Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Trump vs Harris

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:32 am
kalm wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:10 am

I’m not sure campaigning with Cheney is all that valuable but like Walz, she seems to be fairly honest about her opinions.

It’s tough to like any politician but Walz is about close as you can get.

lol total lack of self-awareness from Timmy

Was Elon imitating Walz....
Impossible. Walz doesn’t have these kind of hops.

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Maybe someday these idiots in MSM will figure out every establishment politician that endorses Kamala just puts another shovel full of coal into Trump's boiler.

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Pwns wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 11:28 am Maybe someday these idiots in MSM will figure out every establishment politician that endorses Kamala just puts another shovel full of coal into Trump's boiler.

Now the mainstream media is trying to elect Trump? So hard to keep up with the back and forth with this.

IMO, no yelling from the rooftops that Trump is insane or Trump is Hitler or Trump wants total power is going to change anything, except possibly entrench Trump supporters in their dedication to vote for that buffoon. And it's pointless, because at the end of the day, no matter what Trump wants, he can't get total power. He couldn't get it in his first term and he won't get it in his second term. Luckily, for all of us, the Constitution and the checks and balances that reside in it have and will continue to stop Trump, and really any politician, from being able to grab total power.

If Trump is elected to a second term, and it's beginning to look ever more likely that he will be, one of the biggest reasons he will be elected again is of course due to the maniacal dedication of his supporters, but it will also be due to the ineffectual and fairly disastrous Biden administration that we're still living through. When your closing message in a campaign is that the other guy is a fascist, so vote for me, it's because the record of the administration you're running on isn't anywhere near good enough to run on. Maybe if Biden and the Dems had done the smart thing a few years ago, when it was clear that Biden was deteriorating, and either stepped down then or at least said he wasn't going to run for a second term, all of this could of been avoided. There could've been a real opportunity for Harris to govern in his stead and prove herself as a leader and separate herself from the poor Biden record. Or at a minimum there could've been a real Democratic primary with real contenders and there could be a real shift away from the policies and outcomes of the Biden administration.

Like I've said before, history books we get to read 30-40 years from now looking back on the Biden White House will be fascinating to read, from who was really pulling the power strings in this administration and why those folks behind the scenes felt like they could keep the good times rolling by allowing Biden to go for a second term. Giving Trump any momentum in this race, which is what they did by letting Biden walk out there to that disastrous debate back in June, and then hamstringing your own candidate by changing horses mid-race (which they had to do) and try running with little time to campaign, will not be something future campaigns will emulate.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 11:44 am
Pwns wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 11:28 am Maybe someday these idiots in MSM will figure out every establishment politician that endorses Kamala just puts another shovel full of coal into Trump's boiler.

Now the mainstream media is trying to elect Trump? So hard to keep up with the back and forth with this.

IMO, no yelling from the rooftops that Trump is insane or Trump is Hitler or Trump wants total power is going to change anything, except possibly entrench Trump supporters in their dedication to vote for that buffoon. And it's pointless, because at the end of the day, no matter what Trump wants, he can't get total power. He couldn't get it in his first term and he won't get it in his second term. Luckily, for all of us, the Constitution and the checks and balances that reside in it have and will continue to stop Trump, and really any politician, from being able to grab total power.

If Trump is elected to a second term, and it's beginning to look ever more likely that he will be, one of the biggest reasons he will be elected again is of course due to the maniacal dedication of his supporters, but it will also be due to the ineffectual and fairly disastrous Biden administration that we're still living through. When your closing message in a campaign is that the other guy is a fascist, so vote for me, it's because the record of the administration you're running on isn't anywhere near good enough to run on. Maybe if Biden and the Dems had done the smart thing a few years ago, when it was clear that Biden was deteriorating, and either stepped down then or at least said he wasn't going to run for a second term, all of this could of been avoided. There could've been a real opportunity for Harris to govern in his stead and prove herself as a leader and separate herself from the poor Biden record. Or at a minimum there could've been a real Democratic primary with real contenders and there could be a real shift away from the policies and outcomes of the Biden administration.

Like I've said before, history books we get to read 30-40 years from now looking back on the Biden White House will be fascinating to read, from who was really pulling the power strings in this administration and why those folks behind the scenes felt like they could keep the good times rolling by allowing Biden to go for a second term. Giving Trump any momentum in this race, which is what they did by letting Biden walk out there to that disastrous debate back in June, and then hamstringing your own candidate by changing horses mid-race (which they had to do) and try running with little time to campaign, will not be something future campaigns will emulate.
They knew exactly what they were doing by sending Joey the Rotten out there for that debate in June …

I was shocked when NBC, taking the lead from the fox interview, asked Scamala when did she first notice Jo Jo’s mental decline, her painful struggle through the lying response she gave is a must see

She’s so bad even the fourth estate is starting to ask her real questions…. Shocking
Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

She is definitely embarrassing.

I love how she locked up when the entire crowd at her rally started chanting Donald trump. She didn't know what do do or say Thats who you want running the world when she starts WW3! They cant hand her the nuclear codes fast enough for my liking. :roll:
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Why did 198 democrats vote against a bill requiring proof of US citizenship to vote?

Lying cheating scum
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

Because they are cheating in Arizona, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia and Wisconsin. It happening right now, before the election and the media is covering it up.

There is only one reason to NOT want voter ID.

Its also fine with me if we don't have to show IDs, but lets make it universal and stop demanding it for law enforcement, the IRS, at airports, liquor and gun stores, hospitals and banks then.
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

Walz just broke the law while voting with his political prop. Lock him up
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

^ quite a bit of advanced excuse for losing making going on right here. :lol:
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

Also when the next woman comes out that "Trump raped 40 years ago" shockingly timed before this election.

1. I don't believer her
2. Its AI
3. She should be thrown in prison for a minimum of 5 years. Video proof to get out
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:24 pm
Pence is not running for President
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

CBS’s coverage of the Trump and Commiela campaigns from Monday. Not the Onion or Babylon Bee. CBS continues to prove they are nothing more than Pravda for the left.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Commiela inciting violence against Trump. If you honestly believe someone is Hitler, you should want them dead.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Elon is spot on.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 7:02 am A must read regarding character, sacrifice, and honor.
I’ve also previously reported on Trump’s 2017 Memorial Day visit to Arlington National Cemetery. Kelly, who was then the secretary of homeland security, accompanied him. The two men visited Section 60, the 14-acre section that is the burial ground for those killed in America’s most recent wars (and the site of Trump’s Arlington controversy earlier this year). Kelly’s son Robert, a Marine officer killed in 2010 in Afghanistan, is buried in Section 60. Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?” At first, Kelly believed that Trump was making a reference to the selflessness of America’s all-volunteer force. But later he came to realize that Trump simply does not understand nontransactional life choices. I quoted one of Kelly’s friends, a fellow retired four-star general, who said of Trump, “He can’t fathom the idea of doing something for someone other than himself. He just thinks that anyone who does anything when there’s no direct personal gain to be had is a sucker.” At moments when Kelly was feeling particularly frustrated by Trump, he would leave the White House and cross the Potomac to visit his son’s grave, in part to remind himself about the nature of full-measure sacrifice.

Last year Kelly told me, in reference to Mark Milley’s 44 years in uniform, “The president couldn’t fathom people who served their nation honorably.”

The specific incident I reported in the 2020 article that gained the most attention also provided the story with its headline—“Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers.’” The story concerned a visit Trump made to France in 2018, during which the president called Americans buried in a World War I cemetery “losers.” He said, in the presence of aides, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” At another moment during this trip, he referred to the more than 1,800 Marines who had lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for dying for their country.

Trump had already been scheduled to visit one cemetery, and he did not understand why his team was scheduling a second cemetery visit, especially considering that the rain would be hard on his hair. “Why two cemeteries?” Trump asked. “What the fuck?” Kelly subsequently canceled the second visit, and attended a ceremony there himself with General Dunford and their wives.

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Joseph Dunford visit the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery and Memorial in Belleau, France, in November 2018. (Shealah Craighead / White House)
The article sparked great controversy, and provoked an irate reaction from the Trump administration, and from Trump himself. In tweets, statements, and press conferences in the days, weeks, and years that followed, Trump labeled The Atlantic a “second-rate magazine,” a “failing magazine,” a “terrible magazine,” and a “third-rate magazine that’s not going to be in business much longer”; he also referred to me as a “con man,” among other things. Trump has continued these attacks recently, calling me a “horrible, radical-left lunatic named Goldberg” at a rally this summer.

In the days after my original article was published, both the Associated Press and, notably, Fox News, confirmed the story, causing Trump to demand that Fox fire Jennifer Griffin, its experienced and well-regarded defense reporter. A statement issued by Alyssa Farah, a White House spokesperson, soon after publication read, “This report is false. President Trump holds the military in the highest regard.”

Shortly after the story appeared, Farah asked numerous White House officials if they had heard Trump refer to veterans and war dead as suckers or losers. She reported publicly that none of the officials she asked had heard him use these terms. Eventually, Farah came out in opposition to Trump. She wrote on X last year that she’d asked the president if my story was true. “Trump told me it was false. That was a lie.”

When I spoke to Farah, who is now known as Alyssa Farah Griffin, this week, she said, “I understood that people were skeptical about the ‘suckers and losers’ story, and I was in the White House pushing back against it. But he said this to John Kelly’s face, and I fundamentally, absolutely believe that John Kelly is an honorable man who served our country and who loves and respects our troops. I’ve heard Donald Trump speak in a dehumanizing way about so many groups. After working for him in 2020 and hearing his continuous attacks on service members since that time, including my former boss General Mark Milley, I firmly and unequivocally believe General Kelly’s account.”

(Pfeiffer, the Trump spokesperson, said, in response, “Alyssa is a scorned former employee now lying in her pursuit to chase liberal adulation. President Trump would never insult our nation’s heroes.”)

Last year, I published a story in this magazine about Milley that coincided with the end of his four-year term. In it, I detailed his tumultuous relationship with Trump. Milley had resisted Trump’s autocratic urges, and also argued against his many thoughtless and impetuous national-security impulses. Shortly after that story appeared, Trump publicly suggested that Milley be executed for treason. This astonishing statement caused John Kelly to speak publicly about Trump and his relationship to the military. Kelly, who had previously called Trump “the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,” told CNN’s Jake Tapper that Trump had referred to American prisoners of war as “suckers” and described as “losers” soldiers who died while fighting for their country.

“What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly asked. “A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs, are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’ A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family—for all Gold Star families—on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.”

When we spoke this week, Kelly told me, “President Trump used the terms suckers and losers to describe soldiers who gave their lives in the defense of our country. There are many, many people who have heard him say these things. The visit to France wasn’t the first time he said this.”

Kelly and others have taken special note of the revulsion Trump feels in the presence of wounded veterans. After Trump attended a Bastille Day parade in France, he told Kelly and others that he would like to stage his own parade in Washington, but without the presence of wounded veterans. “I don’t want them,” Trump said. “It doesn’t look good for me.”

Milley also witnessed Trump’s disdain for the wounded. Milley had chosen a severely wounded Army captain, Luis Avila, to sing “God Bless America” at his installation ceremony in 2019. Avila, who had completed five combat tours, had lost a leg in an improvised-explosive-device attack in Afghanistan, and had suffered two heart attacks, two strokes, and brain damage as a result of his injuries. Avila is considered a hero up and down the ranks of the Army.

It had rained earlier on the day of the ceremony, and the ground was soft; at one point Avila’s wheelchair almost toppled over. Milley’s wife, Holly­anne, ran to help Avila, as did then–Vice President Mike Pence. After Avila’s performance, Trump walked over to congratulate him, but then said to Milley, within earshot of several witnesses, “Why do you bring people like that here? No one wants to see that, the wounded.” Never let Avila appear in public again, Trump told Milley.

An equally serious challenge to Milley’s sense of duty came in the form of Trump’s ignorance of the rules of war. In November 2019, Trump intervened in three different brutality cases then being adjudicated by the military. In the most infamous case, the Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher had been found guilty of posing with the corpse of an ISIS member. Though Gallagher was found not guilty of murder, witnesses testified that he’d stabbed the prisoner in the neck with a hunting knife. In a highly unusual move, Trump reversed the Navy’s decision to demote him. A junior Army officer named Clint Lorance was also the recipient of Trump’s sympathy. Trump pardoned Lorance, who had been convicted of ordering the shooting of three unarmed Afghans, two of whom died. And in a third case, a Green Beret named Mathew Golsteyn was accused of killing an unarmed Afghan he thought was a Taliban bomb maker. “I stuck up for three great warriors against the deep state,” Trump said at a Florida rally.

In the Gallagher case, Trump intervened to allow Gallagher to keep his Trident insignia, one of the most coveted insignia in the entire U.S. military. The Navy’s leadership found this intervention particularly offensive because tradition held that only a commanding officer or a group of SEALs on a Trident Review Board were supposed to decide who merited being a SEAL. Milley tried to convince Trump that his intrusion was hurting Navy morale. They were flying from Washington to Dover Air Force Base, in Delaware, to attend a “dignified transfer,” a repatriation ceremony for fallen service members, when Milley tried to explain to Trump the damage that his interventions were doing.

In my story, I reported that Milley said, “Mr. President, you have to understand that the SEALs are a tribe within a larger tribe, the Navy. And it’s up to them to figure out what to do with Gallagher. You don’t want to intervene. This is up to the tribe. They have their own rules that they follow.”

Trump called Gallagher a hero and said he didn’t understand why he was being punished.

“Because he slit the throat of a wounded prisoner,” Milley said.

“The guy was going to die anyway,” Trump said.

Milley answered, “Mr. President, we have military ethics and laws about what happens in battle. We can’t do that kind of thing. It’s a war crime.” Trump said he didn’t understand “the big deal.” He went on, “You guys”—meaning combat soldiers—“are all just killers. What’s the difference?”

Milley then summoned one of his aides, a combat-veteran SEAL officer, to the president’s Air Force One office. Milley took hold of the Trident pin on the SEAL’s chest and asked him to describe its importance. The aide explained to Trump that, by tradition, only SEALs can decide, based on assessments of competence and character, whether one of their own should lose his pin. But the president’s mind was not changed. Gallagher kept his pin.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... er/680327/
Mark Meadows
I was in the discussions featured in the Atlantic’s latest hit piece against President Trump. Let me say this: Any suggestion that President Trump disparaged Ms. Guillen or refused to pay for her funeral expenses is absolutely false.

He was nothing but kind, gracious, and wanted to make sure that the military and the U.S. government did right by Vanessa Guillen and her family."
https://redstate.com/beccalower/2024/10 ... r-n2180984
Nick Ayer’s, Pence Chief of Staff:

U.S. Army Lt. Gen. (ret.) Keith Kellogg, national security advisor to both Trump and Pence in the WH

So either Gen Kelley is a liar, or Gen Kellogg is a liar. They both can’t be telling the truth.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:59 pm Elon is spot on.
Has Trump denied the Hitler allegations or denounced Hitler?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:30 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:24 pm
Pence is not running for President
I’m so happy with how close you got here.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 11:44 am

:rofl: Says the guy who's voting for an even bigger buffoon. Can't make this up if I tried.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Totally ignored the young man’s question.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Lol she gave the Kalm answer.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

“How will you be different from Biden?”
Commiela: “My mom died of cancer”
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »