Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:55 pm There is only one true version of Christianity. The question is - is anyone on earth actually practicing that version? Is it the catholic version? The baptist protestant version? The mormon version? The russian orthodox version? Is it the gnostic version? Is it the cathari version? Or is it some version that no one on earth is actually practicing because humankind is flawed and might have misinterpreted God's words when they first wrote them down thousands of years ago or the leaders of the church bastardized them in their pursuit of power.

The God is tallying up sins and ranking is a strawman argument but keep pushing it if it makes you feel better. I don't think trump is going to burn in hell because he's a sinner. I think he's going to burn in hell because he is incapable of 1) admitting that he has sinned and 2) accepting that God or any other being is greater than himself.
I've already explained this. No one gets to heaven through works, and that is not in dispute. That is the ONE version I speak of. You keep pulling the judgmental version of Christianity, which no one agrees with, by acting like any one persons salvation may be at risk because they are "especially" evil. You pass judgement like a champ bro, when you yourself are just as guilty of commiting sin. There are no "levels".

I consider myself Protestant and that's all. Do you know who Paul is in the New Testament? His messages pretty much excoriate the churches of the time because they kept focusing on the law, which you keep doing.

You are simply wrong and too uninformed to know any better StUni.
Strawman. That isn’t what I said at all.

You have decided that you know what I believe better than I do. That’s pretty judgmental.

How do you know that what you’ve been taught and believe came from god and not man? What if the gnostics, cathari or some other oppressed sect were correct but their teachings were oppressed by men in the early church because they threatened their power?

I’ll make it simple for you OSgBF - what does a despicable person like trump have to do to get into heaven?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:07 am
SeattleGriz wrote:
I've already explained this. No one gets to heaven through works, and that is not in dispute. That is the ONE version I speak of. You keep pulling the judgmental version of Christianity, which no one agrees with, by acting like any one persons salvation may be at risk because they are "especially" evil. You pass judgement like a champ bro, when you yourself are just as guilty of commiting sin. There are no "levels".

I consider myself Protestant and that's all. Do you know who Paul is in the New Testament? His messages pretty much excoriate the churches of the time because they kept focusing on the law, which you keep doing.

You have decided that you know what I believe better than I do. That’s pretty judgmental.

How do you know that what you’ve been taught and believe came from god and not man? What if the gnostics, cathari or some other oppressed sect were correct but their teachings were oppressed by men in the early church because they threatened their power?

I’ll make it simple for you OSgBF - what does a despicable person like trump have to do to get into heaven?
Then state what you believe. Here's your chance.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SeattleGriz wrote:

Missed the question on the first post. In what is well accepted, researched by Biblical scholars and agreed across the denominations, is that Trump will get into Heaven if he admits he is a sinner and accepts that Jesus's blood atones for his sins past, present and future. Admitting Jesus died for his sins is what gets Trump and EVERYONE into Heaven. It's a really low bar, but wouldn't you expect that from a good God? 8-)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:05 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:55 pm

There is only one true version of Christianity. The question is - is anyone on earth actually practicing that version? Is it the catholic version? The baptist protestant version? The mormon version? The russian orthodox version? Is it the gnostic version? Is it the cathari version? Or is it some version that no one on earth is actually practicing because humankind is flawed and might have misinterpreted God's words when they first wrote them down thousands of years ago or the leaders of the church bastardized them in their pursuit of power.

The God is tallying up sins and ranking is a strawman argument but keep pushing it if it makes you feel better. I don't think trump is going to burn in hell because he's a sinner. I think he's going to burn in hell because he is incapable of 1) admitting that he has sinned and 2) accepting that God or any other being is greater than himself.

...highlighted above is the kernel of truth in yet another of your half-witted bloviations. It's like this, Mildred: when they put you in the ground, that's where you stay. And no hardware => no software.
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:06 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:05 pm

...highlighted above is the kernel of truth in yet another of your half-witted bloviations. It's like this, Mildred: when they put you in the ground, that's where you stay. And no hardware => no software.
Who asked you to embarrass yourself.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:08 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:06 am

Who asked you to embarrass yourself.
.....you're the one selling fairy tales

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:06 am

Missed the question on the first post. In what is well accepted, researched by Biblical scholars and agreed across the denominations, is that Trump will get into Heaven if he admits he is a sinner and accepts that Jesus's blood atones for his sins past, present and future. Admitting Jesus died for his sins is what gets Trump and EVERYONE into Heaven. It's a really low bar, but wouldn't you expect that from a good God? 8-)
.....and backed up by zero first-hand information (just like the rest of the recycled Egyptian sun god myth). Thats the slick part: can't fact-check the middleman because what he's pushing never existed.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

So simply accepting Jesus enables you to do anything on earth?

That sounds like enabling god rather than a good god.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:07 am Strawman. That isn’t what I said at all.

What I posted compared (bolded) to what you posted (italicized) ...

I think trump is going to burn in hell because he is incapable of / Trump will get into Heaven if he

1) admitting that he has sinned / admits he is a sinner

2) accepting that God or any other being is greater than himself / accepts that Jesus's blood atones for his sins past, present and future (you left out that he has to accept Jesus as his lord and savior)

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:50 am

What I posted compared (bolded) to what you posted (italicized) ...

I think trump is going to burn in hell because he is incapable of / Trump will get into Heaven if he

1) admitting that he has sinned / admits he is a sinner

2) accepting that God or any other being is greater than himself / accepts that Jesus's blood atones for his sins past, present and future (you left out that he has to accept Jesus as his lord and savior)
Surgical precision.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

:lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:28 am :lol:
That’s actually pretty funny. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:32 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:28 am :lol:
That’s funny. :lol:
:nod: The Bee is awesome.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »