Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:00 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:46 am

How did the debt do under trump?

It's trump and MAQA yahoos who want to gut public education. School vouchers, religion in schools, demonizing teachers and librarians, banning books, etc.
Who mentioned the debt besides Rand Paul?

They cant talk about the debt now because that would be political suicide
I did ...
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:50 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:18 pm Covid was a blip in time. In the long-term, there are a lot of things the government has done and continues to do that will cause more damage especially to young people then the damage done by Covid policy. Deficit spending and the national debt are the lowest hanging fruit of that tree. Attempting to gut public education fits there as well. Where's the outrage over those?
would never happen with Trump as president but I bet the fourth estate would support the Biden administration if they wanted to keep it quiet
You still haven't answered the question about how you would keep the public from finding out about Covid.

And you also conveniently skipped over trump and MAQA yahoos attempting to gut public education.

You're like the three "wise" mice rolled into one - when it comes to trump and MAQA yahoos, you see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:07 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:00 am

Who mentioned the debt besides Rand Paul?

They cant talk about the debt now because that would be political suicide
I did ...
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:50 am

would never happen with Trump as president but I bet the fourth estate would support the Biden administration if they wanted to keep it quiet
You still haven't answered the question about how you would keep the public from finding out about Covid.

And you also conveniently skipped over trump and MAQA yahoos attempting to gut public education.

You're like the three "wise" mice rolled into one - when it comes to trump and MAQA yahoos, you see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil.
Your eyes are diseased

you haven’t been reading my post or maybe understanding is a better word
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:54 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:07 am
I did ...

Your eyes are diseased

The same could be said of you. Or maybe you don't want to understand my posts because they run contrary to the narrative that you've bought.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:44 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:54 am

Your eyes are diseased

The same could be said of you. Or maybe you don't want to understand my posts because they run contrary to the narrative that you've bought.
I understand them but there’s so predictable and boring
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:04 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:44 am

I understand them but there’s so predictable and boring

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

The continuing long term health and economic impacts of Covid 19.
Since 2020, the condition known as long COVID-19 has become a widespread disability affecting the health and quality of life of millions of people across the globe and costing economies billions of dollars in reduced productivity of employees and an overall drop in the work force.

The intense scientific effort that long COVID sparked has resulted in more than 24,000 scientific publications, making it the most researched health condition in any four years of recorded human history.

Long COVID is a term that describes the constellation of long-term health effects caused by infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus. These range from persistent respiratory symptoms, such as shortness of breath, to debilitating fatigue or brain fog that limits people’s ability to work, and conditions such as heart failure and diabetes, which are known to last a lifetime.

I am a physician scientist, and I have been deeply immersed in studying long COVID since the early days of the pandemic. I have testified before the U.S. Senate as an expert witness on long COVID, have published extensively on it and was named as one of Time’s 100 most influential people in health in 2024 for my research in this area.

Over the first half of 2024, a flurry of reports and scientific papers on long COVID added clarity to this complex condition. These include, in particular, insights into how COVID-19 can still wreak havoc in many organs years after the initial viral infection, as well as emerging evidence on viral persistence and immune dysfunction that last for months or years after initial infection.

Spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Paris
Early on in the pandemic, the SARS-CoV-2 virus seemed to be primarily wreaking havoc on the lungs. But researchers quickly realized that it was affecting many organs in the body. Photo by Benoit Tessier via Reuters.
How long COVID affects the body

A new study that my colleagues and I published in the New England Journal of Medicine on July 17, 2024, shows that the risk of long COVID declined over the course of the pandemic. In 2020, when the ancestral strain of SARS-CoV-2 was dominant and vaccines were not available, about 10.4 percent of adults who got COVID-19 developed long COVID. By early 2022, when the omicron family of variants predominated, that rate declined to 7.7 percent among unvaccinated adults and 3.5 percent of vaccinated adults. In other words, unvaccinated people were more than twice as likely to develop long COVID.

While researchers like me do not yet have concrete numbers for the current rate in mid-2024 due to the time it takes for long COVID cases to be reflected in the data, the flow of new patients into long COVID clinics has been on par with 2022.

We found that the decline was the result of two key drivers: availability of vaccines and changes in the characteristics of the virus – which made the virus less prone to cause severe acute infections and may have reduced its ability to persist in the human body long enough to cause chronic disease.

Despite the decline in risk of developing long COVID, even a 3.5 percent risk is substantial. New and repeat COVID-19 infections translate into millions of new long COVID cases that add to an already staggering number of people suffering from this condition.

Estimates for the first year of the pandemic suggests that at least 65 million people globally have had long COVID. Along with a group of other leading scientists, my team will soon publish updated estimates of the global burden of long COVID and its impact on the global economy through 2023.

In addition, a major new report by the National Academies of Sciences Engineering and Medicine details all the health effects that constitute long COVID. The report was commissioned by the Social Security Administration to understand the implications of long COVID on its disability benefits.

It concludes that long COVID is a complex chronic condition that can result in more than 200 health effects across multiple body systems. These include new onset or worsening:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/sci ... at-to-know
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Have the Trump cult admitted covid was here before they told us covid was here?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 4:53 am The continuing long term health and economic impacts of Covid 19.
Since 2020, the condition known as long COVID-19 has become a widespread disability affecting the health and quality of life of millions of people across the globe and costing economies billions of dollars in reduced productivity of employees and an overall drop in the work force.

The intense scientific effort that long COVID sparked has resulted in more than 24,000 scientific publications, making it the most researched health condition in any four years of recorded human history.

Long COVID is a term that describes the constellation of long-term health effects caused by infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus. These range from persistent respiratory symptoms, such as shortness of breath, to debilitating fatigue or brain fog that limits people’s ability to work, and conditions such as heart failure and diabetes, which are known to last a lifetime.

I am a physician scientist, and I have been deeply immersed in studying long COVID since the early days of the pandemic. I have testified before the U.S. Senate as an expert witness on long COVID, have published extensively on it and was named as one of Time’s 100 most influential people in health in 2024 for my research in this area.

Over the first half of 2024, a flurry of reports and scientific papers on long COVID added clarity to this complex condition. These include, in particular, insights into how COVID-19 can still wreak havoc in many organs years after the initial viral infection, as well as emerging evidence on viral persistence and immune dysfunction that last for months or years after initial infection.

Early on in the pandemic, the SARS-CoV-2 virus seemed to be primarily wreaking havoc on the lungs. But researchers quickly realized that it was affecting many organs in the body. Photo by Benoit Tessier via Reuters.

A new study that my colleagues and I published in the New England Journal of Medicine on July 17, 2024, shows that the risk of long COVID declined over the course of the pandemic. In 2020, when the ancestral strain of SARS-CoV-2 was dominant and vaccines were not available, about 10.4 percent of adults who got COVID-19 developed long COVID. By early 2022, when the omicron family of variants predominated, that rate declined to 7.7 percent among unvaccinated adults and 3.5 percent of vaccinated adults. In other words, unvaccinated people were more than twice as likely to develop long COVID.

While researchers like me do not yet have concrete numbers for the current rate in mid-2024 due to the time it takes for long COVID cases to be reflected in the data, the flow of new patients into long COVID clinics has been on par with 2022.

We found that the decline was the result of two key drivers: availability of vaccines and changes in the characteristics of the virus – which made the virus less prone to cause severe acute infections and may have reduced its ability to persist in the human body long enough to cause chronic disease.

Despite the decline in risk of developing long COVID, even a 3.5 percent risk is substantial. New and repeat COVID-19 infections translate into millions of new long COVID cases that add to an already staggering number of people suffering from this condition.

Estimates for the first year of the pandemic suggests that at least 65 million people globally have had long COVID. Along with a group of other leading scientists, my team will soon publish updated estimates of the global burden of long COVID and its impact on the global economy through 2023.

In addition, a major new report by the National Academies of Sciences Engineering and Medicine details all the health effects that constitute long COVID. The report was commissioned by the Social Security Administration to understand the implications of long COVID on its disability benefits.

It concludes that long COVID is a complex chronic condition that can result in more than 200 health effects across multiple body systems. These include new onset or worsening:
Thanks, Donald... :ohno:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:03 am Have the Trump cult admitted covid was here before they told us covid was here?
There has been no movement on that claim. Just like how we can't get the patient level data to really understand what happened.

Gubmint sitting on it.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 4:53 am The continuing long term health and economic impacts of Covid 19.

And people who never had COVID claim Long COVID at a higher rate than those who actually had COVID.

What you are seeing isn't unique to COVID. It's due to people being in poor metabolic shape. Long Flu is worse, but we don't hear about that. Not one single person in my family even knew they had COVID. It's because we all keep the extra weight off, eat decent, get moderate amounts of exercise and lay out in the sun.

This is another scam for the medical community to capitalize on lazy ass people who won't take care of themselves. It's only going to get worse.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:45 pm

And people who never had COVID claim Long COVID at a higher rate than those who actually had COVID.

What you are seeing isn't unique to COVID. It's due to people being in poor metabolic shape. Long Flu is worse, but we don't hear about that. Not one single person in my family even knew they had COVID. It's because we all keep the extra weight off, eat decent, get moderate amounts of exercise and lay out in the sun.

This is another scam for the medical community to capitalize on lazy ass people who won't take care of themselves. It's only going to get worse.
Exactly right

Chronic Fatigue syndrome used to be a thing too
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Sure. :lol:

(Not one person in my immediate family nor my siblings did did either. All vaxed.)

But I’m really worried about a pandemic of long flu breaking out.

:lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:46 pm

(Not one person in my immediate family nor my siblings did did either. All vaxed.)

Long flu is worse. This is another ILI that has sequelae. This isn't new and it's not the worst "long x" out there.

The overwhelming majority of sufferers are people in poor health. Overwhelmingly self inflicted.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:22 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:46 pm

Long flu is worse. This is another ILI that has sequelae. This isn't new and it's not the worst "long x" out there.

The overwhelming majority of sufferers are people in poor health. Overwhelmingly self inflicted.
Which shouldn’t matter. Or is it just fuck them!” ?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:00 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 4:22 pm

You mean like the "fuck them" attitude you had towards the unvaccinated. You're a real piece of work bro. By your measure, those that don't take care of themselves should lose their health insurance or pay much higher rates. It's for the common good.

You simply don't get personal responsibility.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 1:55 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:00 pm

You mean like the "fuck them" attitude you had towards the unvaccinated. You're a real piece of work bro. By your measure, those that don't take care of themselves should lose their health insurance or pay much higher rates. It's for the common good.

Not at all. Life is hard and besides, we’re in the dark ages when it come to for-profit insurance.

Find better analogies, sweetheart.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:52 pm

Not at all. Life is hard and besides, we’re in the dark ages when it come to for-profit insurance.

Oh really. You keep wanting poor life choices to be covered, but weren't so generous to those not wanting to take a net negative vaccine. When do we hold the people who refuse to make good health choices accountable for those choices?

Do you understand the cost of poor health. It dwarfs anything COVID related. Costs, deaths, lost productivity, economy, etc.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 3:39 pm

Oh really. You keep wanting poor life choices to be covered, but weren't so generous to those not wanting to take a net negative vaccine. When do we hold the people who refuse to make good health choices accountable for those choices?

Do you understand the cost of poor health. It dwarfs anything COVID related. Costs, deaths, lost productivity, economy, etc.
Net negative is your heavily biased opinion likely based on contrarian junk science. Show me where the majority of medicine sits on “net negative”. You what else is net negative? Exponential spread that leads to 500,000 additional deaths in the U.S.

Of course, as with all things scientific one should remain with a HEALTHY degree of skepticism. And if you’re ever proven to be right, I’m sure you’ll let me know.

Yeah…I know just a little about the cost of poor health. Including the self inflicted kind. But hey… you already knew that didn’t ya? :rofl:
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Neighbor who came to NY from Italy in 1971 when he was 12 and yes every time I see him I hear the Godfather theme in my head told me today he’s had 4 blood clots and all happened a few weeks after he took a the mandated vaccine so he wouldn’t lose his job. Wild stories from the ER. Hates Biden and Trump…. No mention of Harris. Said he was always in good health and obviously regrets getting vaccinated. Told me to lose some weight. I love honesty
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 3:48 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 3:39 pm

Net negative is your heavily biased opinion likely based on contrarian junk science. Show me where the majority of medicine sits on “net negative”. You what else is net negative? Exponential spread that leads to 500,000 additional deaths in the U.S.

Of course, as with all things scientific one should remain with a HEALTHY degree of skepticism. And if you’re ever proven to be right, I’m sure you’ll let me know.

Yeah…I know just a little about the cost of poor health. Including the self inflicted kind. But hey… you already knew that didn’t ya? :rofl:
Net negative means it's bad for you. I keep trying to get you to understand this, but keep missing. If you are not at risk, which 99.97% of the population wasn't, than anything you inject, better not introduce harm, for previously they had none. Don't introduce harm if not needed.

With a 7.7% adverse reaction rate (miss one day of work), and no decline in deaths or hospitalizations after the introduction of shots and boosters, there's no showing it was helpful. If only they had not vaccinated the control arm during trials, especially with a 99.97% survival rate...at four months. Never been done before.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

We’re in the dark in the dark ages on medicine too

Have those geniuses found the cure to cancer yet?

But you wanna believe the genius scientist on climate change…. We are literally in the dark ages on that as well.

That’s why I’m skeptical on this whole climate change deal….
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:46 am

But you wanna believe the genius scientist on climate change…. We are literally in the dark ages on that as well.

Speak for yourself.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 7:06 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:46 am

Speak for yourself.
I know a little bit about modeling, particularly sea currents, and how many complicated variables go into it and how just a little tinker here or a little tweak there can produce desired results, but not necessarily what’s really happening

Yes I’m skeptical
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 7:45 am
kalm wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 7:06 am

Speak for yourself.
I know a little bit about modeling, particularly sea currents, and how many complicated variables go into it and how just a little tinker here or a little tweak there can produce desired results, but not necessarily what’s really happening

Yes I’m skeptical
I wish I could find the study, but the gist is they gave multiple modeling teams the same scenario and data. The resultant models were all across the board. Not bad efforts, just showed how the math assumptions inserted into the models were vastly different. Models are some of the lowest level of "proof" due to this variance and bias.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

An explosive study has sent shockwaves through the medical and scientific communities after finding that Covid mRNA shots are “directly” linked to 74% of all recorded deaths.

The damning study uncovered evidence in autopsy data showing that Covid injection contributed to a staggering 73.9% of all deaths around the world.

However, the study has been met with unprecedented censorship.

https://slaynews.com/news/explosive-stu ... ll-deaths/