GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Trump vs Harris

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:58 am
Donald Trump abruptly canceled an interview on his economic plans with business channel CNBC, one of its anchors announced Tuesday. Joe Kernen, the conservative-leaning host of its flagship show Squawk Box, revealed the move during an interview with Charles Phillips, the Oracle chairman who is supporting Vice President Kamala Harris, saying “Trump canceled.” The interview had not previously been announced by either side. Sources told the Daily Beast that the network had invited Trump to an in-studio sit-down on Squawk Box to take place later this week and that his campaign had initially accepted. The show has three co-hosts. While Kernen is right-leaning and was named during Trump’s trial as one of a small number of contacts in his phone, one of the other co-hosts, Andrew Ross Sorkin, is also a New York Times journalist who has reported critically on the former president. The cancelation continues Trump’s policy of avoiding mainstream television interviews, which included ending his participation in a sitdown with CBS News’ 60 Minutes. Instead he has been interviewed repeatedly by friendly Fox News hosts including Maria Bartiromo, and appeared with podcasters including comedian Andrew Schultz. His public schedule said he would be interviewed Tuesday by Bloomberg before an address to the Economic Club of Chicago

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-tr ... squawk-box
Well, unfortunately the strategy could be working. He appears to have momentum in the race, the swing states appear to be even more narrow or even slightly tilting towards him, and the Harris campaign seems to see this as well as they appear to be doing things or agreeing to things that look a little desperate. The Trump strategy now appears to be do safe stuff and don't risk giving up the momentum. We're three weeks out from Election Day and there's a lot of voting already going on. It could work.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:18 am This is unequivocally true. Not to mention he’s the kind of businessman” you’d never want to partner with on anything.

:nod:

Oh my

K Puppet must be slipping in the polls, maybe if the Dems weren’t so pathetically lacking common sense they could take Trump down, they have no one to blame but themselves
Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

The retard is done, she SELECTED Pedo Walz as a running mate, proving she agrees with kids being raped and shes aiding in the promotion of it.

We are not the same.

The left is panicking so hard right now, the are trying to sell dementia and Russian lies again, they have nothing but puppet and pedo. Thank god in 4 weeks we get an adult back in charge of things and we can forget the last 4 years and move on to things that actually matter
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:14 am
Well, unfortunately the strategy could be working. He appears to have momentum in the race, the swing states appear to be even more narrow or even slightly tilting towards him, and the Harris campaign seems to see this as well as they appear to be doing things or agreeing to things that look a little desperate. The Trump strategy now appears to be do safe stuff and don't risk giving up the momentum. We're three weeks out from Election Day and there's a lot of voting already going on. It could work.
I mostly agree. The weird thing is social media and platforms like twitch blow the msm out of the water regarding not just follows but likes and reactions. It’s not as if Trump has taken his foot off the gas with the appearances he DOES choose which then get amplified via posts across all the platforms. If anything, he’s getting worse and less electable with his words.

I guess the wildcard here remains younger voters and turnout as well as older voter’s level of engagement on the socials. I remember years ago, the need to adapt new platforms as Facebook was becoming a grandparents platform.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Bobcat wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:39 am The retard is done, she SELECTED Pedo Walz as a running mate, proving she agrees with kids being raped and shes aiding in the promotion of it.

We are not the same.

The left is panicking so hard right now, the are trying to sell dementia and Russian lies again, they have nothing but puppet and pedo. Thank god in 4 weeks we get an adult back in charge of things and we can forget the last 4 years and move on to things that actually matter
Most level headed arguments begin with “The retard”.
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:58 am
Bobcat wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:39 am The retard is done, she SELECTED Pedo Walz as a running mate, proving she agrees with kids being raped and shes aiding in the promotion of it.

We are not the same.

Most level headed arguments begin with “The retard”.
The majority of America agrees with you, you will find that out again in 3 weeks
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:14 am

I have no idea how this election is going to go. There will be blocks of typically solid D or R voters that vote the other way but I don't know which ones or how many. It could be union members, black males, etc. not voting for harris or it could be military members and their families, rural voters, etc. not voting for trump.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Is she wrong?

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:57 am Oops. Someone could use a vacation.

Another lie.

There were 2 medical emergencies in the crowd. Keep lying we love it!
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:49 am

Is she wrong?
If her mouth is open its for two things, lying and advancing her career blowing power players. She breathes through her nose.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

What a bunch of BS. Trump didn’t appear lost or confused, and I was literally 20-30 feet from him. I don’t know how many thousands were packed in (local media says 5k attended) but the my guesstimate 200+ x 200+ 50k sq foot portioned off area had close to that. Maybe 1k folding chairs, 1k bleachers, and a couple k SRO for the town hall style format/rally moderated by Gov Kirsti Noem

Many people were in line AM hours through mid afternoon before going inside evening event (Didn’t open up security till about 2:30 PM). Outside concessions were sparse, inside was overwhelmed. Plus you didn’t want to drink too much because once you got post security inside there was long bathroom lines (was several dozens port o potties outside). That main area men’s bathroom only had 2 stalls and 2 urinals. Was another post security but was outside the main area. If you were in the folding chairs (maybe 1k) the rows were very close and was hard to get out). By 5 PMish it was jammed packed and started to ge a warm inside (was in the 60s outside, AC couldn’t keep up) Event was scheduled to start 6 PM but didn’t start till close to 7. Bottom line is people got dehydrated (I didn’t see anyone drinking alcohol). Heck I had 1 bottle of water in 7 1/2 hrs. About 30-40 min of Q&A before the 1st medical- fat guy on bleachers opposite of me (I was folding chairs 7 rows back, left of stage). Trump stopped talking while that guy was taken out on stretcher. Then he resumed with another question then the next medical happened- fat lady in the bleachers behind me. Watched Trump conferring with the head of the SS detail. Trump announced the SS didn’t want the giant bay doors (behind the bleachers) opened up for security reasons, but I think they would have had more medical issues if they continued the event and didn’t cool that place off. Shortly thereafter they opened 2 bay doors up, outdoors had dropped into the 50s, and place began to cool noticeably. By then was pushing 8 PM, and I guess Trump was fuck it, let’s listen to music (they had a kick ass sound system). I didn’t hear a single person complain about it going from a Q&A to a mini concert.While many people left during the 40 min little concert, a plurality stayed till the end. 8-10 songs ran the gauntlet from Ave Maria to G&R November Rain.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BobsKKKat wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:53 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:49 am

Is she wrong?
If her mouth is open its for two things, lying and advancing her career blowing power players. She breathes through her nose.
Nice job dodging the question.

Your hDS obsession with harris' sex life is noted.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:18 am This is unequivocally true. Not to mention he’s the kind of businessman” you’d never want to partner with on anything.

BS. Show me a business leader who wants what Harris has advocated for in the past:
-Expiration of the Trump tax cuts.
-70%+ top marginal rate.
-More than doubling the cap gains from 20 to 45%
-Tax on unrealized gains (which would cripple the market).
-Price controls
-Ban on fracking (which would send energy costs, and inflation soaring)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:58 am
Donald Trump abruptly canceled an interview on his economic plans with business channel CNBC, one of its anchors announced Tuesday. Joe Kernen, the conservative-leaning host of its flagship show Squawk Box, revealed the move during an interview with Charles Phillips, the Oracle chairman who is supporting Vice President Kamala Harris, saying “Trump canceled.” The interview had not previously been announced by either side. Sources told the Daily Beast that the network had invited Trump to an in-studio sit-down on Squawk Box to take place later this week and that his campaign had initially accepted. The show has three co-hosts. While Kernen is right-leaning and was named during Trump’s trial as one of a small number of contacts in his phone, one of the other co-hosts, Andrew Ross Sorkin, is also a New York Times journalist who has reported critically on the former president. The cancelation continues Trump’s policy of avoiding mainstream television interviews, which included ending his participation in a sitdown with CBS News’ 60 Minutes. Instead he has been interviewed repeatedly by friendly Fox News hosts including Maria Bartiromo, and appeared with podcasters including comedian Andrew Schultz. His public schedule said he would be interviewed Tuesday by Bloomberg before an address to the Economic Club of Chicago

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-tr ... squawk-box
60 Minutes has already proven themselves to be FAKE NEWS by selectively editing Commiela’s interview to make her look better. One of the BS excuses they gave was time constraints. BS. The entire unedited version (which still hasn’t been released) was allegedly 45 min long. The show is literally called 60 MINUTES. So they could fit the whole unedited version in there and still leave time for commercials.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:44 am

BS. Show me a business leader who wants what Harris has advocated for in the past:
-70%+ top marginal rate.
-Price controls
Goes to show just how bad the doneOLD's proposed tariffs and the uncertainty/instability that will come with his presidency worry business leaders.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:55 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:44 am
-70%+ top marginal rate.
-Price controls
Goes to show just how bad the doneOLD's proposed tariffs and the uncertainty/instability that will come with his presidency worry business leaders.
Trump rarely mentions tariffs without mentioning China in an adjoining sentence. Newsflash: Biden/Harris continued the Trump China tariffs.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Commiela does another Trump ad :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Good! Turnabout is fair play.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

The medical emergencies were plants by the CIA to interrupt Trumps rally and give opportunity for another shooter to act. This government/Harris is targeting civilians
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:55 am
60 Minutes has already proven themselves to be FAKE NEWS by selectively editing Commiela’s interview to make her look better. One of the BS excuses they gave was time constraints. BS. The entire unedited version (which still hasn’t been released) was allegedly 45 min long. The show is literally called 60 MINUTES. So they could fit the whole unedited version in there and still leave time for commercials.
FAKE NEWS CBS does it AGAIN!

If you edit the interview you are FAKE NEWS..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Bobcat wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:52 am

Another lie.

There were 2 medical emergencies in the crowd. Keep lying we love it!
Yep.

Even ABC debunked lying Commiela.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2024/10 ... e-n2180587
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:58 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:55 am Goes to show just how bad the doneOLD's proposed tariffs and the uncertainty/instability that will come with his presidency worry business leaders.
Trump rarely mentions tariffs without mentioning China in an adjoining sentence. Newsflash: Biden/Harris continued the Trump China tariffs.
A blanket tariff of 20% isn't just about China.

Trump’s Tariff Proposals Would Raise Tariff Rates to Great Depression-Era Levels
Former President Donald Trump’s proposals to impose a universal tariff of 20 percent and an additional tariff on Chinese imports of at least 60 percent would spike the average tariff rate on all imports to highs not seen since the Great Depression.
The Fiscal Impact of the Harris and Trump Campaign Plans