Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Trump vs. Biden Part 2

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

‘We’ve all enabled the situation’: Dems turn on Biden’s inner sanctum post debate
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/0 ... e-00166160
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

The Heritage Foundation is a powerful far right group and they’ve been heavily influencing policy for the past 50 years. Held partially in check by the system for much of that time they are now licking their chops over a second Trump term.

These people are not mentally well.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Another person familiar with the matter said the reaction from some senior White House staff members has been, “What the hell is happening?”
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... rcna159975

Of course WH senior staff are like ‘what the hell’ :lol: Now in addition to the fake doctor evil Lady Jill McBiden, you have the president’s crackhead convicted felon son advising him. (Since donks like to throw around ‘convicted felon’).
Last edited by BDKJMU on Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Historically speaking, the next couple of days, let alone the rest of this election, are going to be fascinating given that you haven't had a candidate withdraw this late in the cycle really ever. I've said for awhile that the history books about this Presidency 20-40 years from now would be great reads, getting insights into who was really running things in the White House ala Wilson after the stroke, but since the debate it's already gotten a lot of insights we didn't know about.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:28 am Historically speaking, the next couple of days, let alone the rest of this election, are going to be fascinating given that you haven't had a candidate withdraw this late in the cycle really ever. I've said for awhile that the history books about this Presidency 20-40 years from now would be great reads, getting insights into who was really running things in the White House ala Wilson after the stroke, but since the debate it's already gotten a lot of insights we didn't know about.
Indeed and I’ll add Nancy Reagan and perhaps Elanor Roosevelt as heavy influencers.

It’s likely an alliance between Jill and a few select staff members/confidants.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:53 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:28 am Historically speaking, the next couple of days, let alone the rest of this election, are going to be fascinating given that you haven't had a candidate withdraw this late in the cycle really ever. I've said for awhile that the history books about this Presidency 20-40 years from now would be great reads, getting insights into who was really running things in the White House ala Wilson after the stroke, but since the debate it's already gotten a lot of insights we didn't know about.
Indeed and I’ll add Nancy Reagan and perhaps Elanor Roosevelt as heavy influencers.

I'm sure Reagan had stopped running things by that last year, and Nancy was certainly a presence, but there were tons of bigwigs in that administration so I think the power was more widely wielded. I don't think Eleanor really had much to do with the Roosevelt White House by that time - remember, we were still deep into WWII at the time, Franklin never really was mentally debilitated like these other ones we're talking about (Wilson - stroke, Reagan and Biden - significant dementia), and there were others already there (Leahy for instance, Marshall as well) who were already doing the heavy lifting.

What's really historically different about this one is the acquiescence of the media to go along with the charade and not report it. No one really knew about Wilson since the media then wasn't like it is now - you could go into hiding for months, even as the President, and it wouldn't be news. We knew about Reagan, but like I said, the folks really running things were pretty public figures anyway. With Biden, the press has largely been mute on his condition until recently. Even when the WSJ ran that article a couple of months ago that shed light on what we all know now, other news organizations couldn't have come out faster in defense of Biden and criticizing what turns out to be a true story. I get it - the left cannot tolerate the thought of another Trump term, hence the reluctance to accurately report on the one candidate they thought could beat Trump. Not really banner times for the media and news organizations, but the hate for Trump is significant that professionalism is cast aside.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:45 am

I'm sure Reagan had stopped running things by that last year, and Nancy was certainly a presence, but there were tons of bigwigs in that administration so I think the power was more widely wielded. I don't think Eleanor really had much to do with the Roosevelt White House by that time - remember, we were still deep into WWII at the time, Franklin never really was mentally debilitated like these other ones we're talking about (Wilson - stroke, Reagan and Biden - significant dementia), and there were others already there (Leahy for instance, Marshall as well) who were already doing the heavy lifting.

What's really historically different about this one is the acquiescence of the media to go along with the charade and not report it. No one really knew about Wilson since the media then wasn't like it is now - you could go into hiding for months, even as the President, and it wouldn't be news. We knew about Reagan, but like I said, the folks really running things were pretty public figures anyway. With Biden, the press has largely been mute on his condition until recently. Even when the WSJ ran that article a couple of months ago that shed light on what we all know now, other news organizations couldn't have come out faster in defense of Biden and criticizing what turns out to be a true story. I get it - the left cannot tolerate the thought of another Trump term, hence the reluctance to accurately report on the one candidate they thought could beat Trump. Not really banner times for the media and news organizations, but the hate for Trump is significant that professionalism is cast aside.
This is the actual deep state. Establishment media to go along party establishment and the revolving door between corporations and regulatory agencies. Media does it to obtain access and the DC cocktail circuit.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:51 am

