2010 Preview Thread

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
ToTheLeft
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Liberty University

2010 Preview Thread

Post by ToTheLeft »

Can we get an overall look at teams next year, so we can all know what to look for as the offseason progresses and we get ready for the preseason polls and predictions to start in 7 or 8 months :)

Just post about your team, and other teams you know about, and give a general synopsis of who's staying, who's leaving, who's incoming, and what changes to expect, along with your biased expectations for your team.

For example... Liberty isn't losing much, only a couple of players that need to be replaced on either side of the ball. Biggest loss is probably Wes Cheek, the linebacker, but other than that, no huge losses other than offensive line, which is never a huge issue with the strength program we have.

We return Mike Brown, conference offensive player of the year, who will be moving from WR/RB/KR/PR/Wildcat QB to full-time QB this year, and if his game against Lafayette was any indication of his skill at QB, and with a year of practice under center, I'm pretty sure he's going to be amazing. A whole stable of RB's, including Korey Davis from UMass who transferred in last year and will be eligible this year, will provide for a killer running game, especially with a VERY mobile QB handing the ball off. We'll have a very Vince Young Era- Texas/Tebow era Florida style offense in the sense that you'll never really know where the ball is going on any given play.

I think you can expect a Big South Championship and a playoff bid for LU this year. We get our toughest competition at home, so I think we'll hold serve and be able to clinch a playoff spot. I think LU is one of the 10-15 best teams going into next year, with SBU as a borderline top 25 team.
BigApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Appalachian
A.K.A.: Thread Killer

Re: 2010 Preview Thread

Post by BigApp »

well, looking at their schedule, Montana has secured the #1 seed again next year
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

ImageImage

Follow Barack Obama's Teleprompter Blog http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Re: 2010 Preview Thread

Post by D1B »

BigApp wrote:well, looking at their schedule, Montana has secured the #1 seed again next year

Big Lie + NAIA + 2 DII = Homefield throughout + asswhipping in semis or final :thumb:
"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008