining
Of course you didn’t come here to defend Trump. I didng come here to defend Biden. So…
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

16 seconds and he doesn’t blink once. WTF. Has much plastic surgery and botox has Pinnochio Joe had?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:44 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:40 am

well....probably not you but almost anybody else.....yes
Didn’t you vote for Joey Rotten… yes you did and you’ll go to your grave trying to justify how dumb that was
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Of mud sills, inferiority complex, and historical lossr mentality.

Another great read from HCR regarding Trumps rhetoric in the debate:
In contrast, Trump said: “As sure as you’re sitting there, the fact is that his big kill on the Black people is the millions of people that he’s allowed to come in through the border. They're taking Black jobs now and it could be 18. It could be 19 and even 20 million people. They’re taking Black jobs and they’re taking Hispanic jobs and you haven’t seen it yet, but you’re going to see something that’s going to be the worst in our history.”

Trump was obviously falling back on the point he had prepared to rely on in this election: that immigration is destroying our country. He exaggerated the numbers of incoming migrants and warned that there is worse to come.

But what jumped out is his phrase: “They’re taking Black jobs and they’re taking Hispanic jobs.” …………..

“In all social systems there must be a class to do the menial duties, to perform the drudgery of life,” South Carolina senator James Henry Hammond told his colleagues in 1858. “That is, a class requiring but a low order of intellect and but little skill. Its requisites are vigor, docility, fidelity. Such a class you must have, or you would not have that other class which leads progress, civilization, and refinement. It constitutes the very mud-sill of society and of political government; and you might as well attempt to build a house in the air, as to build either the one or the other, except on this mud-sill.”

Capital produced by the labor of mudsills would concentrate in the hands of the upper class, who would use it efficiently and intelligently to develop society. Their guidance elevated those weak-minded but strong-muscled people in the mudsill class, who were “happy, content, unaspiring, and utterly incapable, from intellectual weakness, ever to give us any trouble by their aspirations.”

Southern leaders were smart enough to have designated a different race as their society’s mudsills, Hammond said, but in the North the “whole hireling class of manual laborers and ‘operatives,’ as you call them, are essentially slaves.” This created a political problem for northerners, for the majority of the population made up that lower class. “If they knew the tremendous secret, that the ballot-box is stronger than ‘an army with banners,’ and could combine, where would you be?” Hammond asked his colleagues who insisted that all people were created equal. “Your society would be reconstructed, your government overthrown, your property divided.”

The only true way to look at the world was to understand that some people were better than others and had the right and maybe the duty, to rule. “I repudiate, as ridiculously absurd, that much-lauded but nowhere accredited dogma of Mr. Jefferson, that ‘all men are born equal’” Hammond wrote, and it was on this theory that some people are better than others that southern enslavers based their proposed new nation.

“Our new government is founded…upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical and moral truth,” Alexander Stephens, vice president of the Confederacy, told supporters.

Not everyone agreed. For his part, rising politician Abraham Lincoln stood on the Declaration of Independence. Months after Hammond’s speech, Lincoln addressed German immigrants in Chicago. Arguments that some races are “inferior,” he said, would “rub out the sentiment of liberty in the country, and…transform this Government into a government of some other form.” The idea that it is beneficial for some people to be dominated by others, he said, is the argument “that kings have made for enslaving the people in all ages of the world…. Turn in whatever way you will—whether it come from the mouth of a King, an excuse for enslaving the people of his country, or from the mouth of men of one race as a reason for enslaving the men of another race, it is all the same old serpent.”

According to the mudsill theory, he said the following year, “a blind horse upon a tread-mill, is a perfect illustration of what a laborer should be—all the better for being blind, that he could not tread out of place, or kick understandingly. According to that theory, the education of laborers, is not only useless, but pernicious, and dangerous.” He disagreed. “[T]here is not, of necessity, any such thing as the free hired laborer being fixed to that condition for life.”

He went on to tie the mudsill theory to the larger principles of the United States. “I should like to know if taking this old Declaration of Independence, which declares that all men are equal upon principle and making exceptions to it, where will it stop,” he said. “If that declaration is not the truth, let us get the Statute book, in which we find it and tear it out!” To cries of “No, no,” he concluded to cheers: “Let us stick to it then. Let us stand firmly by it.”

One hundred and sixty-six years later, Black and Hispanic social media users have answered Trump’s statement about “Black jobs” and “Hispanic jobs” with photos of themselves in highly skilled professional positions. But while they did so with good humor, they were illustrating for the modern world the principle Lincoln articulated: in the United States there should be no such thing as “Black jobs” or “Hispanic jobs.”