This is the actual deep state. Establishment media to go along party establishment and the revolving door between corporations and regulatory agencies. Media does it to obtain access and the DC cocktail circuit.
Yup. It ain't pretty. As bad as the political parties have been in terms of partisanship, the real disappointment has been the media almost reverting to the yellow journalism of a century ago. MAGA folks like BDK have a good point when they point to things like the organized burying/falsifying of the Hunter laptop story before the last election - they knew it was true but didn't want to risk it hurting Biden's election chances. Who knew that would be minor league compared to how they've covered for and hidden Biden's deteriorating condition over these past few years. The right isn't any better, they'll twist anything to make it work for their preferred candidates, but the right wing media isn't as large and they don't purport to be even-handed.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Meanwhile Trump is
and its driving the left nuts.
https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/202 ... s-n2176320
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:39 am Meanwhile Trump is
and its driving the left nuts.
https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/202 ... s-n2176320
He is staying quiet but is it driving the left of MSM nuts? The article says it is. Did I miss the examples/proof?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Lest we forget…

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

They balanced that out by also having had very little to say about Trump's complete capitulation to Putin. :coffee:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:24 pm Lest we forget…

not fair - he can't start before noon because it takes hours for his bondo/spray paint work to be completed

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:30 pm ‘We’ve all enabled the situation’: Dems turn on Biden’s inner sanctum post debate
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/0 ... e-00166160
What to do with the old belligerent demented fool that can’t remember his end of the bargain that it was only supposed to be a one term clown show

I’m not going to tell him …you tell him

No way, I’m not gonna tell him …you tell him

Let’s get Mikey :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:02 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:51 am

Yup. It ain't pretty. As bad as the political parties have been in terms of partisanship, the real disappointment has been the media almost reverting to the yellow journalism of a century ago. MAGA folks like BDK have a good point when they point to things like the organized burying/falsifying of the Hunter laptop story before the last election - they knew it was true but didn't want to risk it hurting Biden's election chances. Who knew that would be minor league compared to how they've covered for and hidden Biden's deteriorating condition over these past few years. The right isn't any better, they'll twist anything to make it work for their preferred candidates, but the right wing media isn't as large and they don't purport to be even-handed.
Meh.... who needs the right-wing media when you have SCOTUS doing your twisting?

The Democrats need to 25th Joe and run Harris with another female. High turnout among females is good for Democrats and Harris at the top of the ticket good for POC turnout. You could really throw a knuckle ball and have Trump in a stuttering rage by putting out the word that Liz Cheney is being considered for VP on a reunification ticket. This is the time to ignore the conventional wisdom.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:20 pm

Meh.... who needs the right-wing media when you have SCOTUS doing your twisting?

The Democrats need to 25th Joe and run Harris with another female. High turnout among females is good for Democrats and Harris at the top of the ticket good for POC turnout. You could really throw a knuckle ball and have Trump in a stuttering rage by putting out the word that Liz Cheney is being considered for VP on a reunification ticket. This is the time to ignore the conventional wisdom.
That would be hilarious to follow. :lol:

And yes on throwing out conventional wisdom. The Dems have been paid losers for decades.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:14 pm

That would be hilarious to follow. :lol:

And yes on throwing out conventional wisdom. The Dems have been paid losers for decades.
the political ads from the right would be guaranteed to increase female turnout and female turnout will be a key

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Trump would counter by announcing the Trump/Hunter Biden ticket

Let’s face it, despite all of Hunters full spectrum loser traits, there is a reason Daddy called him the smartest guy he knows… it’s not an easy job to hide all that money that was routed into the National Crime Families coffers …

Hunter for VP on the Trump ticket
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:08 am

Let’s face it, despite all of Hunters full spectrum loser traits, there is a reason Daddy called him the smartest guy he knows… it’s not an easy job to hide all that money that was routed into the National Crime Families coffers …

It’s also not an easy job to fall for every right wing conspiracy. You have to work hard at that shit.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:16 am

It’s also not an easy job to fall for every right wing conspiracy. You have to work hard at that shit.
Are you saying you have a hard time not falling for them?

Be careful, your phone number might end up on the shucksters list of potential gullible targets
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

No, he wouldn't - thats just you being out of touch and dimwitted. The conk misogynist political ads would double the turnout of the female vote and the female vote is the key to winning.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:49 am

No, he wouldn't - thats just you being out of touch and dimwitted. The conk misogynist political ads would double the turnout of the female vote and the female vote is the key to winning.
The females, most of em anyway, would be won over by a slick talking douche like Gavin …
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:51 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:49 am

The females, most of em anyway, would be won over by a slick talking douche like Gavin …
Liz Cheney on a reunification ticket will bring the Haley Republicunts. :thumb: