Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Trump vs Harris

Post by UNI88 »

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:46 pm
:lol:

Watters is the biggest turd in sea liquid crap.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:05 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:52 am AGS down hard

Does anyone talk FCS football on here?

Kind of slow
I’d love to.
I’ve tried

AGS back
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:10 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:05 am

I’d love to.
I’ve tried

AGS back
I’ll see if I can get it rolling here.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:46 pm
Watters is correct. She got no bounce in the polls. RCP national avg ALL polls
-Mon, 8/19 (start of DNC convention) Harris +1.5
-Thur, 8/29 (1 week post DNC convention: Harris +1.6
If you scroll down you can pick the time period. Virtually no bounce.
https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/ ... -vs-harris

To note this day in history:
August 29, 2016: Clinton +5.9. Finished the +3.0.
August 29, 2020: Biden +6.9. Finished +4.5.
August 20, 2024: Harris +1.6. Would probably need to finish +4 to +5 to win.

The person who put together the tweet just showed the FNC poll. You can’t just use one poll. have to look at all. Waters said Harris was down in all the battlegrounds. He is mostly wrong there. She is down in 4 of 7 using RCP avg ALL polls,
https://www.realclearpolling.com/electi ... und-states
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:57 am
kalm wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:42 am Seeing more and more of these sentiments from evangelicals.

I'll list them out so BDK can refute a couple and smugly act like that makes the entire list invalid ...
  • 1.His unapologetic public calls through ads in the papers to have the Central Park 5 executed. They were later exonerated. He never apologized.
    2.His family business had "no vacancies for Blacks".
    3.His history of stiffing vendors after they did work for him.
    4.His catch phrase "you're fired". I'm an employer, if I'm firing people that's my failure in developing the employee. As Michael Scott (The Office) said, "I don't want to be the 'You're fired'-guy, I want to be the 'You're hired'-guy.
    5.His unfaithfulness to every spouse. As I was told when Bill Clinton ran, character matters and if a man will cheat on his wife he will cheat on his country. I didn't vote for Clinton and haven't and will not vote for Trump.[/b]
    6.His unexplained ties to and friendship with Jeffrey Epstein. This relationship led to allegations in '08 of SA and rape of a 12yo.
    7.His Obama birtherism. I don't care where it started, I saw how far he pushed it.
    8.His demagoguery of "others" for the sake of political gain. He's gone after immigrants, those living with disabilities, the Black community, Muslims, countries run by POC. He's a demagogue and that never leads to good things.
    9.He was twice impeached. I don't care that it didn't result in removal. All impeachments are political, not legal, proceedings and therefore aren't really exonerations or incriminations. I watched both, listened to the testimony. Unfit.
    10. Bump stock ban. Take guns first, then due process.
    11. He pepper-sprayed, and rubber-bulleted protesters at a church in DC that included Christians for the sake of clearing the way for a photo-op with the Bible. Abuse of power.
    12.He expanded tariffs that drove up construction costs which contributed to the inflation he wants to blame on Democrats.
    13.His tax breaks benefited the wealthy and hit the middle class with the bill. I saw what happened to my middle class taxes.
    14. He panders to whatever conspiracy or hate group demographics he needs to remain in power. He's playing the heel.
    15. His comments about service people being losers and suckers.
    16. His public handling of COVID was a huge blunder. He spent more on COVID than Biden.
    17. This also contributed to the inflation that he now lying pins only on the Democrats (the GOP controls the Congress).
    18. His SCOTUS appointees overturned established law on abortion. This has led to mass confusion, unnecessary death and maiming, as well as an increase in abortions.
    19. He politicized locking kids in cages as an immigration deterrent rather than come up with solutions politically that would work to salve the border issues.
    20.He ran the government like a crime family.
    21.He tried to get Georgia's Governor to "find" him enough votes to win the state, which is illegal.
    22.He refused to concede the '20 election to the point of what happened on J6. I've watched numerous documentaries on it. The bloodshed that day is on his hands. Unfit.
    23. He's a convicted felon who has also been found liable of rape.
    24.He took confidential documents concerning the U.S.' allies and stored them in the bathroom.
    25.He tries to create questions about Harris' ethnicity.
    26.Most of the folks who worked in his first administration want nothing to do with him and many have endorsed Harris.
    27.His use of my faith as a panacea for power.
Therefore, no, I will never vote for Trump. I am #neverTrump as far as giving him power ever again for the numerous reasons stated above.
I’ll refute most and point out your list is mostly invalid. :coffee: I numbered it to make it easier to reply to.
1.Link? You’re making an accusation we haven’t seen on here before. How about a link?
2. Same. How about a link?
4. Lol, the catch phrase ‘You’re fired’ is just a shtick from TV.
5. I’m not voting for somebody for their character.
6. Unfortunately the donks have played a large role in covering up Epstein.
7.Hillary started the birtherism.
8. He’s mostly demagogued ILLEGAL immigrants, not legal. Huge difference.
9. His impeachments were both political shams.
10. I agree on the bump stock bans being wrong. Not being a gun guy I’m surprised you mentioned that.
11. Trump didn’t pepper spray anyone, those were violent protesters, and that park needed to be cleared.
12. Evidence construction costs went up under Trump. Link?
13. Wrong, the majority of taxpayers got a tax break under his tax cuts.
14. You sound like a whiny lib again.
15. There you go again with the ‘suckers and losers’ hoax. Zero evidence he said it.
16. I agree partially on the Covid, esp the lame duck 2nd relief bill.
17. Most of the inflation blame rightfully is being pinned on Biden/Harris.
18.His SCOTUS appointees overturned law that was clearly a states’ rights issue. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
19. The kids in cages was started by Obama. Trump left office with the most secure border in US history.
20. Sound like a whiny little lib again.
21. Convicted of no wrong doing.
22. So what you’ve watched numerous documentaries. I’m sure all produced by the left. He told people to peacefully protest.
23. Wrong. The civil jury found didn’t commit rape. Can’t believe you’re still getting this one wrong.
24. His position is he declassified them under his authority as POTUS. Might be BS, but the case has been dismissed.
26. You provide no evidence that ‘most’ folks (who weren’t holdovers) want nothing to do with him.

You come across as a whiny TDS lib with your list.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:30 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:57 am

I'll list them out so BDK can refute a couple and smugly act like that makes the entire list invalid ...
  • 1.His unapologetic public calls through ads in the papers to have the Central Park 5 executed. They were later exonerated. He never apologized.
    2.His family business had "no vacancies for Blacks".
    3.His history of stiffing vendors after they did work for him.
    4.His catch phrase "you're fired". I'm an employer, if I'm firing people that's my failure in developing the employee. As Michael Scott (The Office) said, "I don't want to be the 'You're fired'-guy, I want to be the 'You're hired'-guy.
    5.His unfaithfulness to every spouse. As I was told when Bill Clinton ran, character matters and if a man will cheat on his wife he will cheat on his country. I didn't vote for Clinton and haven't and will not vote for Trump.[/b]
    6.His unexplained ties to and friendship with Jeffrey Epstein. This relationship led to allegations in '08 of SA and rape of a 12yo.
    7.His Obama birtherism. I don't care where it started, I saw how far he pushed it.
    8.His demagoguery of "others" for the sake of political gain. He's gone after immigrants, those living with disabilities, the Black community, Muslims, countries run by POC. He's a demagogue and that never leads to good things.
    9.He was twice impeached. I don't care that it didn't result in removal. All impeachments are political, not legal, proceedings and therefore aren't really exonerations or incriminations. I watched both, listened to the testimony. Unfit.
    10. Bump stock ban. Take guns first, then due process.
    11. He pepper-sprayed, and rubber-bulleted protesters at a church in DC that included Christians for the sake of clearing the way for a photo-op with the Bible. Abuse of power.
    12.He expanded tariffs that drove up construction costs which contributed to the inflation he wants to blame on Democrats.
    13.His tax breaks benefited the wealthy and hit the middle class with the bill. I saw what happened to my middle class taxes.
    14. He panders to whatever conspiracy or hate group demographics he needs to remain in power. He's playing the heel.
    15. His comments about service people being losers and suckers.
    16. His public handling of COVID was a huge blunder. He spent more on COVID than Biden.
    17. This also contributed to the inflation that he now lying pins only on the Democrats (the GOP controls the Congress).
    18. His SCOTUS appointees overturned established law on abortion. This has led to mass confusion, unnecessary death and maiming, as well as an increase in abortions.
    19. He politicized locking kids in cages as an immigration deterrent rather than come up with solutions politically that would work to salve the border issues.
    20.He ran the government like a crime family.
    21.He tried to get Georgia's Governor to "find" him enough votes to win the state, which is illegal.
    22.He refused to concede the '20 election to the point of what happened on J6. I've watched numerous documentaries on it. The bloodshed that day is on his hands. Unfit.
    23. He's a convicted felon who has also been found liable of rape.
    24.He took confidential documents concerning the U.S.' allies and stored them in the bathroom.
    25.He tries to create questions about Harris' ethnicity.
    26.Most of the folks who worked in his first administration want nothing to do with him and many have endorsed Harris.
    27.His use of my faith as a panacea for power.
Therefore, no, I will never vote for Trump. I am #neverTrump as far as giving him power ever again for the numerous reasons stated above.
I’ll refute most and point out your list is mostly invalid. :coffee: I numbered it to make it easier to reply to.
1.Link? You’re making an accusation we haven’t seen on here before. How about a link?
10. I agree on the bump stock bans being wrong. Not being a gun guy I’m surprised you mentioned that.
11. Trump didn’t pepper spray anyone, those were violent protesters, and that park needed to be cleared.
15. There you go again with the ‘suckers and losers’ hoax. Zero evidence he said it.
18.His SCOTUS appointees overturned law that was clearly a states’ rights issue. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
19. The kids in cages was started by Obama. Trump left office with the most secure border in US history.
22. So what you’ve watched numerous documentaries. I’m sure all produced by the left. He told people to peacefully protest.
23. Wrong. The civil jury found didn’t commit rape. Can’t believe you’re still getting this one wrong.
24. His position is he declassified them under his authority as POTUS. Might be BS, but the case has been dismissed.
26. You provide no evidence that ‘most’ folks (who weren’t holdovers) want nothing to do with him.

