I had not heard of the Antifa leadership’s position on economic and social regimentation.UNI88 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:00 amIt isn't arguable in your opinion. I disagree - using the definition you provided:kalm wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:46 am
Trump is way, way closer to the definition of that word than Antifa. Nationalism, racism, corporatism, calls to violence, and most importantly, access to power and forces. It’s not even arguable. He paints that picture with his own words. Hell, Hillary Clinton and modern feminists are closer to being fascists.
I’ll try to be better at calling out the left too (all 5 of us) although Dback and I have tangled several times in the past on similar issues.
Antifa is a purported to be an anti-facist movement but they use facist techniques. Don't you see the irony and utter hypocrisy in that?
- Exalts nation and often race above the individual - exalts nation above the individual = Trump and the alt-right; exalts race above the individual = Antifa and the ctrl-left
- Stands for a centralized autocratic government = both
- Headed by a dictatorial leader = I agree that Trump would love to be a dicatator in the present but I fear this more from Antifa and the ctrl-left for the future
- Severe economic and social regimentation = Antifa and the ctrl-left
- Forcible suppression of opposition = both
Weird stance for anarchists to take. They better get cracking with creating an administrative infrastructure.