Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Biden/Harris Border Bloodbath

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:14 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:54 am

Yup. The fact is we also need immigrants, of all education levels and skill sets, for continued economic growth. We're one of the few nations projected to have sustained economic growth throughout the 21st and 22nd centuries, and it's primarily due to our current immigration policies.

The other world powers (China, Europe, Russia) are quickly going backwards in growth, Japan's in a precarious situation, and India's plateaued.

The US is the only one steaming ahead.

Even illegal immigrants play an important role; last I read was $2 trillion was added to the GDP and $100 billion to the federal tax base due to illegal immigrants, and they rarely take up any benefits.
What are those policies?
Not sure on the specifics but he’s referencing the fact that both China and Russia are about to go through some serious losses when it comes to workers from entry level to highly trained.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:32 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:14 am
What are those policies?
Not sure on the specifics but he’s referencing the fact that both China and Russia are about to go through some serious losses when it comes to workers from entry level to highly trained.
Immigration is absolutely a good thing. I do think there is a limit to the number of immigrants that we can absorb at time. abbott and deconkis helped demonstrate that by shipping immigrants to NYC, Chicago, etc. until they cried uncle. Open the border and let them all in is no better answer than kick them all out and close the border. We need real leaders working on real solutions not the partisan hacks we have now.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:44 pm

Immigration is absolutely a good thing. I do think there is a limit to the number of immigrants that we can absorb at time. abbott and deconkis helped demonstrate that by shipping immigrants to NYC, Chicago, etc. until they cried uncle. Open the border and let them all in is no better answer than kick them all out and close the border. We need real leaders working on real solutions not the partisan hacks we have now.
Yep. And I was long ago on record with supporting massively increasing border security. It’s the one of the true functions of government.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:44 pm

Barry did that
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

Media lying about crime stats again to cover the whore. Comparing apples to nuclear reactors
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BobsKKKat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:43 am Media lying about crime stats again to cover the whore. Comparing apples to nuclear reactors
UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:40 pm
BobsKKKat wrote: FBI.gov
I’m guessing you got those stats from a MAQA yahoo echo chamber and can’t back them up with a link to specific crime data so you provided the generic fbi.gov.
Still ducking the question?

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:37 am
BobsKKKat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:43 am Media lying about crime stats again to cover the whore. Comparing apples to nuclear reactors
UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:40 pm

I’m guessing you got those stats from a MAQA yahoo echo chamber and can’t back them up with a link to specific crime data so you provided the generic fbi.gov.
Still ducking the question?
Do your own homework.

Its available on the FBI.gov site just search violent crime then make sure to compare how many cities used to report crime stats and now all the blue cities refuse to report so crime looks like its going down but they are manipulating stats to lie to the country. When you compare apples to apples its a very different number.

Look forward to your unbiased research conclusion. (Just kidding, you wont do it and even if you do you wont be unbiased)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BobsKKKat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:54 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:37 am Still ducking the question?
Do your own homework.

Its available on the FBI.gov site just search violent crime then make sure to compare how many cities used to report crime stats and now all the blue cities refuse to report so crime looks like its going down but they are manipulating stats to lie to the country. When you compare apples to apples its a very different number.

Look forward to your unbiased research conclusion. (Just kidding, you wont do it and even if you do you wont be unbiased)
You made the claim and when asked for a link to back it up just said FBI.gov.
GannonFan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:17 pm
BobsKKKat wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:02 pm Under Kamala Harris:
• Rape is up 42%.
• Robbery is up 63%.
• Assault is up 34%.
• Violent crime (excluding simple assault) is up 55%.
• Domestic violence is up 32%.
• Stranger violence is up 61%.
• Violent crime (with a weapon) is up 56%.
• Motor vehicle theft is up 42%.

Government website stats that cant be spun by the resident merry go round
Data like that needs a link for support. Got the link?
You've got nothing. And you saying that I won't be unbiased is ironic.

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

I got facts backed up by the FBI data base. You got what you always do, an orange hard on thats lasted for more than 8 years. Consult a physician and seek help
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BobsKKKat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:36 am I got facts backed up by the FBI data base. You got what you always do, an orange hard on thats lasted for more than 8 years. Consult a physician and seek help
You've got facts backed up by the FBI data base but you're unable to provide a link to those facts or a screenshot of the data/graphs?

FBI.gov is too generic. You provided a lot of specific data, tell me how you accessed that data in the FBI data base and I'll take a look. You could give me a link to where in the FBI's Crime Data Explorer or elsewhere on their site that I should start digging.

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:46 am
BobsKKKat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:36 am I got facts backed up by the FBI data base. You got what you always do, an orange hard on thats lasted for more than 8 years. Consult a physician and seek help
You've got facts backed up by the FBI data base but you're unable to provide a link to those facts or a screenshot of the data/graphs?

FBI.gov is too generic. You provided a lot of specific data, tell me how you accessed that data in the FBI data base and I'll take a look. You could give me a link to where in the FBI's Crime Data Explorer or elsewhere on their site that I should start digging.
Crime data explorer is a great place to start.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BobsKKKat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:03 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:46 am

You've got nothing. You can't give any direction on where to find those stats because you didn't look them up. You pulled them off of some MAQA yahoo echo chamber from someone who said they researched them on FBI.gov. You believe they're accurate because it fits your biased narrative not because you actually looked up the data yourself.

You can prove me wrong by providing links or directions for finding the data you provided.

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:18 pm
BobsKKKat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:03 pm

You've got nothing. You can't give any direction on where to find those stats because you didn't look them up. You pulled them off of some MAQA yahoo echo chamber from someone who said they researched them on FBI.gov. You believe they're accurate because it fits your biased narrative not because you actually looked up the data yourself.

You can prove me wrong by providing links or directions for finding the data you provided.
I didnt pull anything off a website, 100% my own research.

I don't post things that are not vetted by me especially stats. When I see those posts the first thing I do is assume its bullshit then go look it up. The media has been feeding audiences the same bullshit stats and they are lying. I proved it. Media is comparing 100k stats to barely 60k stats for the last 4 years because the number of incidents on the FBIs website says incomplete, Its incomplete because like I said many large cities are not submitting crime stats because its a bad look for them.

You always have your mind made up before you comment so maybe go chat with someone that gives a fuck, I don't. I don't care if you like the truth (you don't) But I don't misconstrue things like you and KKKlam do
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Don't know and certainly like to hear opinions. Some say the National Crime Victimization Survey (put out still by the government, but by the Bureau of Justice and administered by the Census Bureau) is a better barometer of crime statistics than the one the FBI puts out. Opinions?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Biden/Harris Border Bloodbath

Post by UNI88 »

BobsKKKat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:46 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:18 pm

I didnt pull anything off a website, 100% my own research.

I don't post things that are not vetted by me especially stats. When I see those posts the first thing I do is assume its bullshit then go look it up. The media has been feeding audiences the same bullshit stats and they are lying. I proved it. Media is comparing 100k stats to barely 60k stats for the last 4 years because the number of incidents on the FBIs website says incomplete, Its incomplete because like I said many large cities are not submitting crime stats because its a bad look for them.

You always have your mind made up before you comment so maybe go chat with someone that gives a fuck, I don't. I don't care if you like the truth (you don't) But I don't misconstrue things like you and KKKlam do
The FBI changed how agencies reported their data taking away an option that many used and the reporting dropped in 2021 and 2022 as a result. The FBI added it back in but some cities (NYC and LA most prominently are still dragging their feet). Maybe because it's a bad look or maybe because they're working on using the FBI's newer reporting methodology and they're big bureaucracies who take too long to make changes.

So yes, there have been issues with local and state reporting to the FBI so I understand that the numbers could be off. I played around with Crime Data Explorer and what I found for various states doesn't fit the statistics you provided.

The funny thing is is that your numbers exactly match, in order, what doneOLD has on a campaign website:
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/d66ba ... 57ca87d4ea

Coincidence? I think not.

doneOLD's data came from the DOJ's National Crime Victimization Survey not FBI.gov.

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

100% false.

Ive never even looked at Trump data or his website. Not a Trump guy
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BobsKKKat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:02 pm 100% false.

Ive never even looked at Trump data or his website. Not a Trump guy
You came up with the exact same data as doneOLD's campaign did using different data sources (FBI.gov vs the DOJ's National Crime Victimization Survey)?

Sorry but I'm not buying it or that oceanfront property in Glendive, MT.
Last edited by UNI88 on Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

The doneOLD campaign also disingenuously compares 2023 to 2020. COVID happened in 2020, crime was down. A more accurate comparison would be 2023 to 2019, the third year of both administrations. While still not flattering to biden/harris it paints a more accurate picture:
  • Total Violent Crime: up 7% (not 37%)
  • Rape: 0% change (not up 42%)
  • Robbery: up 37% (not 63%)
  • Assault: up 5% (not 34%)
  • Violent Crime (excluding simple assault) - up 19% (not 55%)
  • Domestic Violence: down 2% (not up 32%)
  • Stranger Violence: up 41% (not 61%)
  • Violent Crime (w/ injury): 0% change (not up 10%)
  • Violent Crime (w/ weapon): up 33% (not 56%)
  • Motor Vehicle Theft: up 56% (not 42%)

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:59 pm Don't know and certainly like to hear opinions. Some say the National Crime Victimization Survey (put out still by the government, but by the Bureau of Justice and administered by the Census Bureau) is a better barometer of crime statistics than the one the FBI puts out. Opinions?
I haven't really looked at either until bobsKKKat posted doneOLD's data. I don't have a strong opinion at this time but I would guess that both have their merits and neither is perfect.

The Nation's Two Crime Measures
The UCR Program’s primary objective is to provide a reliable set of criminal justice statistics for law enforcement administration, operation, and management. BJS established NCVS to provide previously unavailable information about crime (including crime not reported to police), victims, and offenders.
Because the number of households may not grow at the same rate each year as the total population, trend data for rates of property crimes measured by the two programs may not be comparable. In addition, some differences in the data from the two programs may result from sampling variation in NCVS and from estimating for nonresponse in UCR.

BJS derives the NCVS estimates from interviewing a sample. The estimates are subject to a margin of error. This error is known and is reflected in the standard error of the estimate. The UCR Program bases its data on the actual counts of offenses reported by law enforcement agencies. In some circumstances, the UCR Program estimates its data for nonparticipating agencies or those reporting partial data. Apparent discrepancies between statistics from the two programs can usually be accounted for by differences in definitions or procedures or resolved by comparing NCVS sampling variations (confidence intervals) of those crimes said to have been reported to police with UCR statistics.

Each program has unique strengths. UCR provides a measure of the number of crimes reported to law enforcement agencies throughout the country. The UCR SRS’s Supplementary Homicide Reports provide reliable, timely data on the extent and nature of homicides in the nation. In addition to providing annual point and change estimates on criminal victimization, NCVS is the primary source of information on the characteristics of criminal victimization incidents and on the number and types of crimes not reported to law enforcement authorities.
Source of doneOLD's and bobsKKKat's data: Criminal Victimization, 2023

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:15 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:59 pm Don't know and certainly like to hear opinions. Some say the National Crime Victimization Survey (put out still by the government, but by the Bureau of Justice and administered by the Census Bureau) is a better barometer of crime statistics than the one the FBI puts out. Opinions?
I haven't really looked at either until bobsKKKat posted doneOLD's data. I don't have a strong opinion at this time but I would guess that both have their merits and neither is perfect.

The Nation's Two Crime Measures
The UCR Program’s primary objective is to provide a reliable set of criminal justice statistics for law enforcement administration, operation, and management. BJS established NCVS to provide previously unavailable information about crime (including crime not reported to police), victims, and offenders.
Because the number of households may not grow at the same rate each year as the total population, trend data for rates of property crimes measured by the two programs may not be comparable. In addition, some differences in the data from the two programs may result from sampling variation in NCVS and from estimating for nonresponse in UCR.

BJS derives the NCVS estimates from interviewing a sample. The estimates are subject to a margin of error. This error is known and is reflected in the standard error of the estimate. The UCR Program bases its data on the actual counts of offenses reported by law enforcement agencies. In some circumstances, the UCR Program estimates its data for nonparticipating agencies or those reporting partial data. Apparent discrepancies between statistics from the two programs can usually be accounted for by differences in definitions or procedures or resolved by comparing NCVS sampling variations (confidence intervals) of those crimes said to have been reported to police with UCR statistics.

Each program has unique strengths. UCR provides a measure of the number of crimes reported to law enforcement agencies throughout the country. The UCR SRS’s Supplementary Homicide Reports provide reliable, timely data on the extent and nature of homicides in the nation. In addition to providing annual point and change estimates on criminal victimization, NCVS is the primary source of information on the characteristics of criminal victimization incidents and on the number and types of crimes not reported to law enforcement authorities.
Source of doneOLD's and bobsKKKat's data: Criminal Victimization, 2023
So it looks like violent and property fell significantly in 2023?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Another death Biden/Harris is responsible for:

Had multiple prior arrests in the US yet he was still here.
https://www.firstalert4.com/2024/09/23/ ... ers-death/
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Another in Dallas

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

Yep, crime is definitely up and the data shows that.

Wonder why the media is lying to people and pushing that its down? Weird