My list? It's not my list. I just cut and pasted his points from his tweets. Talk to Mark West if you don't like it.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

It’s not just that MAGA believes Trump will win. It’s that they believe it’s impossible for him to lose legitimately. The amount of cognitive dissonance building up is astounding. And Team Trump willingly feeds it on a daily basis. Will any of them be willing to accept defeat in November?

HE CAN’T LOSE. THE POLLS LIE! DEMS CAN’T HOLD THE SENATE. HE CAN’T BE GUILTY OF CRIMES. :suspicious:
POTTERVILLE, Michigan — Inside a hulking steel warehouse where Donald Trump rallied his supporters on Thursday, the former president’s backers sweltered in the heat — and gave no oxygen, either, to the idea that their candidate arrived in this battleground state weakened by Kamala Harris’ ascent.

None said they believed recent polling showing Trump slipping behind Harris here. Nor could they stomach the latest Fox News polling showing that, entering the crucial post-Labor Day stretch of the campaign, the vice president had improved her position over President Joe Biden against Trump in Arizona, Georgia, Nevada and North Carolina.

And none could envision a world where they wake up on Nov. 6 and Trump is not the winner; if he isn’t, they say, Harris has either cheated or the election has been rigged.
“The media would tell you that Harris is winning, but the heart of America will tell you that Trump’s got it made,” said Kirk Deatrick, who said he stopped trusting Fox News when the network parted ways with Tucker Carlson.

He added of Democrats, “I think if they don’t cheat, I think he’ll win by a huge amount,” predicting an 80-20 margin of victory for Trump “if it was a fair and honest election, and illegal people don’t vote and they don’t use cheating.”

……..

The rank and file’s certainty about Trump’s standing is at odds with Trump’s own, private concerns about the state of the race — and those of his allies. And it reflects a MAGA base that, far from adjusting to the shifting dynamics of the race, is digging in, and poised to protest any result other than a Trump victory come November.

“We need God’s help, and I’m praying he’ll transition this thing peacefully, but if not, that’s where I come in,” said 62-year-old Richard McLeod, who said he was a member of two Michigan militias. He added: “I’m standing my ground. I’m fighting ‘til I die. And I want to make the other side die for their cause.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/2 ... n-00176808
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:07 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:30 pm

My list? It's not my list. I just cut and pasted his points from his tweets. Talk to Mark West if you don't like it.
I have no desire to talk to some random TDS lib on X. I waste enough time talking to ya’ll.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:42 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:07 pm

I have no desire to talk to some random TDS lib on X. I waste enough time talking to ya’ll.
We're the only ones that let you hang around. :coffee:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

What a bunch of dodging flip flopping nonsense..
‘Let me be clear’ : democrat speak for lying.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:49 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:42 am
Educating the hapless is yeoman’s work.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Trump seeks to activate his base at Moms for Fascism gathering but risks alienating moderate voters
In a “fireside chat” conversation in the nation’s capital, the former president will seek to shore up support and enthusiasm among a major part of his base. The bulk of the group’s 130,000-plus members are populists who agree with him that a select group of parents should have more say in public education and that any mention of racial equity programs and transgender accommodations that might hurt their tender little feelings doesn't belong in schools.