Such a construction directly contradicts the principles of the Declaration of Independence and ignores the victory of the United States in the Civil War. Anyone who sees the world through such a lens is on the wrong side of history.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ironic that Musk is asking that question. :coffee:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:31 am Of mud sills, inferiority complex, and historical lossr mentality.

Another great read from HCR regarding Trumps rhetoric in the debate:
In contrast, Trump said: “As sure as you’re sitting there, the fact is that his big kill on the Black people is the millions of people that he’s allowed to come in through the border. They're taking Black jobs now and it could be 18. It could be 19 and even 20 million people. They’re taking Black jobs and they’re taking Hispanic jobs and you haven’t seen it yet, but you’re going to see something that’s going to be the worst in our history.”

Trump was obviously falling back on the point he had prepared to rely on in this election: that immigration is destroying our country. He exaggerated the numbers of incoming migrants and warned that there is worse to come.

But what jumped out is his phrase: “They’re taking Black jobs and they’re taking Hispanic jobs.” …………..

“In all social systems there must be a class to do the menial duties, to perform the drudgery of life,” South Carolina senator James Henry Hammond told his colleagues in 1858. “That is, a class requiring but a low order of intellect and but little skill. Its requisites are vigor, docility, fidelity. Such a class you must have, or you would not have that other class which leads progress, civilization, and refinement. It constitutes the very mud-sill of society and of political government; and you might as well attempt to build a house in the air, as to build either the one or the other, except on this mud-sill.”

Capital produced by the labor of mudsills would concentrate in the hands of the upper class, who would use it efficiently and intelligently to develop society. Their guidance elevated those weak-minded but strong-muscled people in the mudsill class, who were “happy, content, unaspiring, and utterly incapable, from intellectual weakness, ever to give us any trouble by their aspirations.”

Southern leaders were smart enough to have designated a different race as their society’s mudsills, Hammond said, but in the North the “whole hireling class of manual laborers and ‘operatives,’ as you call them, are essentially slaves.” This created a political problem for northerners, for the majority of the population made up that lower class. “If they knew the tremendous secret, that the ballot-box is stronger than ‘an army with banners,’ and could combine, where would you be?” Hammond asked his colleagues who insisted that all people were created equal. “Your society would be reconstructed, your government overthrown, your property divided.”

The only true way to look at the world was to understand that some people were better than others and had the right and maybe the duty, to rule. “I repudiate, as ridiculously absurd, that much-lauded but nowhere accredited dogma of Mr. Jefferson, that ‘all men are born equal’” Hammond wrote, and it was on this theory that some people are better than others that southern enslavers based their proposed new nation.

“Our new government is founded…upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical and moral truth,” Alexander Stephens, vice president of the Confederacy, told supporters.

Not everyone agreed. For his part, rising politician Abraham Lincoln stood on the Declaration of Independence. Months after Hammond’s speech, Lincoln addressed German immigrants in Chicago. Arguments that some races are “inferior,” he said, would “rub out the sentiment of liberty in the country, and…transform this Government into a government of some other form.” The idea that it is beneficial for some people to be dominated by others, he said, is the argument “that kings have made for enslaving the people in all ages of the world…. Turn in whatever way you will—whether it come from the mouth of a King, an excuse for enslaving the people of his country, or from the mouth of men of one race as a reason for enslaving the men of another race, it is all the same old serpent.”

According to the mudsill theory, he said the following year, “a blind horse upon a tread-mill, is a perfect illustration of what a laborer should be—all the better for being blind, that he could not tread out of place, or kick understandingly. According to that theory, the education of laborers, is not only useless, but pernicious, and dangerous.” He disagreed. “[T]here is not, of necessity, any such thing as the free hired laborer being fixed to that condition for life.”

He went on to tie the mudsill theory to the larger principles of the United States. “I should like to know if taking this old Declaration of Independence, which declares that all men are equal upon principle and making exceptions to it, where will it stop,” he said. “If that declaration is not the truth, let us get the Statute book, in which we find it and tear it out!” To cries of “No, no,” he concluded to cheers: “Let us stick to it then. Let us stand firmly by it.”

One hundred and sixty-six years later, Black and Hispanic social media users have answered Trump’s statement about “Black jobs” and “Hispanic jobs” with photos of themselves in highly skilled professional positions. But while they did so with good humor, they were illustrating for the modern world the principle Lincoln articulated: in the United States there should be no such thing as “Black jobs” or “Hispanic jobs.”

Such a construction directly contradicts the principles of the Declaration of Independence and ignores the victory of the United States in the Civil War. Anyone who sees the world through such a lens is on the wrong side of history.
I want to hear more about that private chat Trump says he had with Putin before the invasion