4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: Coronavirus

Post by CAA Flagship »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:36 pm
dbackjon wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:29 am

Oh bullshit.

The Trumptards are the ones that are a complete joke. You can't even grasp what the complaint about the travel restrictions were - Trump only restricted Chinese nationals on Direct flights.

He didn't restrict Americans coming back (which is how it got to Washington State). He didn't restrict Chinese coming via another country. It was a worthless travel ban.
Wrong dumb ass. He banned ANY FOREIGN NATIONAL who had travel to China within 14 days.
Any returning USC or green cardholders who had been in China other than Hubei province were asked to voluntarily self quarantine for 14 days.
Any returning USC or green cardholders who had been to Hubei province were mandatory quarantined for 14 days.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/31/2111 ... zens-china
Jon getting his ass handed to him again. :ohno: :ohno:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

By the way, voluntary and mandatory self quarantines are hilariously ineffective.

Delaware's entire electronic highway message system is flashing various messages, such as:

1. OUT OF STATE RESIDENTS: MANDATORY 14 DAY QUARANTINE
2. DELAWARE BEACHES CLOSED
3. PRACTICE COVID COURTESY, WASH HANDS FREQUENTLY, MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE

Apparently that doesn't stop the flood of New Jersey and New York plates heading to the beach. I see it everyday as I have to travel the length of the state North/South for medical treatment. And I damn well know these people aren't quarantining themselves. They're walking the streets of the beaches since they can't actually go on the beach. And they're frequenting businesses and bringing their New York fungus with them and spreading it to us. And we don't have all the hospital beds and ventilators that New York is whining about.

I've developed an even more intense hate of New Yorkers (and their New Jersey cousins) from this thing. Fuck them all.
Last edited by 93henfan on Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

If there is one thing I was afraid of from this pandemic, it was that people might (temporarily) stop pointing fingers at each other and bickering about the same stupid partisan shit :lol:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:48 am

It begins...
OK Spanos
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:45 am
CID1990 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:13 pm
Under no circumstances do we restrict American citizens from returning home - as a matter of longstanding policy

I suppose Trump could have tried it but you’d be screaming about that right now if he had. Especially since most of those returning USCs are brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did I say to? We could have quarantined them like we are now. Point is, Trumptards screaming "he banned Chinese" is the proverbial closing the barn door after the livestock are all out. Window dressing to make the Cultists think Trump was doing something
Refer to my previous post. We did ban foreign nationals who'd been to China.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:52 pm

It begins...
OK Spanos
So it's been proven where it originated with 100% certainty? Link?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:16 am
bobbythekidd wrote: It's pretty easy to lose your command on an aircraft carrier. I did two floats on an aircraft carrier for helicopters and both times the CO was relieved. One for running aground on a reef (he was asleep when it happened) and I don't know what the second one did.

Funny story, the one that hit the reef sent all the aircraft in the air then ordered all the Marines aboard to the flight deck. Then made them run from one side to the other in an attempt to rock the ship off the reef. :roll: The tide rising was the solution.

They are a capitol ships and very much in the spotlight. One has to do everything perfectly to advance.
Exactly

You take care of your people but you do it quietly... within channels

you don’t announce to the entire world in the middle of a deterrent patrol in the Pacific Ocean that you are taking your capital ship offline and the Dept of the Navy should come bail you out

He’s a good leader for looking out for his crew but he hazarded a warship and was rightfully relieved

It should not preclude him receiving another command (but it will)

Yep, his career is effectively done. He does keep his rank, and will probably soon retire from the Navy.

Democrats:
In a statement, a group of top Democrats on the House Armed Services Committee sharply criticized the decision to remove Crozier.

“The dismissal of Captain Crozier at this critical moment, as the sailors aboard the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt are confronted with the COVID-19 pandemic, is a reckless, political move that reeks of undue command influence," read the statement from chairman Rep. Adam Smith of Washington, subcommittee chairs Rep. Joe Courtney of Connecticut, Rep. John Garamendi of California and Rep. Jackie Speier of California.

Former Vice President Joe Biden also blasted the Navy's acting secretary in a statement, saying that he "shot the messenger — a commanding officer who was faithful to both his national security mission and his duty to care for his sailors, and who rightly focused attention on a broader concern about how to maintain military readiness during this pandemic."
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/n ... 9-n1175351
Besides Biden being a lawyer/career politician who never served in the military,
Rep. Joe Courtney- lawyer who never served in the military.
Rep Adam Smith-lawyer who never served in the military.
Rep. John Garamendi- never served in the military.
Rep. Jackie Speier - lawyer who never served in the military.

Scary- these people sit on the House Armed Services committee, and are obviously pretty clueless as to how the military operates..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:09 am
SDHornet wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:34 am

Eh, I think a considerable amount of small businesses are going to be gone for good because of this. Will they be replaced by other small businesses? Maybe. I hope I'm wrong but I just have a hard time seeing your local mom and pop shop staying around with 2+ months of downtime.
Plenty of immigrants to take their place :nod:

It seems like the majority of small businesses around me are immigrant owned
So its fuck the American owners of those mom and pops? How caring of you. :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

It begins...
I doubt it...But that would be the mother of all cover ups.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:13 pm
CID1990 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:16 am
Exactly

You take care of your people but you do it quietly... within channels

you don’t announce to the entire world in the middle of a deterrent patrol in the Pacific Ocean that you are taking your capital ship offline and the Dept of the Navy should come bail you out

He’s a good leader for looking out for his crew but he hazarded a warship and was rightfully relieved

It should not preclude him receiving another command (but it will)

Yep, his career is effectively done. He does keep his rank, and will probably soon retire from the Navy.

Democrats:
In a statement, a group of top Democrats on the House Armed Services Committee sharply criticized the decision to remove Crozier.

“The dismissal of Captain Crozier at this critical moment, as the sailors aboard the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt are confronted with the COVID-19 pandemic, is a reckless, political move that reeks of undue command influence," read the statement from chairman Rep. Adam Smith of Washington, subcommittee chairs Rep. Joe Courtney of Connecticut, Rep. John Garamendi of California and Rep. Jackie Speier of California.

Former Vice President Joe Biden also blasted the Navy's acting secretary in a statement, saying that he "shot the messenger — a commanding officer who was faithful to both his national security mission and his duty to care for his sailors, and who rightly focused attention on a broader concern about how to maintain military readiness during this pandemic."
Besides Biden being a lawyer/career politician who never served in the military,

Scary- these people sit on the House Armed Services committee, and are obviously pretty clueless as to how the military operates..
I’ll leave it up to the military police their own but if IRCC, the Iroquois confederacy (or at least one the tribes) required women to be on their war councils. Probably for obvious reasons.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:40 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:13 pm

Democrats:

I’ll leave it up to the military police their own but if IRCC, the Iroquois confederacy (or at least one the tribes) required women to be on their war councils. Probably for obvious reasons.
I'm not in the military, and no one in my family has been either (wife's side has plenty). I'll leave it up to them. The guy had the right intentions (look out for the health and well being of those he's in charge of), but he also probably went about it the wrong way. I don't like these things blowing up into political things as this did (I cringed when Biden used the catchphrase "speaking truth to power"), I'd rather the military handle their business, keep their members safe, and keep the country safe.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Silenoz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:49 pm If there is one thing I was afraid of from this pandemic, it was that people might (temporarily) stop pointing fingers at each other and bickering about the same stupid partisan shit :lol:
Oh no... no no... you're mistaken
We've already confidently established that this is absolutely NOT a political rhetoric forum
everything here is helpful well-informed information

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

93henfan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:55 pm
dbackjon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:52 pm

OK Spanos
Shouldn't you be replying to SDHornet with that same question?
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:49 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:40 pm

I'm not in the military, and no one in my family has been either (wife's side has plenty). I'll leave it up to them. The guy had the right intentions (look out for the health and well being of those he's in charge of), but he also probably went about it the wrong way. I don't like these things blowing up into political things as this did (I cringed when Biden used the catchphrase "speaking truth to power"), I'd rather the military handle their business, keep their members safe, and keep the country safe.
That can't be done if they don't listen to their own people.
Go Black Bears!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Did any of these people that don't know how they got COVID-19, catch it while staying the Fuck home?

Asking for a friend.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

mainejeff wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:18 pm
93henfan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:55 pm

No. His link says "scientists don't rule out".

If Dback is going to call him "Spandos", then we need proof that it didn't happen.

For instance, when somebody says that we didn't land on the moon, then you just point them to proof that we did, like the reflectors that were left on the moon that scientists use for experiments, etc.

Where's the proof that this wasn't a Chinese coverup?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 pm
dbackjon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:09 am

Plenty of immigrants to take their place :nod:

It seems like the majority of small businesses around me are immigrant owned
So its fuck the American owners of those mom and pops? How caring of you. :ohno:
Capitalism, Baby!!

Oh, you know who else never served? Donald "Bone Spurs" Trump
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

93henfan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:30 pm
mainejeff wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:18 pm

If Dback is going to call him "Spandos", then we need proof that it didn't happen.

For instance, when somebody says that we didn't land on the moon, then you just point them to proof that we did, like the reflectors that were left on the moon that scientists use for experiments, etc.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 175442.htm

Scripps Research Institute
Summary:
An analysis of public genome sequence data from SARS-CoV-2 and related viruses found no evidence that the virus was made in a laboratory or otherwise engineered.

The analysis of public genome sequence data from SARS-CoV-2 and related viruses found no evidence that the virus was made in a laboratory or otherwise engineered.

"By comparing the available genome sequence data for known coronavirus strains, we can firmly determine that SARS-CoV-2 originated through natural processes," said Kristian Andersen, PhD, an associate professor of immunology and microbiology at Scripps Research and corresponding author on the paper.

In addition to Andersen, authors on the paper, "The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2," include Robert F. Garry, of Tulane University; Edward Holmes, of the University of Sydney; Andrew Rambaut, of University of Edinburgh; W. Ian Lipkin, of Columbia University.

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that can cause illnesses ranging widely in severity. The first known severe illness caused by a coronavirus emerged with the 2003 Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) epidemic in China. A second outbreak of severe illness began in 2012 in Saudi Arabia with the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-new-co ... -for-years

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

You know, Science and shit. The thing that Republicans think doesn't exist
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Pwns wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:15 am https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 62876.html

Glad we're focused on important things like the social issue views of charity orgs.
Libtards. I'd like to see them turn down the 6 tractor trailer loads of bigoted PPE and supplies...I'm sure there are plenty of other cities & states that would gladly accept it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:13 pm
Silenoz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:49 pm If there is one thing I was afraid of from this pandemic, it was that people might (temporarily) stop pointing fingers at each other and bickering about the same stupid partisan shit :lol:
Oh no... no no... you're mistaken
We've already confidently established that this is absolutely NOT a political rhetoric forum
everything here is helpful well-informed information

:coffee:
Compared to other social media and comment sections it actually is.

Eastern Washington Fly Fishing Facebook group regarding statewide closure of recreational fishing:

‘Well this sucks but I understand. In the mean time let’s all be safe, help those in need, tie up some flies, and show some cool pics and videos of fishing until we can go again.’

Eastern Washington Fishing Facebook page:

‘Fuck Inslee!!!!!!! Fuck that communist!!!!!! I seen (not an exaggeration I’ve literally read the phrase “I seen” at least three times in the last week) someone out on a lake yesterday. I won’t say where but I’m goin tomorrow and they can’t stop me! I ain’t renewing my license either!!!!!!!!!AAAAAARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!”

Evidently at least half the people in this state are subsistence fisherman........of hatchery raised trout and salmon or non-native species like walleye and it’s written into the constitution.

:lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:35 pm
93henfan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:30 pm

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 175442.htm

Scripps Research Institute
Summary:
An analysis of public genome sequence data from SARS-CoV-2 and related viruses found no evidence that the virus was made in a laboratory or otherwise engineered.

The analysis of public genome sequence data from SARS-CoV-2 and related viruses found no evidence that the virus was made in a laboratory or otherwise engineered.

"By comparing the available genome sequence data for known coronavirus strains, we can firmly determine that SARS-CoV-2 originated through natural processes," said Kristian Andersen, PhD, an associate professor of immunology and microbiology at Scripps Research and corresponding author on the paper.

In addition to Andersen, authors on the paper, "The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2," include Robert F. Garry, of Tulane University; Edward Holmes, of the University of Sydney; Andrew Rambaut, of University of Edinburgh; W. Ian Lipkin, of Columbia University.

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that can cause illnesses ranging widely in severity. The first known severe illness caused by a coronavirus emerged with the 2003 Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) epidemic in China. A second outbreak of severe illness began in 2012 in Saudi Arabia with the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).
Methinks you didn't read the Washington Post article that SDH posted. The issue isn't that it might be man-made. In fact, the article says nobody of substance, including US Government intelligence and medical experts, believe that.

The article simply wonders if the release of the bat coronavirus could have been an accident by the Chinese.

Since you didn't read the article and simply had an instant name-calling twitch when you saw the headline, I'll quote a portion for your lazy ass:
To be clear: U.S. intelligence officials think there’s no evidence whatsoever that the coronavirus was created in a laboratory as a potential bioweapon. Solid scientific research demonstrates that the virus wasn’t engineered by humans and that it originated in bats.

But how did the outbreak occur? Solving this medical mystery is important to prevent future pandemics. What’s increasingly clear is that the initial “origin story” — that the virus was spread by people who ate contaminated animals at the Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan — is shaky.

There’s a competing theory — of an accidental lab release of bat coronavirus — that scientists have been puzzling about for weeks. Less than 300 yards from the seafood market is the Wuhan branch of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Researchers from that facility and the nearby Wuhan Institute of Virology have posted articles about collecting bat coronaviruses from around China, for study to prevent future illness. Did one of those samples leak, or was hazardous waste deposited in a place where it could spread?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

WTF? Souns like something out of the old East Germany, or Nazi Germany, or some other fascist, communist, or authoritarian regime.
'Snitches get rewards'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/la-may ... home-order
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Germany and France now bitching at the US over masks.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ge ... r-BB128L6l
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:49 pm WTF? Souns like something out of the old East Germany, or Nazi Germany, or some other fascist, communist, or authoritarian regime.
'Snitches get rewards'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/la-may ... home-order

Anyone ever do a search on Jon or BDK's posts for the words 'Nazis' 'Communists' and 'Fascists'? It would probably take the site down.