Donald Trump gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Donald Trump gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by UNI88 »

He can speak for two hours “without a mistake” ...

Or not.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:13 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:22 am

Show (real) proof of how many illegals are voting pipe down.
“Ohio purging hundreds of noncitizens from state voter rolls amid 2024 election audit
Ohio officials say more illegal voter purges may come before Election Day
By Anders Hagstrom Fox News”
Yep. The question is:
-Why wasn’t this done sooner?
-Why aren’t more states doing this?
https://redstate.com/wardclark/2024/08/ ... s-n2177636

Well in blue states we know the answer..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:46 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:13 am

“Ohio purging hundreds of noncitizens from state voter rolls amid 2024 election audit
Ohio officials say more illegal voter purges may come before Election Day
By Anders Hagstrom Fox News”
Yep. The question is:

Ohio’s voter purge “disproportionately targets voters of color”, civil rights organizations say

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:57 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:46 pm
Yep. The question is:

Ohio’s voter purge “disproportionately targets voters of color”, civil rights organizations say
The majority of non citizens aren’t caucasion.

Everyone is a ‘person of color’
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:46 pm

At least they’re not saying illegals don’t vote …. Baby steps
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:16 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:46 pm

At least they’re not saying illegals don’t vote …. Baby steps
Illegal voting is rare enough to not make any difference was the point. The GOP’s minority status is deepening due to generational trends, threat of racial plurality, and policies. There are tools to update registration lists but purges like we’ve seen in Ohio and Georgia cast a broader net.

The harder it is to vote - purges, number and distance of locations, and the lower the voter turnout (especially non-white), the better for Republicans.
To date, ERIC has helped states identify millions of registrants who should be taken off the rolls because they moved or died. It has made voting rolls more accurate, which helps states steer voters to the right precincts to minimize confusion and ensure access on Election Day. It has enabled states to catch rare instances of double-voting. And because its membership agreement requires states to reach out to the eligible but unregistered citizens it identifies, it has facilitated millions of new registrations, fostering a more engaged citizenry and a more representative government.

ERIC would seem to be a no-brainer for election administrators. Indeed, until recently, it was widely praised by Republicans and Democrats alike as “one of the best fraud-fighting tools that we have,” and as a “godsend” that would “lead[] to cleaner and more accurate voter registration rolls” and “increase voter participation in our elections.”

Attacks on ERIC Since the 2020 Election

After Donald Trump lost the 2020 presidential election, his supporters raised questions about numerous aspects of election administration, including voter list maintenance, to sow doubts about the integrity of U.S. elections.

As part of this campaign, election deniers went after ERIC. Starting in January 2022, a far-right outlet, Gateway Pundit, posted a series of pieces falsely accusing ERIC of being a front for liberal interests and implying that it was doing something other than identifying potential inaccuracies in state voter rolls. They spurred a campaign among both activists and Republican party leaders like Donald Trump pressuring state officials to withdraw from ERIC.footnote1_lD3kkwJrslSt4 And nine Republican-led states did leave, including states whose leaders had recently touted their membership in ERIC as a best practice.

Without membership in ERIC, states may lack reliable methods of updating their rolls when registrants move, making it harder for them to communicate with voters and direct them to the right polling location. In turn, this increases the risk of voters being prevented from voting or forced to vote by provisional ballots, which themselves can delay vote counting. States that refuse to be part of ERIC also give up the best tool for ensuring that voter rolls contain only eligible voters. As Al Smith, Pennsylvania’s Republican secretary of the commonwealth, put it, “The perversity with a lot of this is that the arguments against ERIC are allegedly coming from a place of interest in election integrity, when in reality, ERIC is quite possibly the most valuable, useful tool that we have to strengthen election integrity.”
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... otect-them
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:43 am
While Trump is certainly deserving of being mocked here, how can this be a mic drop when, I think, all but one of the hostages we got released where all taken by the Russians after Trump was President? Only Whelan was in Russian custody when Trump was President, so the main reason why he didn't get these folks released when he was President was that the vast majority weren't hostages during the time he was President.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:13 am
While Trump is certainly deserving of being mocked here, how can this be a mic drop when, I think, all but one of the hostages we got released where all taken by the Russians after Trump was President? Only Whelan was in Russian custody when Trump was President, so the main reason why he didn't get these folks released when he was President was that the vast majority weren't hostages during the time he was President.
It's CNN so I took the mic drop with a grain of salt.

Still a gaffe by trump, he's all hat and no cattle when it comes to getting prisoners back without giving up anything:
  • 2019, the Trump administration secured the release of Xiyue Wang, a Princeton University PhD student who had been imprisoned in Iran since 2016, by agreeing to free an Iranian medical scientist who had been charged with trying to export biological materials from the US to Iran without authorization.
  • 2019, three high-ranking Taliban prisoners, who had been imprisoned by the government of Afghanistan, were released in exchange for the Taliban freeing two professors, American Kevin King and Australian Timothy Weeks, who were abducted in 2016. Trump and the president of Afghanistan made clear that the Trump administration was involved in the deal; Trump wrote on social media when the deal was announced: “Proud of my team!”
  • 2020, the Trump administration secured the release of Navy veteran Michael White, who had been imprisoned in Iran since 2018, by agreeing to free an Iranian-American doctor who had pleaded guilty to violating US sanctions on Iran by trying to export a medical device there without authorization.
  • 2020, the Trump administration secured the release of two Americans who were imprisoned by Iran-backed Houthi militants in Yemen, aid worker Sandra Loli and businessman Mikael Gidada, in exchange for the release of more than 200 Houthi militants who were being held in Oman.
Fact check: Trump, who approved multiple prisoner exchanges, falsely claims he gave up ‘nothing’ to get Americans back

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:30 am

It's CNN so I took the mic drop with a grain of salt.

Still a gaffe by trump, he's all hat and no cattle when it comes to getting prisoners back without giving up anything:
  • 2019, the Trump administration secured the release of Xiyue Wang, a Princeton University PhD student who had been imprisoned in Iran since 2016, by agreeing to free an Iranian medical scientist who had been charged with trying to export biological materials from the US to Iran without authorization.
  • 2019, three high-ranking Taliban prisoners, who had been imprisoned by the government of Afghanistan, were released in exchange for the Taliban freeing two professors, American Kevin King and Australian Timothy Weeks, who were abducted in 2016. Trump and the president of Afghanistan made clear that the Trump administration was involved in the deal; Trump wrote on social media when the deal was announced: “Proud of my team!”
  • 2020, the Trump administration secured the release of Navy veteran Michael White, who had been imprisoned in Iran since 2018, by agreeing to free an Iranian-American doctor who had pleaded guilty to violating US sanctions on Iran by trying to export a medical device there without authorization.
  • 2020, the Trump administration secured the release of two Americans who were imprisoned by Iran-backed Houthi militants in Yemen, aid worker Sandra Loli and businessman Mikael Gidada, in exchange for the release of more than 200 Houthi militants who were being held in Oman.

Fact check: Trump, who approved multiple prisoner exchanges, falsely claims he gave up ‘nothing’ to get Americans back
And that is better context. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

They became prisoners AFTER Trump left office except for Whelan. And Biden could have gotten him released earlier, but instead was more concerned about an American hating lesbian basketball player.

Dana Bash.. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:23 pm
They became prisoners AFTER Trump left office except for Whelan. And Biden could have gotten him released earlier, but instead was more concerned about an American hating lesbian basketball player.

Dana Bash was probably wrong about it being a mic drop moment but not wrong that biden pwned trump on this one ...
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:30 am Still a gaffe by trump, he's all hat and no cattle when it comes to getting prisoners back without giving up anything:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:30 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:23 pm

Dana Bash was probably wrong about it being a mic drop moment but not wrong that biden pwned trump on this one ...
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:30 am Still a gaffe by trump, he's all hat and no cattle when it comes to getting prisoners back without giving up anything:

That all pales to:
-Obama exchanged one POS Army deserter (Bowe Bergdahl) for FIVE high ranking Taliban members.
https://nypost.com/2021/09/07/four-tali ... overnment/

-Biden/Harris exchanged an American hating lesbian basketball player on a 6-9 year pot charge for The Merchant of Death, Viktor Bout, who at one point was literally the biggest illegal arms trafficker in the world, who had conspired to kill Americans, and whose trafficked weapons played a part in tens of thousands of deaths. The FBI & DEA had spent years amd shit tons of resources on getting Bout.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Donald Trump gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:30 pm

That all pales to:
-Obama exchanged one POS Army deserter (Bowe Bergdahl) for FIVE high ranking Taliban members.
https://nypost.com/2021/09/07/four-tali ... overnment/

-Biden/Harris exchanged an American hating lesbian basketball player on a 6-9 year pot charge for The Merchant of Death, Viktor Bout, who at one point was literally the biggest illegal arms trafficker in the world, who had conspired to kill Americans, and whose trafficked weapons played a part in tens of thousands of deaths. The FBI & DEA had spent years amd shit tons of resources on getting Bout.
ODS/bDS, but Obama/but biden, whataboutism, deflection, blah blah blah …

Did trump criticize this deal and say he got back many hostages and gave opposing countries nothing in exchange? Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Who, in spite of he and Putin's brotherhood of love, trust, and understanding, did nothing - not surprising I suppose given his opinion that those who serve in the military are suckers and losers. :ohno:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:42 am

Who, in spite of he and Putin's brotherhood of love, trust, and understanding, did nothing - not surprising I suppose given his opinion that those who serve in the military are suckers and losers. :ohno:
Fake News.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
houndawg wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:42 am Who, in spite of he and Putin's brotherhood of love, trust, and understanding, did nothing - not surprising I suppose given his opinion that those who serve in the military are suckers and losers. :ohno:
Fake News.
It’s disputed not disproven.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

There's an adult in the room (and it isn't donald "john" trump).

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Fox News host knocks Trump: ‘You either own the markets or you don’t’
Trump said that the Wall Street drop, triggered by instability in the Japanese economy alongside concerns over a cooling U.S. jobs market, was actually the fault of the White House. Earlier this year, when stocks were soaring, the former president had said it was because of anticipation over him returning to the White House.

“The Donald Trump thing in the market amazes me,” Cavuto said. “When they’re up, it’s all because of him and looking forward to him. When they’re down, it’s all because the Democrats and how horrific they are.”

“Yet some of our biggest point drops, three of the biggest of the top 10, occurred during his administration,” he continued. “Now, a lot of those were in the COVID years, I get that, but, you know, you either own the markets or you don’t. It does confuse me.”
donald "john" trump in a nutshell - I'm responsible for anything good that happens, someone else is to blame for anything bad.

When was the last time trump took personal responsibility for a problem or apologized?

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Why didn't he get Whelan out? Sucker and loser?

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:05 am Fox News host knocks Trump: ‘You either own the markets or you don’t’
Trump said that the Wall Street drop, triggered by instability in the Japanese economy alongside concerns over a cooling U.S. jobs market, was actually the fault of the White House. Earlier this year, when stocks were soaring, the former president had said it was because of anticipation over him returning to the White House.

“The Donald Trump thing in the market amazes me,” Cavuto said. “When they’re up, it’s all because of him and looking forward to him. When they’re down, it’s all because the Democrats and how horrific they are.”

“Yet some of our biggest point drops, three of the biggest of the top 10, occurred during his administration,” he continued. “Now, a lot of those were in the COVID years, I get that, but, you know, you either own the markets or you don’t. It does confuse me.”
donald "john" trump in a nutshell - I'm responsible for anything good that happens, someone else is to blame for anything bad.

When was the last time trump took personal responsibility for a problem or apologized?
Roe v Wade

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:55 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 10:05 am Fox News host knocks Trump: ‘You either own the markets or you don’t’

Roe v Wade
He bragged about that. When was the last time he took responsibility and/or apologized for something he considered a problem/issue/wrong?

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:12 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:55 pm

Roe v Wade
He bragged about that. When was the last time he took responsibility and/or apologized for something he considered a problem/issue/wrong?
it simply isn't possible for him to conceive of himself doing something wrong

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Desperate. Losing it more each day.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:Desperate. Losing it more each day.

That’s a lot of name calling. I hope it doesn’t lead to any assassination attempts that trump would be responsible for.