SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Which threatens the republic more?

Post by SDHornet »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:14 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:01 am

This. The donks have given in to the far left/Marxists, and anyone expecting some kind of "normalcy" from their governance is an idiot.
As opposed to the Conks given in to the far right/Fascists? Because that is who is in charge in DC now, an authoritarian fascist unchecked by a spineless Senate.

Re-election of Trump will spell the end of the United States. Won't happen in the next four years, but in my lifetime, the US will not be a democracy if it exists at all.
:rofl: Wait, so basically if something every goes badly in the future it's all Trump's fault no matter what. Bwahahahaha. You're delusional.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:48 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:22 am

What's the matter? You don't want to post that most-excellent wage graph again? :lol: :lol:
wonder how much income those .01% lost over the past two days?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:09 pm
dbackjon wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:12 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I figured as much from the Trump Cultists on this site who are too blind to see the damage that Trump and the GOP are doing to the United States. Keep in your little Trumpbubble.

Sucks for your kids and Grandkids, but fuck'em, right? That's the GOP motto!
Please describe in detail this “damage” Trump has done to America.
Still waiting.... :coffee: :coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:17 am I haven’t seen this fascism/authoritarianism some of you are talking about

Sounds a lot like that sharia law communism we were gonna get with Obama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This post should be stickied to the top of every single thread on this board

TDS = ODS
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:28 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:37 pm Just saw this referenced:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coron ... li=BBnbfcL

The State Department wanted them flown home. That is associated with Trump not wanting the situation to interfere with his re-election.

This is yet another example of why we need to get rid of this guy.

BTW, I still think that at his point this particular Coronavirus thing is probably not that big a deal. I still think influenza is a bigger threat. My opinion could change as things develop but that's what I think right now.

BUT, the CDC has the philosophy of erring on the side of public health and that's the proper approach.

Meanwhile we have a President who sees things in terms of "What does this mean in terms of me getting re-elected."
You have absolutely zero proof of that. Total conjecture. Total TDS.

Congrats.
I can't read Trump's mind. But any reasonable person observing his behavior would conclude that all he's thinking about is keeping his image up for re-election. When CDC staff look at this they are thinking "how can we minimize the damage and contain this." When Trump looks at this he's thinking "How can I make sure this doesn't hurt my chances of getting re-elected." I can't believe you would seriously disagree with that.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I just saw something on TV that illustrates why Trumpism threatens the Republic. A guy said he was at CPAC and a guy said that he doesn't trust the CDC because the CDC is part of the "Deep State" that wants to hurt Trump.

Like I said: The problem isn't Trump. It's the people in this country who support somebody like Trump and buy into that kind of crap. They really do need to be eliminated as a factor in the direction of this country.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:47 pm I just saw something on TV that illustrates why Trumpism threatens the Republic. A guy said he was at CPAC and a guy said that he doesn't trust the CDC because the CDC is part of the "Deep State" that wants to hurt Trump.

Like I said: The problem isn't Trump. It's the people in this country who support somebody like Trump and buy into that kind of crap. They really do need to be eliminated as a factor in the direction of this country.
Whatever you say, JohnStMengele..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:40 pm
I can't read Trump's mind.

When Trump looks at this he's thinking "How can I make sure this doesn't hurt my chances of getting re-elected."
I hate chocolate.

I just ate a very delicious brownie.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

mainejeff wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:06 am If Republicans would just embrace the future by not going after minorities (basically anyone that isn't white, straight, Christian) and would start embracing the preservation of the environment.....clean energy, air & water.......they would start seeing 60....70....80% of this country voting for them. :nod:
:nod:

They just can't get past their racism. I can't for the life of me understand what they have against Bernie when they worship a Jewish socialiast every Sunday.... somebody help me out here :ohno:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

CAA Flagship wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:24 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:40 pm
I can't read Trump's mind.

When Trump looks at this he's thinking "How can I make sure this doesn't hurt my chances of getting re-elected."
I hate chocolate.

I just ate a very delicious brownie.
Must of been some pot in the brownie. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:08 pm
mainejeff wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:06 am If Republicans would just embrace the future by not going after minorities (basically anyone that isn't white, straight, Christian) and would start embracing the preservation of the environment.....clean energy, air & water.......they would start seeing 60....70....80% of this country voting for them. :nod:
:nod:

They just can't get past their racism. I can't for the life of me understand what they have against Bernie when they worship a Jewish socialiast every Sunday.... somebody help me out here :ohno:
You want to see racism? Watch a dem when they find a black man or brown man who’s a conservative. :shock: Yowza.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

This is me spitballing but I think it could be argued that not just our republic but our cultural identity is threatened by the attempts by Bernie, Warren, AOC, etc. to shift the US to the left.

The American cultural identity is different than Canada, Europe and other parts of the world. We value the individual and his/her rights more than most societies and Bernie, Warren, AOC, etc. want to shift our priorities to valuing the collective more.

I’ve posted about how America’s greatness comes from the interplay and compromise between compassion (the left) and self-reliance (the right). Giving it some thought, collaboration is a better word than compassion. The interplay between collaboration and self-reliance has been an underlying theme of our identity for 400 years. The first settlers had to be self-reliant but they also had to collaborate in order to survive. This interplay continued throughout our nation’s development and was strengthened by it. The nation’s overall success despite many formidable challenges (Revolution, War of 1812, Civil War, etc.) which would have bested most developing nations contributed to and was a result of our Yin (collaboration) and Yang (self-reliance).

Another important aspect of this is that in the past our collaboration has for the most part been voluntary and community-based. It was not dictated by the government. When the government did step in, it was typically during times of crisis and there was a finite timeline before things would return to normal. Bernie, Warren, AOC, etc. are advocating for a permanent change in our cultural identity

They believe that we can become more European (collaborative and compassionate) with the simple passage of a few extensive bills (Green New Deal, Medicare for All, etc.) and they’re willing to sacrifice our self-reliance to do it. But you don’t change an identity that has been 400 years in the making in one, four or eight years. That shift will be long, divisive and at the risk of tearing the republic apart.

The communities that used to provide collaboration and compassion have broken down with technology, urbanization, etc. and that leaves a gap that should be filled. I support trying to provide a safety net (healthcare, training/education, childcare) for those in need but we should come up with a solution that works for the American people and our relatively unique cultural identity not just copy Canada or Europe.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:40 pm This is me spitballing but I think it could be argued that not just our republic but our cultural identity is threatened by the attempts by Bernie, Warren, AOC, etc. to shift the US to the left.

The American cultural identity is different than Canada, Europe and other parts of the world. We value the individual and his/her rights more than most societies and Bernie, Warren, AOC, etc. want to shift our priorities to valuing the collective more.

I’ve posted about how America’s greatness comes from the interplay and compromise between compassion (the left) and self-reliance (the right). Giving it some thought, collaboration is a better word than compassion. The interplay between collaboration and self-reliance has been an underlying theme of our identity for 400 years. The first settlers had to be self-reliant but they also had to collaborate in order to survive. This interplay continued throughout our nation’s development and was strengthened by it. The nation’s overall success despite many formidable challenges (Revolution, War of 1812, Civil War, etc.) which would have bested most developing nations contributed to and was a result of our Yin (collaboration) and Yang (self-reliance).

Another important aspect of this is that in the past our collaboration has for the most part been voluntary and community-based. It was not dictated by the government. When the government did step in, it was typically during times of crisis and there was a finite timeline before things would return to normal. Bernie, Warren, AOC, etc. are advocating for a permanent change in our cultural identity

They believe that we can become more European (collaborative and compassionate) with the simple passage of a few extensive bills (Green New Deal, Medicare for All, etc.) and they’re willing to sacrifice our self-reliance to do it. But you don’t change an identity that has been 400 years in the making in one, four or eight years. That shift will be long, divisive and at the risk of tearing the republic apart.

The communities that used to provide collaboration and compassion have broken down with technology, urbanization, etc. and that leaves a gap that should be filled. I support trying to provide a safety net (healthcare, training/education, childcare) for those in need but we should come up with a solution that works for the American people and our relatively unique cultural identity not just copy Canada or Europe.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah we value them so much we'd rather let a psychopath pop into a gun show and get something to gun down your kids with at school than inconvenience some POS loser like Alphajizz. :coffee:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:40 pm This is me spitballing but I think it could be argued that not just our republic but our cultural identity is threatened by the attempts by Bernie, Warren, AOC, etc. to shift the US to the left.

This is really good. I would point out that it's easier to be self reliant with a smaller population in less confined spaces and greater access to and need of an abundance of natural resources.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:13 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah we value them so much we'd rather let a psychopath pop into a gun show and get something to gun down your kids with at school than inconvenience some POS loser like Alphajizz. :coffee:
Nice deflection Houndy. There is truth to the entire idea so you attempt to avoid that truth by focusing on a small part?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:38 am

This is really good. I would point out that it's easier to be self reliant with a smaller population in less confined spaces and greater access to and need of an abundance of natural resources.
Thanks! The concept has been percolating in my head for a little while.

You can definitely add population growth to the reasons why the communities that used to provide collaboration and compassion have broken down.

I would add that the opposite is true and a shift too far toward self-reliance is also bad.

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

The "Green New Deal" basically amounts to about 65% of what Trump Promised in his election run...

X) Good jobs and Higher wages
X) A true healthcare system
x) Infrastructure rebuild
X) Transportation systems overhaul

the non-Trump stuff is

restating the Emissions reduction in Automotive that Trump cancelled
Restoring the clean water clean air act that Trump cancelled
zero emissions electric car infrastructure support
Farming initiative

everybody acts like the Green New Deal is some crazy Hippie sh!t... and its just not
Last edited by Chizzang on Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Their social issue platform basically sucks.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:39 pm The "Green New Deal" basically amounts to about 65% of what Trump Promised in his election run...

the non-Trump stuff is

Farming initiative

everybody acts like the Green New Deal is some crazy Hippie sh!t... and its just not
But, but, but Bernie is an extremist!!!!!!!!!!!
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:01 pm
Chizzang wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:39 pm The "Green New Deal" basically amounts to about 65% of what Trump Promised in his election run...

the non-Trump stuff is

Farming initiative

Bernie is an extremist - no doubt
But he's just reacting to Trump being an extremist - that's the game now days

However, back on topic
The Green New Deal is nothing to be afraid of if you actually read it
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

the non-Trump stuff is

Farming initiative

Wow. You left off all the batshit crazy stuff from the GND. Nice fake news, Chizzy.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... al-FAQ.pdf

A bunch of pie-in-the-sky socialist wet-dreams with absolutely ZERO plan as how they’d actually accomplish these things or what economic impact they’d have.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:05 pm

the non-Trump stuff is

Farming initiative

Wow. You left off all the batshit crazy stuff from the GND. Nice fake news, Chizzy.

A bunch of pie-in-the-sky socialist wet-dreams with absolutely ZERO plan as how they’d actually accomplish these things or what economic impact they’d have.
Um, take a deep breath Chico
that PDF you attached is the "Committee overview"
Kinda like the New Trump Healthcare plan - remember that one..?

It's awaiting a committee

:lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:02 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:01 pm

However, back on topic
He’s as extremist as FDR...or Ike...I tell ya!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:34 pm
Chizzang wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:02 pm

However, back on topic
He’s as extremist as FDR...or Ike...I tell ya!
Bernie isn’t “reacting” to anything. He’s the same extremist and saying the same things he’s been saying for 30 years.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:31 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Um, take a deep breath Chico
that PDF you attached is the "Committee overview"
Kinda like the New Trump Healthcare plan - remember that one..?

It's awaiting a committee

:lol:
How about this one? Just as bad...

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/02/08/he ... io-cortez/