Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Biden’s Scorecard

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:46 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:20 am

I hadn’t got to the fact that Paul actually wrote his massive playlist of legendary songs ….

Thank you for recognizing the living legend
A large fraction of which he had help with from another songwriter. :coffee:
Most of his best ones were written while John was “Im only sleeping” .. by the way, that was one of John’s best
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:53 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:39 pm

Do you know the story about how Paul helped George on his song The Taxman?

George had some really good songs for sure and some vicious lyrics and went to high school with Paul… Paul made George famous
This is about as accurate as the "Ringo wasn't the best drummer in the Beatles" bullshit.

George wasn't "made famous" by Paul or anybody else. He put in the work and paid his dues on the road just like the rest of the band. This jive about it all being Paul is exactly that. Wings, not the Beatles, is the band that owes their success to Paul already being famous - and except for Linda they were hired guns on salary. :ohno:
Ringos recent quote says it all about Paul and in retrospect, Paul is the reason George is famous :coffee:

I’ve always thanked him for being that guy because otherwise we’d have put, like, three albums out and vanished.”
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:12 am
kalm wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:06 am

Post the top 10.

Off the top of my head:

Grace Slick
Anne Wilson
Eddie Vedder
Simon LeBon
Linda Ronstadt
Iris Dement
Bonnie Raitt
Layne Staley
Mark Lanegan
Dan Smith
Debbie Harry
James Mercer
Alison Moyet
Daryl Hall
Elliot Smith
Robert Plant
John Lennon
Brandon Flowers
Neko Case
Kurt Cobain
Jeff Lynne
Paul’s greatness his his unmatched versatility and all those you mention lap Paul’s balls at any opportunity

A crooner that kicked off Heavy Metal … Helter Skelter
:dunce:

Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and Deep Purple were founded in 1968 before Helter Skelter was released.

Are you going to give Paul credit for inspiring Mozart next?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:56 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:12 am

Paul’s greatness his his unmatched versatility and all those you mention lap Paul’s balls at any opportunity

A crooner that kicked off Heavy Metal … Helter Skelter
more bullshit, San Francisco was already doing it. Credit Bob Dylan for turning on the Beatles....and ask Led Zepplin about Moby Grape - their favorite American band, with three guitarists every bit as good as Jimmy page. Your animus towards reading and learning shit is holding you way back here.
Oh, there were several bands tinkering around with that loud metallic sound and one of them was The Who….

Paul had been working on an acoustic guitar version of Helter skelter for the White album, but he got word that that The Who was trying to make history by creating one of the loudest most raunchy songs ever heard in mainstream music

As Ringo summarized, Paul make that phone call and said boys … we need to get in the studio because we cannot allow The Who to put put out a song like this before us…

Lennon was like but Paul, you don’t have a hard and loud raunchy song right now…. Paul was like, yea I think I do

So McCartney basically took a soft acoustic number and changed it into what became known as the start of heavy-metal with the loud and bold Helter Skelter….

And once The Beatles put the stamp of approval on metal so to speak is when it exploded..

Led Zepplin was now free to do their thing and boy did they ever….

Thank you Sir Paul for giving us Led Zepplin

all of todays teeny Boopers should be made to listen to some LZ and burn all Taylor Swift and rap songs
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Some of Paul's other notable accomplishments:
- came up with the concept for Woodstock and prepped Jimi Hendrix for his performance.
- invented MTV.
- taught Michael Jackson the moonwalk.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:05 am

Most of his best ones were written while John was “Im only sleeping” .. by the way, that was one of John’s best
Dear Prudence. :coffee:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Rain. :coffee:

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:27 am

more bullshit, San Francisco was already doing it. Credit Bob Dylan for turning on the Beatles....and ask Led Zepplin about Moby Grape - their favorite American band, with three guitarists every bit as good as Jimmy page. Your animus towards reading and learning shit is holding you way back here.
Oh, there were several bands tinkering around with that loud metallic sound and one of them was The Who….

Paul had been working on an acoustic guitar version of Helter skelter for the White album, but he got word that that The Who was trying to make history by creating one of the loudest most raunchy songs ever heard in mainstream music

As Ringo summarized, Paul make that phone call and said boys … we need to get in the studio because we cannot allow The Who to put put out a song like this before us…

Lennon was like but Paul, you don’t have a hard and loud raunchy song right now…. Paul was like, yea I think I do

So McCartney basically took a soft acoustic number and changed it into what became known as the start of heavy-metal with the loud and bold Helter Skelter….

And once The Beatles put the stamp of approval on metal so to speak is when it exploded..

all of todays teeny Boopers should be made to listen to some LZ and burn all Taylor Swift and rap songs

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Oh my goodness. :ohno:

Helter Skelter was recorded about three years after The Who had already recorded a song like that, but better. In fact it was one of two songs that kicked off a new musical ..... generation hint hint. The other one was White Rabbit and the Beatles were most definitely late-comers to psychedelic music

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:48 am

Helter Skelter was recorded about three years after The Who had already recorded a song like that, but better. In fact it was one of two songs that kicked off a new musical ..... generation hint hint. The other one was White Rabbit and the Beatles were most definitely late-comers to psychedelic music
There were hints of more edginess on Rubber Soul and Revolver but Sgt Pepper was the definitive turn. It clinciddd with their trip to India, weed, and LSD.

Psychedelics increase creativity and mindfulness.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:02 am
houndawg wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:48 am

There were hints of more edginess on Rubber Soul and Revolver but Sgt Pepper was the definitive turn. It clinciddd with their trip to India, weed, and LSD.

Psychedelics increase creativity and mindfulness.
:nod:

And thank you Bob Dylan.

Rubber Soul was the start of something different and Revolver dropped a matter of months later

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:30 am

Dear Prudence. :coffee:
Tomorrow never knows
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:39 am Some of Paul's other notable accomplishments:
- came up with the concept for Woodstock and prepped Jimi Hendrix for his performance.
- invented MTV.
- taught Michael Jackson the moonwalk.
Paul and Micheal Jackson collaborated on a few songs circa 1984. Paul had given MJ some insight on the music business and the very next day MJ tells Paul he’s buying the rights to his music … something like that anyway
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Since Hound is a Ringo enabler I remember something else about that day I got schooled by the music teacher in the seventh grade in 1975….

With all the Beatles talk going back-and-forth the class Spicoli stood up at his desk and started singing Ringos ….The no no song.. and then she held out a 10 pound bag of cocaine and said it was the finest in the land…. And I said no no no no I don’t smoke it no more, I’m tired of waking up on the floor….. the teacher was laughing but it but despite that, he was promptly sent to the office for a few whacks

49 years later I can still see it in hear it.

But I don’t remember what was on any quizzes or test…
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:19 pm
They are not. Hard to imagine a few things dramatic don’t happen over the couple of months that could close the gap but he needs to be at least +5 in national polling and/or obviously flip some swing states.

Tick tick tick.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Do both candidates suck? Yes. Does one suck more than the other? Absolutely.

There are two primary reasons for the current polling. A two party/tribalistic system and disinformation.

https://x.com/davidcayj/status/17932719 ... LLEdWL4H3w
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:22 am Do both candidates suck? Yes. Does one suck more than the other? Absolutely.

There are two primary reasons for the current polling. A two party/tribalistic system and disinformation.

kalm has admitted that biden sucks. Can CH, BDKKKaren or SG admit that trump sucks? I double-dog dare you!

That story is also misinformative (new word, put it in the dictionary suckers). Yes, the economy has been relatively good for the last 2 years and I love how the market is doing but we still haven't made up for the inflation from the year before that. Plus as the father of a recent college grad, the job market sucks. He and I'm hearing of lots of others are still looking for work. He has a BS in computer science and an MS in artificial intelligence.

kalm, please tell me what you think biden has accomplished in 3+ years (other than not being trump)?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:44 am
kalm wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:22 am Do both candidates suck? Yes. Does one suck more than the other? Absolutely.

kalm has admitted that biden sucks. Can CH, BDKKKaren or SG admit that trump sucks? I double-dog dare you!

That story is also misinformative (new word, put it in the dictionary suckers). Yes, the economy has been relatively good for the last 2 years and I love how the market is doing but we still haven't made up for the inflation from the year before that. Plus as the father of a recent college grad, the job market sucks. He and I'm hearing of lots of others are still looking for work. He has a BS in computer science and an MS in artificial intelligence.

kalm, please tell me what you think biden has accomplished in 3+ years (other than not being trump)?
Well Bob, he has in fact not been Trump. :mrgreen:

(1. I think build back better will payoff in the long run. Are there issues? Yes. Government largesse? Yes. But the very fact that many R’s took credit for BBB funding coming into their district for infrastructure improvements and manufacturing suggests I’m not alone here. 2. Labor relations. 3). Active Antitrust prosecution. 4). Weed. Imperfect but moving in the right direction after all of these years)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:52 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:44 am

(1. I think build back better will payoff in the long run. Are there issues? Yes. Government largesse? Yes. But the very fact that many R’s took credit for BBB funding coming into their district for infrastructure improvements and manufacturing suggests I’m not alone here. 2. Labor relations. 3). Active Antitrust prosecution. 4). Weed. Imperfect but moving in the right direction after all of these years)
Not being trump is a significant consideration for a lot of voters.

Politicians from both sides of the aisle have been taking credit for funding they opposed coming into their districts for centuries.

Let's hear it CH, BDK, SG, can you say that trump sucks? You can add a qualifier that he doesn't suck as bad as biden in your opinion.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:30 am

Politicians from both sides of the aisle have been taking credit for funding they opposed coming into their districts for centuries.

Let's hear it CH, BDK, SG, can you say that trump sucks? You can add a qualifier that he doesn't suck as bad as biden in your opinion.
Trump sucks Lana’s tetas :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:57 am

Trump sucks putin's ballsack when ordered :coffee:
There you go.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:31 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:57 am

Trump sucks putin's ballsack when ordered :coffee:
There you go.
Hahha

Whatever you want to call it but it was working, Putin obviously wanted Bojozo as President so he could invade
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Crickets
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:32 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:31 am
There you go.
Hahha

Whatever you want to call it but it was working, Putin obviously wanted Bojozo as President so he could invade
That's all speculation and MAQA yahoo conspiracy theory bullshit. Believing crap like that is where the Q in MAQA comes from.

putin would have invaded Ukraine if trump were POTUS and then used the compromising pictures of them together in Helsinki to blackmail trump into pulling out of NATO so he could follow up with invasions of the Baltic States and Poland. I can make up bullshit too.