BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Trump vs. Biden Part 2

Post by BDKJMU »

At the RNC on Tues:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

All you need to know about J.D. Vance from someone he went to Yale Law with.

TL;DR? Cliff notes:

Weirdo faux populist who knows better but is starting to believe his own bullshit. :)
In 2016, the Washington Post reported that bestselling author and venture capitalist J.D. Vance had decided to “use his newfound fame and fortune to return home to Ohio and make a difference.” Vance wanted to help the people of Ohio deal with the crises of poverty and addiction that he documented in his book Hillbilly Elegy. “Rather than just collect royalty checks and give TED talks, Vance wants to do something to deal with these afflictions.” To that end, Vance started a nonprofit called Our Ohio Renewal, which would be part of “a focused effort on solving the opioid crisis.” Vance said that “it irked him when people assumed that” he was just returning to the state to launch a political career. “I actually care about solving some of these things,” Vance insisted.
In fact, he didn’t care. The nonprofit was essentially a fraud. The New York Times summarized its pitiful history:

Mr. Vance’s nonprofit group raised only about $220,000, hired only a handful of staff members, shrank drastically in 2018 and died for good in 2021. It left only the faintest mark on the state it had been meant to change, leaving behind a pair of op-eds and two tweets.

One former employee said that “in hindsight, [Our Ohio Renewal] had seemed aimed at serving Mr. Vance’s ambition by giving him a presence in a state where he had not lived full-time for several years” and “it had felt as if much of the job involved giving outsiders the impression that Mr. Vance was in the state.” The nonprofit had “spent more than 95 percent of its 2017 fundraising on staff salaries and overhead, and $0 on charitable activities or grants.” It made the Trump Foundation look like Habitat for Humanity.
But while Vance may have resembled Trump in his penchant for disguising self-advancement as altruism, in those days he was staunchly anti-Trump. In The Atlantic in 2016, Vance, who by this time had a platform as a commentator, correctly pointed out that Donald Trump was nothing more than a snake oil salesman preying on the desperation of the broken communities Vance had written about in Hillbilly Elegy:

Many Americans have reached for a new pain reliever. It too, promises a quick escape from life’s cares, an easy solution to the mounting social problems of U.S. communities and culture. It demands nothing and requires little more than a modest presence and maybe a few enablers… It enters minds, not through lungs or veins, but through eyes and ears, and its name is Donald Trump. … What Trump offers is an easy escape from the pain. To every complex problem, he promises a simple solution. He can bring jobs back simply by punishing offshoring companies into submission. As he told a New Hampshire crowd—folks all too familiar with the opioid scourge—he can cure the addiction epidemic by building a Mexican wall and keeping the cartels out. … He never offers details for how these plans will work, because he can’t. Trump’s promises are the needle in America’s collective vein.

Vance was scathing about Trump, in other contexts calling him a “total fraud,” a “reprehensible” “moral disaster” who might be America’s Hitler. But Vance, like many other Republicans including Ted Cruz and his Yale Law School classmate Vivek Ramaswamy, soon realized that to get ahead in right-wing politics, it would not do to tell the truth about Donald Trump. Vance reportedly commissioned polling to test whether his comments would hurt him politically, and “was particularly concerned that his opposition to Trump would turn off base GOP voters.” Since then, he has become one of Trump’s most aggressive defenders. I try to avoid using polemical epithets like “bootlicker” and “toady,” but if anyone has earned them, J.D. Vance has. And because Donald Trump loves bootlickers and toadies, as a 39-year-old freshman senator, Vance has earned himself a slot on the presidential campaign ticket. He will be set up to be the de facto leader of the Republican Party after Trump.
With many Trump supporters, it’s possible to wonder whether they know better. Do they realize that Trump’s promises are all bogus? That he isn’t an anti-imperialist or a man of the people? That his signature policy in office was giving the rich a giant handout? That he couldn’t care less about the lives of his supporters? We are facing down a terrifying climate crisis, with heat records being shattered left and right. When asked what he would do about it at the presidential debate, Trump replied that he believed in clean water and that during his administration “we had H2O.” And that’s when he’s not calling the climate crisis a “Chinese hoax.” The man does not know anything. He’s not going to “make America great again.” But Trump is a brilliant showman, which is why plenty of people are sincerely taken in.
J.D. Vance, on the other hand, clearly knows better. The striking thing about his earlier observations is that they’re astute and accurate. Vance clearly understood that what Trump was selling wasn’t real. “He’s noxious and is leading the White working class to a very dark place,” Vance correctly said. “I’m a Never Trump guy.” ……………
https://www.currentaffairs.org/news/the-opportunist
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:55 am All you need to know about J.D. Vance, oops James Hamel, oops James Donald Bowman from someone he went to Yale Law with.

TL;DR? Cliff notes:

Weirdo faux populist who knows better but is starting to believe his own bullshit. :)
In 2016, the Washington Post reported that bestselling author and venture capitalist J.D. Vance had decided to “use his newfound fame and fortune to return home to Ohio and make a difference.” Vance wanted to help the people of Ohio deal with the crises of poverty and addiction that he documented in his book Hillbilly Elegy. “Rather than just collect royalty checks and give TED talks, Vance wants to do something to deal with these afflictions.” To that end, Vance started a nonprofit called Our Ohio Renewal, which would be part of “a focused effort on solving the opioid crisis.” Vance said that “it irked him when people assumed that” he was just returning to the state to launch a political career. “I actually care about solving some of these things,” Vance insisted.
In fact, he didn’t care. The nonprofit was essentially a fraud. The New York Times summarized its pitiful history:

Mr. Vance’s nonprofit group raised only about $220,000, hired only a handful of staff members, shrank drastically in 2018 and died for good in 2021. It left only the faintest mark on the state it had been meant to change, leaving behind a pair of op-eds and two tweets.

One former employee said that “in hindsight, [Our Ohio Renewal] had seemed aimed at serving Mr. Vance’s ambition by giving him a presence in a state where he had not lived full-time for several years” and “it had felt as if much of the job involved giving outsiders the impression that Mr. Vance was in the state.” The nonprofit had “spent more than 95 percent of its 2017 fundraising on staff salaries and overhead, and $0 on charitable activities or grants.” It made the Trump Foundation look like Habitat for Humanity.
But while Vance may have resembled Trump in his penchant for disguising self-advancement as altruism, in those days he was staunchly anti-Trump. In The Atlantic in 2016, Vance, who by this time had a platform as a commentator, correctly pointed out that Donald Trump was nothing more than a snake oil salesman preying on the desperation of the broken communities Vance had written about in Hillbilly Elegy:

Many Americans have reached for a new pain reliever. It too, promises a quick escape from life’s cares, an easy solution to the mounting social problems of U.S. communities and culture. It demands nothing and requires little more than a modest presence and maybe a few enablers… It enters minds, not through lungs or veins, but through eyes and ears, and its name is Donald Trump. … What Trump offers is an easy escape from the pain. To every complex problem, he promises a simple solution. He can bring jobs back simply by punishing offshoring companies into submission. As he told a New Hampshire crowd—folks all too familiar with the opioid scourge—he can cure the addiction epidemic by building a Mexican wall and keeping the cartels out. … He never offers details for how these plans will work, because he can’t. Trump’s promises are the needle in America’s collective vein.

Vance was scathing about Trump, in other contexts calling him a “total fraud,” a “reprehensible” “moral disaster” who might be America’s Hitler. But Vance, like many other Republicans including Ted Cruz and his Yale Law School classmate Vivek Ramaswamy, soon realized that to get ahead in right-wing politics, it would not do to tell the truth about Donald Trump. Vance reportedly commissioned polling to test whether his comments would hurt him politically, and “was particularly concerned that his opposition to Trump would turn off base GOP voters.” Since then, he has become one of Trump’s most aggressive defenders. I try to avoid using polemical epithets like “bootlicker” and “toady,” but if anyone has earned them, J.D. Vance has. And because Donald Trump loves bootlickers and toadies, as a 39-year-old freshman senator, Vance has earned himself a slot on the presidential campaign ticket. He will be set up to be the de facto leader of the Republican Party after Trump.
With many Trump supporters, it’s possible to wonder whether they know better. Do they realize that Trump’s promises are all bogus? That he isn’t an anti-imperialist or a man of the people? That his signature policy in office was giving the rich a giant handout? That he couldn’t care less about the lives of his supporters? We are facing down a terrifying climate crisis, with heat records being shattered left and right. When asked what he would do about it at the presidential debate, Trump replied that he believed in clean water and that during his administration “we had H2O.” And that’s when he’s not calling the climate crisis a “Chinese hoax.” The man does not know anything. He’s not going to “make America great again.” But Trump is a brilliant showman, which is why plenty of people are sincerely taken in.
J.D. Vance, on the other hand, clearly knows better. The striking thing about his earlier observations is that they’re astute and accurate. Vance clearly understood that what Trump was selling wasn’t real. “He’s noxious and is leading the White working class to a very dark place,” Vance correctly said. “I’m a Never Trump guy.” ……………
FYP

He probably shouldn't criticize people who change how they identify.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:55 am All you need to know about J.D. Vance from someone he went to Yale Law with.

TL;DR? Cliff notes:

Lol I quit skimming right there as soon as I saw that histrionic nonsense.
Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

The party of democracy getting their democracy taken away by their own party! The will of the people voted for Biden, (the DNC) We dont care you are getting our elitist candidate, now goosestep along with us comrade or be left alone. Its funny watching the left eat each other over this.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:58 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:55 am All you need to know about J.D. Vance from someone he went to Yale Law with.

TL;DR? Cliff notes:

Lol I quit skimming right there as soon as I saw that histrionic nonsense.
Well hey…at least you’re showing signs of improvement. Won’t be long before you grow into full articles and eventually books.

I’m so proud of you right now! :clap:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Even the libs admited it:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 5:02 pm
Biden’s family is top notch huh. :ohno:

What a disgrace they are for putting JoBozo through this

And putting every American at risk

The Biden 3 year charade is criminal
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »