QUESTION???

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
sfajack05
I am a fan of: SFA

Re: QUESTION???

Post by sfajack05 »

CatMom wrote:ANSWER!

The SLC will be in and out of the playoffs before you can finish a good bottle of Jack Daniels. SFA may be ranked high but I'm afraid they, again, will be exposed when they go up against a good, all-around team.
I don't know Catmom. SFA people love their alcohol and I know a couple that could finish a good bottle before the end of the game.
AxeEmJacks

Post by AxeEmJacks »

FWJack wrote:Well, in fairness, it is homecoming weekend. I didn't try to get a hotel this year, but last year I had hell trying to find one and the wife and I ended up at a little bed & breakfast place that turned out to be real nice. But hotels go real quick.

As far as the seeding goes. If SFA wins out. I think they get a seed. Keep in mind, in these attendance numbers, SFA hasn't had there homecoming yet and that will provide a significant boost to avg. attendance. Also, I'm pretty sure that I read in another post in this forum, that SFA has an avg of over 10K so far this year.
I think that the attendance may be inflated a bit because of the Lamar game. People were parked up and down University Drive but I have the sneaking suspicion that they were mostly Lamar fans.
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

FWJack,

I don't subscribe to lying. I wanted to go to this game, even if I had to go alone. However, I was not about to drive 5 hours, hit the game, and have to drive 5 hours back. I went to every damn site for hotels in and around Nac. There were no rooms!!!

The SLC has historically not done well in the playoffs. It's not an SFA hate thing...it's the reality of the SLC in the playoffs. Don't be so sensitive.
kiss my axe

Post by kiss my axe »

catmom.

There are still hotels in nac available for saturday. I have a friend that just booked this for this weekend. I just went to hotels.com to double check.

if not, as fw jack said, there are quite a few B&Bs in town, and they really don't run that high.

But, 5 hours to come to nac-ho-nowhere might not be that inviting, especially since it's homecoming here. I've always hated traveling to others homecoming games. But, I guess I'm just cranky, and don't enjoy them as much as other games. I might not even go to this one due to my hate of homecoming.
McNeese75
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: McNeese State

Post by McNeese75 »

clenz wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Attendance has nothing to do with seed assignments.

That being said, I don't think any Big Sky team has much shot at a seed. I'm guessing several teams would have to lose and/or a couple would have to lose twice.
If they have a choice to make between Montana or SFA for a seed I can promise you Montana gets the seed.

SFA is only averaging about 9K per home game. IF push comes to shove the team with the higher attendance gets the seed
BS, you were saying the same thing in 2007 about Montana getting the #2 seed over McNeese because of the blah blah blah BSC being so strong vs the SLC. The committee did not agree with you then and I doubt they will this year either if SFA goes through the rest of the season clean.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

McNeese75 wrote:
clenz wrote: If they have a choice to make between Montana or SFA for a seed I can promise you Montana gets the seed.

SFA is only averaging about 9K per home game. IF push comes to shove the team with the higher attendance gets the seed
BS, you were saying the same thing in 2007 about Montana getting the #2 seed over McNeese because of the blah blah blah BSC being so strong vs the SLC. The committee did not agree with you then and I doubt they will this year either if SFA goes through the rest of the season clean.
Exactly (although Montana won't be in the mix for a seed, anyway, so this example is a moot point). Don't forget that even Colgate got a seed in 2003, though the committee might have changed their minds if they'd known the Raiders would stop bidding on home games.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

McNeese75 wrote:
clenz wrote: If they have a choice to make between Montana or SFA for a seed I can promise you Montana gets the seed.

Really? I was saying that?

Care to provide a quote?

Oh, whats that? You fucking can't because I didn't say it? What a fucking shock.
FWJack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: SFA Lumberjacks

Post by FWJack »

CatMom wrote:FWJack,

I don't subscribe to lying. I wanted to go to this game, even if I had to go alone. However, I was not about to drive 5 hours, hit the game, and have to drive 5 hours back. I went to every damn site for hotels in and around Nac. There were no rooms!!!

The SLC has historically not done well in the playoffs. It's not an SFA hate thing...it's the reality of the SLC in the playoffs. Don't be so sensitive.
um...I didn't say you were. I was simply trying to point out that hotel rooms might actually not be available. No worries, just wanted to clarify.
CatMom
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Texas St & Tight Ends
A.K.A.: CatMILF

Post by CatMom »

FWJack wrote:
CatMom wrote:FWJack,

um...I didn't say you were. I was simply trying to point out that hotel rooms might actually not be available. No worries, just wanted to clarify.
Well hells bells, I forgot about hotels.com, as pointed out above. I went to google, put in Nacogdoches hotels (or something similar) then went to each site, per the map (that shows up) Knew the Fredonia was out of my price range and you can't book it online anyway. Guess I was too frustrated to try (think about) hotels.com, or priceline or those type sites :facepalm:
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

McNeese75 wrote:

McNeese had an FBS win

Plus getting blown up in that game (and their home game last year, and SFA last year, and TxSt the year before,etc) probably isn't doing them any favors with the committee long term
McNeese75
Level1
Level1

Post by McNeese75 »

clenz wrote:
McNeese75 wrote:
Really? I was saying that?

Care to provide a quote?

Oh, whats that? You **** can't because I didn't say it? What a **** shock.
"you" was in reference to Griz fans *** wipe. My mistake, I gave you credit for wearing Maroon (instead of purple)
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

McNeese75 wrote:
clenz wrote: Really? I was saying that?

Care to provide a quote?

Oh, whats that? You **** can't because I didn't say it? What a **** shock.
"you" was in reference to Griz fans *** wipe
Ah, so you quote me, tell me what I said, even though I didn't say it...then lump me into the Montana fan base, trying to cover your ass and then call me an ass wipe.

Yep, I'm the ass wipe

:dunce:
Last edited by clenz on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McNeese75
Level1
Level1

Post by McNeese75 »

Big of you to admit it
DG Cowboy
I am a fan of: McNeese
A.K.A.: bayouace

Post by DG Cowboy »

Agree with Cat Mom that the lack of recent SLC playoff success hurts our AQ. Has any team other than Tx St, Sam and McNeese made a run at least to the semis in the 2000's? I don't recall any. :(
Apparently anything can happen today. Mark Twain
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

:rofl: @ SFA. Gave up a 24-0 lead in the 4th!? Wow...

I guess the Question was answered today. :|
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

Post by EWURanger »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:SO WOULD EWU BE A LOCK OR CLOSE TO IT TO GET A SEED IF WE WON OUT!!!?????

Seriously though, what does every one think our odds are if we win out to get a seed? :D
I think the committee would rather give it to a team that would get more than 10k for home playoff games. Seriously.
:hide:
I think we'd have decent attendance for any potential play-off games. Probably not 10k, but that's probably not a lot different than many teams.

BTW, a lot of shit has to happen for us to win-out.......I'm concerned with PSU at the moment.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

:rolf:

Wait...FUCK YOU ASSHOLES...WAY TO FUCK IT UP FOR UNI...YOU ARE NO LONGER A "QUALITY LOSS". THANKS FOR FUCKING THAT HAND OUT UP.
FWJack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: SFA Lumberjacks

Post by FWJack »

Pretty effing sick about this. Good teams put bad teams away...TXST put us away in the 4th.

Congratulations Bobcats.