Yet Trump also will run the risk of alienating more moderate voters, many of whom see Moms for Fascism's activism as too extreme to be legitimized by a presidential nominee.
Edited for accuracy

Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 8:13 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:49 am

Educating the hapless is yeoman’s work.
We know, we see it every day
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:31 am Trump seeks to activate his base at Moms for Fascism gathering but risks alienating moderate voters
In a “fireside chat” conversation in the nation’s capital, the former president will seek to shore up support and enthusiasm among a major part of his base. The bulk of the group’s 130,000-plus members are populists who agree with him that a select group of parents should have more say in public education and that any mention of racial equity programs and transgender accommodations that might hurt their tender little feelings doesn't belong in schools.

Yet Trump also will run the risk of alienating more moderate voters, many of whom see Moms for Fascism's activism as too extreme to be legitimized by a presidential nominee.
Edited for accuracy
The best thing about Trump is he does whats right and doesn't care what anyone thinks. He takes a stand unlike the flip flopping whore.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bobskat wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:47 am
The best thing about Trump is he does whats right for trump and doesn't care about anyone else. He takes a stand on issues like abortion, immigration, cryptocurrency, tiktok, etc. unlike the flip flopping whore.
FYP

I'm sure this is just FAKE NEWS ...
Trump keeps flip-flopping his policy positions after meeting with rich people

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:03 am
Bobskat wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:47 am

The best thing about Trump is he does whats right for trump and doesn't care about anyone else. He takes a stand on issues like abortion, immigration, cryptocurrency, tiktok, etc. unlike the flip flopping whore.
FYP

You called it. Politico? LOL The National Inquirer of tabloids
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bobskat wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:09 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:03 am
FYP

Straight from the MAQA yahoo playbook - can't dispute the information then attempt to discredit the source (i.e. shoot the messenger).

donOLD flip flops as much as any other politician. There is a plethora of proof out there that MAQA yahoo cult members choose to ignore.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Takeaways from Trump's brief town hall in Wisconsin: IVF, economy, Tim Walz 'weird'
Trump took about six questions, two of them from Gabbard and four from selected attendees.

The town hall lasted about a half hour. Trump often speaks at rallies for over an hour, and his speech at the Republican National Convention was 92 minutes long. (Campaign staffers later said the event was cut short because of an incoming storm.)
Townhalls with questions from a friendly moderator or pre-selected attendees? Seems similar to what harris is doing with her "interviews".

Did donOLD have milk and cookies before he went nigh night?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

Trump is up or tied in every major presidential poll

This is the best the democrats can do, they have lied for 4 years attacked Trump for 9 years, fabricated stories about Trump, indicted Trump, impeached Trump and the best they can do is a tie.

Enjoy November you America hating pukes

Enjoy the next 4 years, I know I will
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:15 am
Bobskat wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:09 am
Straight from the MAQA yahoo playbook - can't dispute the information then attempt to discredit the source (i.e. shoot the messenger).

donOLD flip flops as much as any other politician. There is a plethora of proof out there that MAQA yahoo cult members choose to ignore.
It doesn’t require Politico (which is about as centrist as they come). You can just pay attention to Trump’s lawn words.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:48 am Trump is up or tied in every major presidential poll

This is the best the democrats can do, they have lied for 4 years attacked Trump for 9 years, fabricated stories about Trump, indicted Trump, impeached Trump and the best they can do is a tie.

:lol: It’s tight but continues to trend Harris. She’s now tied or up in every major poll…
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bobskat wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:48 am Trump is up or tied in every major presidential poll

What will you do if harris is declared the winner?

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

Go on about my life like every other presidential election. Of course I will be taxed more, inflation will continue to go up and our country will be less secure, but I dont live where it matters much.

My dream result is Harris wins but republicans take the house and senate by a lot and block everything the puppet master is trying to force Harris to do. Everyone knows shes too stupid to be in charge, thats why she was installed as the candidate.